Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,601 to 5,620 of 6,460

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution Everybodys Golf is brill mate… it seems quite shallow at first but there is a multitude of layers there the more time you sink in. So much better than I initially thought.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Added to wishlist ☑️
The $20 price tag isn’t prohibitive by any stretch, but maybe it will pop up in a sale down the road. That is, unless I ever decide to upgrade my PS+.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I've finished Chapter 2 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

So... That came outta nowhere.

I mean as soon as they said "Nameless Ripper" I immeadiately thought of "Jack the Ripper" and the most popular theory for ol' Jack was him being a doctor of some kind so Kiergaard was the only suspect in my mind. And I was completely right too.

It ends just as quickly as it's brought up. It wasn't foreshadowed at all with the doctor, there was no real mystery or any dectective work to be done either.

It's bad. REALLY bad.

It's just so out of place and clearly only there to bump off the extremely likeable Captain Barbaros to create DRAAAAAAAMA and emotional stakes.

I quite like everything else though.

Hummel's got a mystique to him that I like. I don't really like his moveset all that much so far though sadly and I don't think I'll ever drop Laxia from my party either to switch him in unless I don't have a choice.

I haven't spent too much time with Dana yet but she's interesting so far and her civilisation is interesting.

I really like the slight metroidvania-esque design with the adventure tools and I enjoy roaming the island and finding your fellow castaways and the whole help unblock/uncover new areas mechanic too.

And the combat has only gotten better and better to me. It's so goddamn fast and exhilarating!

I'd say the narrative is the weakest link at the moment. But honestly the gameplay is so enjoyable I frankly don't care and I have no doubt it'll pick up soon 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Lavalera

@HallowMoonshadow I can totally see why you didnt like that part. The first 2 chapters as you said aren't the best of the story . Chapter 3 onward it gets a lot better though, at least in my opinion. The story picks up a lot of pace there. Just like you i didn't mind the story of the first 2 chapters that much since the rest was so enjoyable. Good to see you like it overall.

PSNid: Lavalera

Bentleyma

I’m playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered. It’s really good, but I still think Drake’s Fortune is the best game in the PS3 trilogy.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

HallowMoonshadow

I beat chapter 3 of Ys VIII yesterday @Lavalera and I'm wondering now that I'm on the north side of the Island if I'll get to play some Dana sections thanks to Adol being linked to her? Either way I'll be very interested to explore this part of the island with all the primordials.

Falcom sure likes their slow burning plots though. Have you played any of the other Ys games or the Trails series?

Still not sure what Hummel's deal is at the moment. Still quite like him and interested in finding out what he's looking for.

I do like Ricotta though. She's so fast compared to Sahad and with all the stat buff potions and exp powders I hadn't used til then I did manage to boost her up significantly so she's basically on par with the others stat wise too.

Plus she has Mango maces for weapons... What's not to like?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Lavalera

HallowMoonshadow wrote:

I beat chapter 3 of Ys VIII yesterday @Lavalera and I'm wondering now that I'm on the north side of the Island if I'll get to play some Dana sections thanks to Adol being linked to her? Either way I'll be very interested to explore this part of the island with all the primordials.

Maybe, maybe not I can't answer that question without giving away spoilers so not gonna answer that.

It was my first ever falcom game tbh but I got a lot of their games in my backlog. Haven't been playing jrpgs for that long but after playing games like Yakuza like a dragon, Scarlet Nexus, the Nier series and Tales of arise last year I became a jrpg fan. So in different sales I picked up Ys 8, 9, origins and Memories of Calcetta. And trails of cold steel 1 to 4. But with trails I'm waiting until trails from zero and into reverie drop, because what I understand from a jrpg expert 1 and are perfectly fine to play without the others but 3 and 4 are heavily linked to zero and reverie. Ys 9 is currently 3rd on my list for next game to play since I like to differentiate types of games but looking forward to that. From what I heard it isn't as good as 8 but still a good game

And agreed on Ricotta. After I unlocked her Sahad went onto the bench and mostly I played with her in the party. Her skills are just so much fun.

nessisonett

Just completed a run as the Paradox in Enter the Gungeon, possibly one of the most broken runs I’ve ever done as I got Glass Cannon, Metronome and Ancient Hero’s Bandana. Anybody who’s played the game will understand why that’s ridiculously broken! Anyway, that launches you straight into an attempt to unlock Gunslinger… at which point I beat the run but forgot to pick up the Bullet from the Blacksmith. So all of that was for nothing as it just launched me into the credits instead of taking me to the past. Great.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

I’m playing Akiba’s Beat. The Push Square review was correct when it said that it’s mostly a visual novel, as you do spend a lot of your time staring at animated character portraits. It’s all voice acted in English, which I do appreciate.

Untitled

Untitled

I’m really enjoying the combat. It basically plays exactly like one of the older ‘Tales of’ games. You have basic attacks and special attacks that you can set to X and the analogue sticks.

Untitled

One thing I’m not keen on is the pinkish purple colour the developers decided to use for the menus and the HUD. It looks awful. I don’t get why they went with that colour.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Started Sniper Elite 4 this morning and really like it so far. The map on mission 1 was excellent, so I can only image how impressive they’ll get later on in the campaign… quality game!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

It's getting chilly in Hell, and pigs have been spotted queueing at Gatwick Airport.

Must be because I've started Shenmue III.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

I recently platinumed my replay of Assassin's Creed II, great game (despite it's age) and would highly recommend.

Right now I'm near the beginning of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, about to pass where I stopped playing it in the past. Everything going forward will be completely new to me.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@RogerRoger A true glutton for punishment, indeed. The only thing more shocking would be if you posted your first screenshots from your playthrough of Elden Ring. Or Madden’22.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I genuinely just considered pinching an Elden Ring screenshot from Google and embedding it for a laugh, but nobody around here is that gullible!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Haha, well - never say never, right? 😂
As far as Shenmue 3, I did very much enjoy your reviews of the previous games, and there’s a certain fulfillment that I feel like the games probably give the player too. I’ll be curious how this third one sits with you. From what I understand, it’s more of the same and so the same struggles and complaints regarding the gameplay will likely be no surprise, but I think where the fandom got salty was the lack of narrative conclusion. I might be wrong about that, but I hope for your sake that the dozens of hours you spend driving a forklift (or whatever it might be this time) will at least result in some satisfactory story and character closure. Good luck!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Wrong. I'll never, ever play Elden Ring. No. Never. Nuh-uh. Nope. [sigh] Anyway, I might as well order a copy whilst I remember that I've said this...

Thank you! You'll be pleased to know that what you've heard is largely accurate, at least in terms of the game's first couple of hours. I hated, and I mean hated, getting the ball rolling yesterday, but then I returned to it today and enjoyed a very pleasant session building up my kung fu stats and chopping wood. Somehow, the game tricked me into being totally fine with getting nowhere.

Guess it's back to wrestling with the same existential crisis that Shenmue II triggered, then!

Making It So Since 1987

Lavalera

Since I'm sweeping up stuff for my Lego star wars platinum, I decided to start the next game on my backlog list.
Fist of the north star lost paradise. Made by Ryu GA Gotaku, the studio also responsible for making the Yakuza games. It's based on a popular manga from the 80s. The story is a psot apocalyptic survival story based on mad max
The main character Kenshiro is based on Bruce Lee, his fighting style is a, what a surprise, martial arts one. Haven't played much yet but the combat feels more like Mortal Kombat and those kind of games and also a lot more blood than the Yakuza games. Pretty interesting until now

Edited on by Lavalera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic