Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 4,206

Black_Swordsman

Assassin's Creed: Origins was my latest PS4 purchase. Really looking forward to playing through it again and going all the way as it seemed like a solid game when I first bought it a few years ago - but got sidetracked by other games I had on my Playstation at the time. Anyone here played through it? Maybe we can talk about it in the General PS4 Thread or What PS4 Games are you currently playing thread?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

Steelbooks are cool. When I sold Persona 5 (vanilla), I kept my steelbook for decorative purposes. Now it sits next to my P5R steelbook.

Also have steelbooks for Bloodstained, Final Fantasy XII (on PS2), and Ni no Kuni on PS3 (not deliberately; Gamestop sent me the wrong preorder item years ago, and I found the case so enchanting that I never bothered to pitch a fuss).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Black_Swordsman

@Ralizah That sounds pretty cool, like a pretty cool experience to be enchanted by a steelbook the only one I had was Dear Esther and whilst I found the game charming it didn't "enchant" me enough to merit my completion of the game.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Must've been pretty bad to not be able to finish a game that's two hours long.

TheOtherEden

@RogerRoger

Thanks man I appreciate it haha. Yeah steelbooks can can sometimes just kinda be eh. But Atlas’s are usually absolutely sick. You have no idea how long I have been trying to track down the royal steelbook lol. I almost paid like 30 bucks for the steelbook only, but then I was like screw that might as well buy the game again. Ended up paying 25 for a brand new copy. Could maybe trade in the other disc to GameStop to maybe make some money back. I learned my lesson with Persona 5 Royal and I refused to buy Catherine unless it was the steelbook version, didn’t want repeat the same mistake and end up with two copies! Lol. I’m glad I found that one as well. Actually now that I think about it Persona 5 Royal is my first steelbook ever! Huh not bad for my first steelbook!

Oh sorry I’m just rambling to my self now lol.

@Ralizah Oh man I really want the vanilla persona 5 steelbook as well. It looks so sick. It’s pretty cheap online too. I definitely want to cop that. I do one vanilla persona 5 all ready, digitally. But hey I don’t care. Those other steelbooks you have sound cool too. I definitely would want a lot of square steelbooks. I kinda wish I got the one for FF7R honestly.

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

Ralizah

@TheOtherEden Oh, I actually have the FF7R one as well! Totally forgot, since I keep all my stuff in the special edition case.

I'm a little jealous about the Catherine one. I don't regret buying it on Switch, but I wish that version had a steelbook option. I just ended up getting it digitally.

Might end up keeping my steelbooks when I sell my physical PS4 games and transition to the digital PS5 eventually.

TheOtherEden

@Ralizah

Yeah I only paid like 30 dollars for it too! I love the art on it so much. I also love the pink color it has as well, it’s like the perfect pink haha. Too bad it doesn’t come with a special theme like how Persona 5 Royal did.

Edited on by TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

RogerRoger

@TheOtherEden No ramble, so no worries! I did a quick Google and saw what the Persona 5 Royal steelbook actually looks like. You've scored yourself quite a doozy there!

We went through an odd phase here in the UK, whereby you'd order a steelbook edition and they'd just give you a regular copy of the game, alongside an empty steelbook. I can understand how people would wanna sell on their spare steelbooks if that happened, but not for such a ridiculous mark-up! Thirty bucks for an empty box, when one that actually has the game in is twenty-five? Yeesh!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

I'm a sucker for a good steelbook. I've got the ones for Catherine Full Body, Persona 5 Royal, and Yakuza Like A Dragon.

The Catherine one wasn't intentional. I brought the physical version when it was going cheap, and it just happened to be the snazzy launch edition.

As for Persona and Yakuza, I did get the launch editions so I could have the lovely steelbooks. However, I'm in no hurry to play them yet as I'm wanting to play other games in their series first.

I've also got the Cyberpunk 2077 steelbook version preordered. Hopefully that game will run adequately on a base PS4, otherwise I'll probably just reluctantly return the game.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

ApostateMage

Ni No Kuni 2. £8 from the store sale.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles If you are getting a PS5 you might want hold on to that PS4 copy, as you get not only a boost from the day the game is released, but also a free upgrade to the PS5 version as some point next year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheOtherEden

@RogerRoger oh yeah isn’t the Royal steelbook absolutely sick? It comes with a cool looking theme too 🙂 yeah it was pretty crazy for the price at the time since I paid 60 dollars for Royal I thought the steel book for 30 by it’s self wasn’t too bad. I seriously almost bought it. But then I remember that the game was going around for like 30 something and even like 20 once at Walmart. So then I said let’s just wait for Black Friday and buy a new copy with less dents in it for less money lol.

@crimsontadpoles Yeha the royal and Catherine steelbooks so are amazing. Definitely some of my favorite steelbooks of all time.

TheOtherEden

Bentleyma

I hate steelbooks! I'm all digital now, but it used to annoy me when I'd order a game and it ended up being the steelbook edition (Persona 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider come to mind). I just hated the way they stood out from my other games!

My latest PS4 purchase was Twin Mirror. Not in the same league as something like Detroit: Become Human, but I liked it just fine.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@TheOtherEden It's a fine art, waiting for the moment when something like that becomes cheap, right before it becomes super-expensive for being rare. Good timing!

@Bentleyma- Glad you enjoyed Twin Mirror. It got mauled in yesterday's review!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Good point, well made. I hope you enjoy it, and would love to read your take, as and when!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic