Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 6,185

JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

I really enjoy playing Doraemon: Story of Seasons PS4 recently.
So far I have accumulated 42+ hours gameplay, have reached Winter season and have exploited money maker from selling bread by making from flour (flour bought from Cafe Delish), that means the more money I got the more bread I can make and even more money I got from selling the breads in shipping bin.

I was wondering, man... Nobita was really busy to make thousand of breads everyday and Doraemon as the courier have to take all the thousand of breads from shipping bin to be delivered to Mayor Ryam and couldn't imagine the complaint from Mayor Ryam and Doraemon to see Nobita keep making thousand of breads and who will buy and eat those thousand of breads. 😆

And making thousand of breads was easy peasy lemon squishy as it only take a minute to transform the thousand of flour sacks (bought from Cafe Delish and I was wondering if Cafet as the Cafe Delish owner has infinite stocks of his products) into thousand of breads with 2.5 stars quality.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Guess we'll be adding that example to the "game mechanics which make zero sense when you stop and think about them" list, then!

It's like when Moe goes on that fourth-wall-breaking rant about the economy of Animal Crossing.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Since I could exploit easy money from making bread in Doraemon Story of Seasons, I was thinking Nobita have a new job as baker and he could produce thousand of breads from unlimited supply of flour from Cafe Delish (Dang, where was the infinite flour come from ? From photocopy machine ?) 😆

And I was wondering who is gonna eat those thousand of breads from Nobita when there are only 25 villagers in the game ? 🤣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Kidfried

I'm still playing Nier Replicant. I actually love the game.

The game has all the elements I like so much about Zelda games. You explore a world, fight monsters, solve puzzles, but all of it carries a certain lightness.

The experience made me realize that big open worlds never were what I loved about Zelda's, and neither were all the items that give you special abilities.

I love this game.

Kidfried

ippikitako

@Kidfried Thanks for the reminder. I've been wanting to buy it and put it in the backlog for a while now.

Finally got the Legendary Climber trophy in Catherine: Full Body. Spent hours failing in single mode, grabbed a second controller and did it in three tries in dual player mode... ******* ****
All that's left for that platinum now is gold on all stages.

Edited on by ippikitako

PSN: ippikitako | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Kidfried I’m another one who needs to get around to Nier Replicant. I think subconsciously I’m worried it just won’t live up to Automata. Nevertheless, even if it’s only half as good as Automata, that’s still a pretty darn good game! 😄

I don’t have any Zelda experience, so can’t relate to your comparison, but I’m glad to see it’s resonating well with you. And it’s interesting to hear you say it has a “lightness” about it, because the post-apocalyptic world of NA is quite dreary and the story is really tragic and melancholy.
Does Replicant have as much by way of philosophy, symbolism, and social commentary like Automata?

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Anti-Matter

Doraemon: Story of Seasons.
I keep exploiting easy money from making thousand of breads to become Next Top Baker, not Next Top Farmer. 😆
Thousand breads, thousand breads, who want to eat thousand breads ?

colonelkilgore

Well after getting destroyed more times than I’d like to admit today… I finally beat the ****! I knew that getting my technique back in to a decent enough place to be able to beat Genichiro on ng+ after over 3 years off was gonna be the make-or-break in regards to whether I can pop this Sekiro platinum. Well it should be all plain sailing from here I reckon 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

Whatever became of that fearsome ne’er-do-well?

Anti-Matter

Doraemon: Story of Seasons.
I have successfully ordered greenhouse from carpentery after collecting 12 Diamonds, 36 Gold ores and have tons of money to buy the wood logs for building material.
It will take 7 days in game to finish, then I can plant any crops from any season inside with seasons can, but only one season that you can choose.

Kidfried

@ippikitako Shout out to Catherine, an amazing game. Though I never felt enticed to revisitto the game for its trophies. Getting all the endings and trophies seemed like a lot of work - and perhaps difficult too. How is the experience for you?

@Th3solution I have not played Automata, so I can't compare the two directly.

So far I think it's very different from what I've heard people, like you, praise Automata for. I wouldn't say Replicant tries to be social commentary too much. The game's focused mostly on its main characters, with some sprinkles of existentialism and reflection on the games medium itself.

I wouldn't call the game happy, or even light, because of some of the story's themes. However, in between all of the moodiness the game the game retains a certain lightness that's hard to explain. It's a combination of simplicity in design, some funny moments, some old school video game tropes, and the game's brilliant music.

It's different from The Last of Us, where I might be dreading my next gaming sessions, fearful of whatever terrible thing might happen next. In this game I'll just choose to go on a dumb fetch quest or tend my garden, whenever I don't feel like facing the gaming world's darker side.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Sounds great. Some of what you describe can apply to Automata (existentialist themes, wonderful music) but it sounds like Replicant has maybe a little more light-heartedness. Or perhaps it’s dependent on my mood at the time.

I forgot that you hadn’t played Automata (yet). Given your positive response so far, methinks you’ll probably want to after finishing Replicant. If you think of it, let me know how it ends up. The [true] ending was probably my favorite part of Automata.

————————

tomassi

I am playing it on a PS5, but I'm still going with Red Dead Redemption 2. Had it since release and have gone through phases with it over that time so have only just got (I would guess) around halfway through Chapter 6. I can see what's coming so I'm starting to get sad.

For me it's the best game ever made. I love everything about it.

tomassi

ippikitako

@Kidfried The different endings aren’t really the problem, other than having to restart from day 4 or 5 a couple times. The Rapunzel game was the hardest for me. Difficult and long… Still have to score gold on a lot of the stages, which wasn’t necessary for the Catherine (PS3) platinum, but that’s just memorizing the route and timing.
It’s not an easy platinum, but definitely a great game; a special one.

PSN: ippikitako | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Th3solution I kept off playing Automata, because I had never played the first game. So yeah, I'm planning on playing it. Though maybe not immediately. I also really want to play TLOU2 after this.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Both are masterpieces in their own way. So I’ll be curious what you think of TLoU2 also.

Speaking of, I’m warming up to try Witcher 3 again when the PS5 update drops. Hopefully it clicks with me this time. I know you’re a huge fan of the game. Do you have plans to replay it?

————————

Kidfried

@Th3solution I am constantly thinking of The Witcher 3. On an almost daily basis. I'm looking forward to the new show, I'm thinking about some of the game's quests, some of the gameplay I didn't try yet, and I'm thinking about Geralt and Yennefer.

It doesn't help that my partner is into The Witcher a lot too.

I don't think The Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time per se, but the world and the lore to me is unrivaled. When I was about 13 or something, I played Morrowind. And it was the first time I felt a fantasy world truly came alive. The year 2011 saw the release of Skyrim, and I think it was the first game after Morrowind that created that feeling of a fantasy world coming alive.

And the only game that has ever surpassed that in my opinion is The Witcher 3, through strong characters, plot, meaningful quests and lore. That's where I'm at with The Witcher 3 game. Its gameplay and controls could be way worse, and I'd still sing praises of this game.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I wouldn't pick up to play a good GAME. It's not that for me. It's escaping into this fantasy world, that feels at anytime real. So if you already played the game, don't expect replaying this game and suddenly loving the game's mechanics. But do try it again if you're up to living the greatest fantasy world ever created in a video game. That's still true today.

Will I replay it? I thought about it. I was thinking of doing it during my Christmas holiday. Unfortunately I just checked my calendar yesterday evening, and it turned out that every day I have some kind of family obligation unfortunately. Doesn't seem like the right time for me to dive in again.

So after The Sinking City and Nier Replicant (and possibly The Last of Us 2), I'll probably pick up an indie to tie me over into the new year. Come January, I might finally replay TW3 or... I mean... I do want to play Ragnarok too.

I wish I didn't have a PlayStation, so I finally had time to replay games!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Whilst I don't personally get The Witcher, I do totally get where you're coming from in your description of its effect on you, and loved reading your enthusiasm for it! Very well put!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic