Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,561 to 5,580 of 6,464

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @KidBoruto I thought the first Assassin's Creed game was a dull experience even at the time and would probably need more than a remaster to fix those problems. The second game was a massive improvement all round.

Good luck collecting all those damn feathers!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KilloWertz

@KidBoruto @nessisonett They remastered it for the Xbox One X. It looks great for a game as old as it is, but sadly they never brought it over to the PS4 Pro since you can't play it on there.

I agree that it hasn't aged well at all. I was really looking forward to finally playing it a few years ago since I'm very late to becoming a fan (I've played the last 4 AC games starting with Syndicate), but couldn't get through it. Clunky controls and you get noticed way too often.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

TheNomadLad

@bluedex I just finished RE 7 like 3 night ago , i did enjoy the game more as it got closer to the end tbh, but over all it was a good game , hope you enjoy it too.

TheNomadLad

Twitter:

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution I was hoping to hear that the combat becomes a little more interesting. I could see how Transistor would grate overtime. It’s not bothering me yet but we’ll see how it goes!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

So Transistor is really growing on me. Especially now that I realized all of the functions can be swapped around in both active slots and upgrade slots 😂 I’m slow sometimes

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

TheNomadLad

i've been jumping in and out of Borderlands 3 for a while now, stuck on some boss in Remnant: from the ashes (as i play solo and the dude duplicates himself like a dozen times), been meaning to play the 2 epilogue chapters in RDR2 but haven't got to that yet, thinking about starting The Witcher 3 : Blood and Wine DLC since i finished Hearts of Stone like a month ago and i'm already missing the witcher, AC Valhalla, and also some DBD and Apex.

Edited on by TheNomadLad

TheNomadLad

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Jimmer-jammer Transistor is really good, the combat is so much fun. I can't really remember the intricacies of it since I played it.. 8 years ago (damn). I platinumed it, which I always point out whenever I can because I have only ever platinumed about 3 games, but it does show how much I enjoyed it. Trouble is, I have never felt the need to go back as there is nothing at all left to do. Maybe one day!

I am not big at all on Bastion and Hades, in fact I don't really like either of them. Not tried Pyre.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Interesting perspective, since I was lukewarm on Transistor, maybe I’ll like Hades. I’ve wondered how much carryover there is with the Supergiant games. It seems like most people who like one, like them all. And I’ve only ever tried Transistor.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@kyleforrester87 @colonelkilgore I haven’t tried Bastion or Pyre yet but I’ve enjoyed Hades. I can see the Supergiant DNA between the two. I might give Bastion a go at some point. I’ve found Transistor to have a slow start but it’s really pulling me in now!

KidRyan

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

nessisonett wrote:

@KidBoruto Trust me, after going back and playing AC1, it has not aged well at all! I think a remaster would probably do it a disservice, it was really impressive at the time but just hasn’t held up.

@nessisonett @KidBoruto I thought the first Assassin's Creed game was a dull experience even at the time and would probably need more than a remaster to fix those problems. The second game was a massive improvement all round.

Good luck collecting all those damn feathers!

I do agree, AC1 would need a full from the ground-up remake at this point.

Thankfully I have been purposely avoiding the feathers during the story, will just follow a YouTube video to collect them all after beating the story.

KilloWertz wrote:

@KidBoruto @nessisonett They remastered it for the Xbox One X. It looks great for a game as old as it is, but sadly they never brought it over to the PS4 Pro since you can't play it on there.

I agree that it hasn't aged well at all. I was really looking forward to finally playing it a few years ago since I'm very late to becoming a fan (I've played the last 4 AC games starting with Syndicate), but couldn't get through it. Clunky controls and you get noticed way too often.

That's not a remaster, they just patched up the original Xbox 360 version to be playable on XB1 and Series X/S.

It's not playable on PS4 because PS4 consoles aren't backwards compatible with PS3 games.

I do agree the game hasn't aged very well at all though, it would benefit alot from a legit next-gen remake.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KilloWertz

@KidBoruto At the very least it might as well be called a remaster since it looks vastly superior on the Xbox One X then it did back on the Xbox 360, and it's not simply just the fact that the console was much more powerful.

I'm aware of that, which is why I said it wasn't on the PS4 Pro since you can't play it on the PS4.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I played Bastion last year… and while I ended up quite enjoying it, it was nowhere near as good as Transistor (at least for me). Just a heads up that it only really gets interesting during the endgame of playthrough 2… and only then if you’re chasing the platinum. Apart from that it’s pretty mundane.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

I’m currently working through my backlog, one game at a time! I’m playing South Park: The Fractured But Whole at the moment.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer Yeah I thought Transistor was awesome too, with all the elements coming together really well which felt like a rather unique experience at the time.

I seem to remember the combat not clicking with me initially either until I got my head round it.

I only played Bastion for a bit, but didn't really gel with me. Yet to play Hades, but will eventually.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I’ll keep that in mind, thanks! Bastion looks interesting from the surface but I doubt I’ll be platinum hunting on it so I may be better off skipping it.

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, it’s taken a bit to click for me. I initially thought that the first four functions you get are your ‘main’ ones and everything after was just an upgrade. It wasn’t until I overloaded and lost a function that I realized you can swap them all around! Hades is quite enjoyable, especially from a writing perspective. It’s really quite well written and uses it’s roguelike structure to its full benefit.

Thrillho

@Bentleyma I really enjoyed the second South Park game as I thought the combat mechanics were so much better than the first game and preferred the Superhero characters to the Fantasy ones. The only thing was that most of the references in the second game were to series after I'd stopped watching whereas I knew most of them from Stick of Truth.

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I’m the opposite, I prefer the combat and fantasy setting from The Stick of Truth. I am enjoying The Fractured But Whole a lot though. I’ve also not watched the later seasons of the TV show, so I’m sure a lot of the references will go over my head.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KidRyan

I'm still replaying Assassin's Creed II very slowly, not getting very far because I'm also binge watching the original Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers cartoon.

@Thrillho @Bentleyma I've seen every single South Park episode, special, and movie! Big fan.

Just need to replay Stick of Truth on PS4, and then I can jump straight into Fractured But Whole.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

I still feel the need to scratch a bat-itch, so I've decided to replay the Injustice games. Was gonna get the first one on PS Vita, but it's prohibitively expensive, even moreso when I've already got its PS4 remaster. It's also the one I'm most familiar with, whereas I dropped the sequel mere days after launch.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic