Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,601 to 5,620 of 5,665

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Awesome, thanks! Need something that doesn’t resemble a sprawling open world.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Go Flames Go!!!

sorteddan

@Jimmer-jammer
I would go with Nex Machina. It's very arcadey -assisted in development by Eugene Jarvis, the guy behind Robotron- one of the best coin-op games ever, doesn't require much thought- just keep moving, keep shooting dodging and try not to die. It's awesome!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Anti-Matter

Still playing Epic Chef

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

Jimmer-jammer

@sorteddan thanks! I already started Transistor but I might just move right into Nex Machina after. I don’t think they’re long games.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Go Flames Go!!!

Anti-Matter

Dodgeball Academia
Untitled

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

sorteddan

@Jimmer-jammer
It's not really a game you play from start to completion, it really is more of an arcade experience. You can complete it in around an hour or two (if you are capable/lucky enough) but if you are playing for all trophies then you're gonna have to 1cc on the harder difficulty levels - I never have gotten around to that, probably beyond my skill level!
Anyhow it's something you could easily play inbetween or alongside other stuff, not necessarily one to focus extended gametime sessions on - in my opinion.

Also, how are you finding Transistor? It's another one of my backlog 'definitely gonna get around to' games that I never seem to get around to... Does it hook you in straight away?

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@KidBoruto
Good work on your LEGO achievement! I know they're not especially difficult but do require the time and commitment to clean up everything for 100% (think that was my first platinum back in the PS3 days!)

colonelkilgore

Made a start of Wolfenstein: Youngblood and am quite enjoying it. I’m aware it received a fair bit of hate at release but it’s my first Wolfenstein game (well since the old 90’s PC original) so I haven’t got any expectations form the previous games… and it plays real solid.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I thought it was good but New Order, Old Blood and The New Colossus were all better (Machine Games is what I'm going to miss on PlayStation after the Bethesda acquisition)

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan good to know… I will get around to all of them over time, as I picked up the whole Alt History Collection a while back. Always been much more of a 3rd Person gamer than 1st but it plays real nice to be sure.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer I’ll also be curious how you get along with Transistor. I found it okay, but some things about it didn’t quite click for me.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

KidBoruto

sorteddan wrote:

@KidBoruto Good work on your LEGO achievement! I know they're not especially difficult but do require the time and commitment to clean up everything for 100% (think that was my first platinum back in the PS3 days!

Oh definitely lol! I know I've prob sunk in at least 30 hours, if not more.

Glad to put it behind me and return to a more normal action game.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: Kid Boruto (Ryan)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto89

PSN: KidBoruto89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Nicely done on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, glad you were finally able to snag its platinum!

@nessisonett I've got to ask, given your recent Arkham Knight efforts, did "Catwoman's Revenge" give you any trouble? I was lazily playing through the Arkham Episodes earlier and, compared to the others, that one is suddenly extremely challenging (to the point where I gave up on it, because I don't even like Catwoman anyway, although I do love the Riddler robots). I checked my old save and can see that I completed it at launch, but... well, I guess I must've been real good at games four years ago!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger That was probably the hardest bit of content in the entire Arkham series and I’m fairly rubbish at the predator sections as well. The combat has never been massively hard but that was brutal, I had to make use of every single little thing Catwoman has at her disposal. Surprised I even cleared it!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

jdv95

Gonna start kiwami 2.

I just miss the characters to much to wait any longer lol.

jdv95

Anti-Matter

Horse Club Adventutes
Untitled

Some girlie girlie things after playing Dodgeball Academia and Epic Chef. ☺

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Jimmer-jammer

@sorteddan @Th3solution Hey sorry guys, had a really busy couple of days there.

I’m thinking I’m going to play Nex Machina alongside my next game, Ghostwire Tokyo. I sure do like the theme song that plays when hovering over the icon on the PS5’s menu!

So I’m a couple of hours into Tansistor and I’m not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. It has a nice art style and soundtrack. The story is starting to come together a bit. The menu took more effort for me to wrap my head around than I would have liked but that’s probably just me! Gameplay is straightforward and has a neat blend of real time and kind-of turned based combat. I don’t know, so far there seems to be no reason to not just hide behind cover until you recharge enough to enter the turn based mode, rinse and repeat. I’m still early though, so I guess where I’m at is, lots to like but I’m still waiting for everything to come together into a cohesive whole.

Go Flames Go!!!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Oh, so it's not just me, then. Thanks for the confirmation! And yeah, the preceding predator section took me forever, and I still barely finished it with 1% health remaining. Urgh.

I think I've replayed everything I wanna play in Arkham Knight for the moment, although I might return to my save and tidy a few things up if I'm in the need for a brief, simple distraction. I didn't do Batgirl's DLC because I remember it really well (it's my favourite of all the extra content) and I'm a handful of roadblocks away from being able to trigger the Knightfall Protocol.

But with 456 new screenshots under my utility belt, I reckon it's time I got back to Tomb Raider.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic