Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,581 to 5,600 of 6,461

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Oh man, the sequel is much better, imho. I liked the first one too, but the number of new characters and the expanded, more polished presentation really put Injustice 2 over the top for me. The story in these is a bit weird and feels thrown together, but it’s serviceable. I hope you enjoy them!

It does bring up a point I was actually thinking about the other day — I wonder if the Vita could have been saved if they did the cross-buy more consistently. It was only a few select games that gave you both the Vita version and the PS3 version for one price, many of the big titles you had to choose which one to buy. The current trend of PS4/PS5 versions being all under one purchase has become so ingrained in my head that I look back now and see all these games that I only have either the Vita version or only the PS3/PS4 version and I think it’s annoying.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, booting the first one back up earlier, it's very clearly a polished PS3 game. I'm glad to have chosen my moment to revisit it, and that my enthusiasm for DC super heroes is carrying me through what is otherwise a very flimsy, almost comical (rather than comic-esque) story. My memories of the sequel are so vague, they're practically non-existent, so I'm looking forward to it, thanks!

And that's a good point about the Vita. Definitely one of the contributing factors to its downfall and really would've helped if implemented more consistently although, in answer to your comparison with PS4/PS5 equivalents, I'd argue that Vita cross-buy was less about bridging a generational upgrade and more about giving players portability and flexibility if they invested in the wider Sony ecosystem, which is a slightly different thing to analyse. But you're right, whatever pushing more cross-buy would've cost Sony back in the day, they likely would've made their money back in increased interest, I'm sure.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Good point about Vita portability, and I think your analysis would explain the success of the Switch.

I can only remember one game I played on Vita and PS3 simultaneously using the cross-save function to progress one playthrough and that was Borderlands 2. It was really great, in my experience, and I really enjoyed and spent about half my big playthrough on the handheld. The Vita port was much maligned for its many technical shortcomings, but it worked and was quite convenient for me. I did have to buy both versions separately though.

As far as Injustice 2, do you have the complete edition with the expanded roster? I forget which characters were added through DLC, but I think there were some good ones. I was a big fan of Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Starfire, and the TMNT

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution You're braver than I am, as I never used cross-save on anything, despite having a couple of games which might've supported it. I'm glad to hear it worked well for you, though. I'm also aware of the technical complaints about Borderlands 2 on the Vita, so it's interesting to hear that the port was playable, and that claims to the contrary might've been somewhat overblown.

So I did pre-order a fancy edition of Injustice 2 back in the day (it's in a steelbook an' everything) but because the DLC characters were staggered across multiple season passes, and because I fell off the game shortly after launch, it seems I only got the first four folks, as well as Darkseid. When I was installing the game on my PS5 the other day, I was downloading whoever was available to me (one of them was Red Hood...?) and saw that the Turtles were listed, but also saw that they'd cost me £7.99 to unlock, so I'm guessing my fancy edition's season pass didn't cover everything.

Once I get underway, I'll see how things go. I might consider expanding my roster if I'm having fun.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

bluedex

@TheNomadLad enjoying it so far, although I'm not that far in. Only playing it in short bursts but it's ok for that so far. I don't really have the time for hours long sessions at the moment.

bluedex

Bentleyma

I’ve finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole and am now playing through Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered. I haven’t decided If I’m going to play the other two games straight after I finish it, or move onto something else.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

Overcooked All You Can Eat

Horse Club Adventures

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

I'm just starting up Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and already I feel like it's a good fit with the sea voyage opening and mysterious tropical island the opening cutscene teases to go with the weather we're currently experiencing here in the UK.

The character models look fairly nice too compared to Cold Steel 1 & 2 (which admittedly were just PS3 ports). Still looks like a PS2 game though overall (Well it was made for Vita too).

The music is also very good despite only hearing only 3 or so tracks so far.

Such a different atmosphere and a breath of fresh air after the rather oppressive and gloomy SMT 3 Nocturne

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Lavalera

@HallowMoonshadow I just finished it last week and absolutely loved it. The combat and the music are the strongest points of the game imo. As you said it looks oldish but that didn't bother me at all. The story starts out kinda slowish but picks up later on.

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

PSNid: Lavalera

Anti-Matter

I continued my progress of Dodgeball Academia PS4 to level up all my team until level 50 (MAX) by playing catching dodgeball mini game with reward $ 15.00 on level 3 then I bought some juices with price $ 30.00 to instant level up by 1 level, though I have to look what are the kids favorite grubs.

I continued my progress of Horse Club Adventures PS4 after playing Dodgeball Academia. I have reached the episode where the girls will investigate the sign of project on the land near of Mr O'Neill farm. Playing riding horse game like that was such a peaceful thing, no violences involved, just enjoy the beauty of landscapes. 😊

Anti-Matter

Bentleyma

Finished Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered and decided not to move onto the second game. Instead I decided to play Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. It takes a little while to get going, but I like that the main town improves as you progress through the game. I really like the look of the game too.

Untitled

It looks very similar to Octopath Traveller and Triangle Strategy on Switch.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

I’ve finished the 4 main pasts in Enter The Gungeon on PS4 now, bringing me up to where I was on Steam. I also completed a rainbow run and won on turbo mode. Next on the agenda is unlocking the secret gungeoneers, completing a blessed run and challenge run and beating Bullet Hell.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

Nice work @nessisonett
I absolutely adored that game.
As for secret characters, quite liked the robot, quite disliked the bullet.
And yeah blessed runs, had forgotten all about them... Good luck!

Edit: And as someone who (I think) had played both, how do you rate it compared to Binding of Isaac?

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah it was your post actually that reminded me that I have it in the backlog @Lavalera thanks to a recommendation from @Ralizah (whom will no doubt be pleased I'm finally starting it and enjoying it).

It's actually a lot prettier then I gave it credit for in that first post. The graphics are still dated mind (Not that it bothers me as I just came off Nocturne which IS a PS2 game ported to PS4) but it looks good with what it does and the island has a very nice aesthetic to it.

I wasn't initally sold on the combat with the Kraken "boss" fight in the prologue but that quickly turned around upon actually reaching the Isle of Seiren with how quick and snappy it is. I like the whole Rock, Paper, Scissors element combat has to it with Adol, Laxia and Sahad.

Had to completely change the control scheme though (Very nice it allows full button re-mapping though!).

And yeah the music is great. Even better now that I've heard a few more tracks. Definitely fits the adventure vibe.

Just got up to chapter 2 and rescued the seamstress. Allison I think her name is?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

Been playing it off and on for almost a year now but got a real wriggle on of late due to the announcement that the servers will be closing in September… but just wanted to say that Everybody’s Golf is an absolute joy. I used to play a lot of Tiger Woods back in the day and was initially a bit put off by the old school power gauge on this rather than the analogue stick swing that I was used to. The more I played it the more I liked it though… best golf game I’ve played.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@sorteddan That’s a real hard one! Both are absolutely superb but I’d probably give the edge to Isaac based solely on content and replayability. Gungeon definitely has advantages in terms of clearer synergy UI and the interesting story additions though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

Just installed Sniper Elite 4. I’ve never played any of the series before but all the buzz around 5 has grabbed my attention. If anyone out there wouldn’t mind helping me boost the few online trophies I’d be much obliged.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Is this [gasp!] a deviation from your schedule?! Don’t tell me you’re being spontaneous! 😜

Just yankin’ your chain, boss. 😄 But yeah, I’ve been more curious of the Sniper Elite games the last couple weeks too, with all the hullabaloo about it. I think I have one in my library through PS+, maybe it’s also SE4. I considered playing it until I saw the review for SE5 compared it to Hitman, which gave me pause. Not that I didn’t enjoy some of my time with Hitman, but it didn’t quite resonate with me as much it does with others. I think I’m just not very good at that kind of gameplay.

Edited on by Th3solution

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution lol… ‘… those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.’ - George Bernard Shaw

From reading a number of your reviews, I know that your quite partial to a quote… so I thought you might appreciate that 😉.

In all seriousness though, yeah my schedule is in a constant state of curation… normally when I find an older game that I like the look of that requires online trophies for the platinum. This year alone I’ve slotted in Everybodys Golf, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, so Sniper Elite 4 will serendipitously be the fourth of the year.

I’ll be sure to let you know what I think of it once I’ve started it, as you seem at least slightly interested 👍.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Haha, nice! I do indeed love a good quote.

I believe I saw Everybody’s Golf is going to be on PS+ Extra, and it’s one of those games that I wouldn’t mind trying but don’t want to float the money to buy. If I ever upgrade my sub then it’s one of the games that I might try out.

I wonder if inclusion of some of these older games in the new service will affect the online servers. Sony has put themselves into a position where they need to keep the older game servers up and running if they hope to resurrect interest in the older games. They typically like to shut down online support early.

But yes, interested to see if Sniper Elite hits for you. I’ve always liked using sniper rifles in other games where it’s more of a casual option in the arsenal. I’m not sure if a whole game of it will be as fun though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic