Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 6,301 to 6,320 of 6,463

kyleforrester87

@CaptD from memory I think I felt the same, really annoying difficulty spikes. TNO has a few weird moments like that but they are few and far between, where as TNC seemed to be built around them. The story too, from what I remember, seemed to disregard everything that made the first one good. I’m not sure what happened, I can’t imagine TNO was a total fluke 🤷‍♂️

Having said all that, TNC did review well so obviously some people liked it - hopefully I can find a bit of that if I give it another shot.

I hated Doom Eternal and loved Doom 2016, too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

@kyleforrester87 @CaptD The courtroom fight in New Colossus is still lodged in my memory for being an utterly horrendous difficulty spike.

I still enjoyed the game but the story felt like part two of a trilogy with no finale in sight.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho At least not on PlayStation. 😥

I've yet to finish New Colossus either, as I too found the difficulty problematic.

I'm have similar issues currently with Borderlands 3, and struggling with a couple of bosses which are completely wiping me out. You can go back and try again later when you are a higher level, but is a pain as you have to go through the whole level again.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

I’ve jumped into Far Cry 5 and Dragon Quest XI S.

FC5 has me hooked by its story, but the shear size of the map is exhausting. It really does feel more like homework & less optional (tick the checklists). I also had to fiddle with the options for a good 30mins just to get it ‘right’ for me. Thought about dropping it, but the story and it’s characters are really carrying it for me.

DQXI is just wonderful. I’m playing in 3D mode on PS4. I reckon I’ll do a 2D run sometime later maybe on the Switch, as there’s no way I’ll get the platinum in this one.
My only gripe is the English VA so I’m having to switch to Japanese as I can’t stand Gemma & her ‘Crickey!, Crickey!’ sound bites. @Ralizah did you play it in Japanese? The English VA by all accounts was meant to be very good.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

CaptD

@JohnnyShoulder If you want some help with Borderlands 3 then post in the boost thread, I've yet to start the game but I'm happy to jump in a PushSq crew.
Coincidentally I'm playing Borderlands 2 VR ATM, good fun and I think it has been more tuned for single playe as it doesn't support MP.

@Fight_Teza_Fight Fc5 was great, hop in a plane or chopper to zip around the map a bit quicker.
As for Japanese VA, for most games I pick English VA if available as I like to avoid trying to read subtitles at the same time as the action is kicking off. I'm sure many would frown upon that.
I'm playing Ghostwire ATM and switched to English VA.

CaptD

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 If you do end up giving it another shot, I'll be very interested to read what you make of The New Colossus. Add another "enjoyed The New Order and The Old Blood so was surprised by how disappointed I was" comment, in line with what others have said above.

For now, I'm just glad you're enjoying the return experience, as I know you've mentioned The New Order as a favourite before. Comparing it to the first Red Faction is high praise!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

oliverp

@kyleforrester87 Oh cool that you have picked up and are playing Wolfenstein at the moment. I have actually myself been playing the new Wolfenstein games on and off for a couple of years now and have like always been impressed with the quality and fun factor of the games. I think many people might have missed the games. Also thinking about all the hard work that most have gone into creating the games.

Can mention that I have yet to complete Old and YoungBlood in the series hehe.

oliverp

Anti-Matter

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town PS4
I got the PAL version. 🥺
I want to get USA version but suddenly the stocks all sold out, only 1 copy PAL version left so I have no choice but pick the PAL version.

Anti-Matter

Fight_Teza_Fight

@CaptD I almost always play with English VA, but have found myself switching back & forth in this one😅.

I did some air raids in FC5 yesterday & they were pretty great tbh.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

@CaptD Cheers for the thought, but I'm more of a single player guy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I'm playing The Messenger. I've always been a fan of 8 bit platformers, and with Shovel Knight being among my favorite indies of last generation, this one would like it'd suit me.

Halfway the game, The Messenger opens up more gameplay wise (I'm careful not to spoil anything). I had read about this in previews, and it was actually one of the things that had me excited for this game. It's pretty much THE selling point of the game, because the rest is just a decent 8-bit platformer, of which there are loads of already.

Actually from that moment on the game becomes tedious. You're replaying old levels a lot, so much of your time is wasted retreading old ground. Because of the upgrades you've assembled the game becomes much easier, and it doesn't scale with you in any way, so the only ways I still sometimes die is because I'm playing the game on autopilot. I get so much health that I will just walk through enemies to get to the other side of the screen faster. And then sometimes I die. It's a dumb reason to die, and it doesn't frustrate me at all, but it's telling of how boring the game has become.

They also add a sort of time travelling mechanic somewhere. Which isn't hugely revolutionary, but it could be something... if they ever implemented it in interesting ways. Instead time travelling is nothing more than 'in the past this door is open, in the future it is closed, so change the time to continue'. It's... like they don't care about the gameplay mechanic being there at all. Infuriating stuff!

I've then went back and read reviews of the game. Seems like almost all reviewers hate the back half of the game. Hm... Well, at least the first half was fun!

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

Made a start on Life is Strange 2 this morning and… it’s great! I remember being really surprised by how much I enjoyed the original and I think this one is actually better. And that moment about 30 minutes in … 😱 woah!

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Are you telling me to play it? 😝
I see. It is in ps+ extra and perhaps I should hit the download button, I played the first one but none of the others.
Ps. You don't have Wolfenstein Youngblood do you? It has appalling reviews but it can't be that bad, can it?!

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD if you liked the first one, then sure.

CaptD wrote:

Ps. You don't have Wolfenstein Youngblood do you? It has appalling reviews but it can't be that bad, can it?!

It’s not a bad game… but it is a TERRIBLE platinum. So if you’re not chasing 100% completion I’m sure you’ll have fun… I on the other hand wanted that shiney 😔

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town PS4

I have to wait until next sunny Wednesday to meet with Van the traveler merchant to sell Van's favorite bottles and getting Remote controllers to be sold on Huang to get instant Million Gil.
Yay... Getting rich by selling remote controllers. 😆

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

Made a start on Dead Nation today with @CaptD very kindly showing me the ropes. What a great little game! Gonna be a tough old nut to crack for the platinum… but I’m gonna enjoy the journey.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Yeah good fun game and pretty tough but I've just started a morbid playthrough and it wasn't as tough as grim in coop, only did first level mind (I did die once though so it wasn't a totally walk in the park) plus 100% loot so I don't know what the hell was happening before.
I think the game doesn't scale too well at higher difficulties in coop...the enemies are a bit too bullet spongy. Braindead in coop is where it's at.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yeah I made a start on my solo grim playthrough and found it so much easier… that multiplayer scaling is insane!

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

I have reached Spring season Year 2.
Still working on getting more money and raise the Heart level of the dudes.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic