Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,321 to 5,340 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan I appreciate the warning! Especially since I only got this PS4 version because I remembered never being able to get beyond its first couple of screens, back when we had the original on our family MegaDrive in the 90s (in my defence, I was still in single digits at the time). I surprised myself by clearing the first area earlier in short order, although I admit that I would've died a couple of times had it not been for the remaster's instant rewind feature. I think that's gonna make it infinitely more completable but yeah, don't worry, I'm not shy about reaching for Google whenever I hit brick walls! Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman congrats! You’re both definitely right about different people struggling with different bosses. I’ll have more to discuss on Bitch’s brew in the music thread when I’ve compiled some more thoughts and spent some more quality time with it. There is a LOT there. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much! I should add, I appreciate your patience with me on these reply’s.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Anti-Matter

Something peaceful and relaxing from Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles.

Anti-Matter

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer It's no problem, feel free to take your time and compile your thoughts once you've spent some more quality time with the record. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you have to say on the album.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

KilloWertz

The Wolf Among Us

Never did play this when it came out nearly 10 years ago, but with the sequel being announced and this being on sale right now for only $3.74, I figured this would be a good choice for something different to squeeze in before Horizon Forbidden West comes out on Friday.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz The Wolf Among Us is definitely one of my favourite Telltale games. It just oozes with creativity in terms of unique characters since it's all based on fables. Having so many recognisable characters and a thrilling story-line kept me interested from beginning to end. Hope you'll enjoy it!

LtSarge

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Probably my favorite Telltale game (which is a little bit like saying ‘the tallest dwarf’) but it’s a pretty clever setting and storyline. I liked it enough when I played it to look into the graphic novel series that it’s based on. I believe it’s called Fables if you end up liking the game and are into comics and graphic novels. I read through some of the series at the bookstore but never bought it, just didn’t have the money at the time.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@LtSarge This is my first Telltale game, as I am one of the few people that still has yet to play The Walking Dead or Tales from the Borderlands games. I really like similar games like the Life is Strange series and Heavy Rain, so I should really enjoy this game too. I think I'm near the end of Episode 1 and I've enjoyed it so far.

@Th3solution Like I said to Sarge, this is my first Telltale game. Blasphemy, I know.

Yeah, it's a prequel to the Fables series the game is based on. I'm enjoying it so far, and I have to agree about the characters and setting. It reminds me of the TV show Once Upon a Time a bit, but still, for a video game it's pretty unique. I've enjoyed it so far.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @KilloWertz I've got a fair few volumes of Fables and can recommend them if that is your thing.

The Wolf Among Us is ace, really enjoyed it and can't wait for the sequel next year. It is defo one of my fave Telltale games, along with Tales from the Borderlands and season 1 of The Walking Dead.

Not sure why some people knock them down so much, it was only towards the end we started too see the quality lessen.

The engine was never all that though, so glad to hear they are using Unreal Engine 4 for The Wolf Among Us season 2.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I really loved The Wolf Among Us as well. It was probably one of best looking Telltale games as well but I can never think about the game without remembering this bug someone encountered…

Untitled

Thrillho

sorteddan

Me and a friend were looking for something we could online co-op together and settled in Remnant From the Ashes as we both had it from PS+. Around 10 hours in and have now reached the 3rd (?) planet - Corsus. It's a pretty good game and fun to play with a friend, kind of if Fallout was a Soulslike. Plenty of exploring, panicking, having to revive my mate and liberal use of dodge rolls on boss encounters. Not sure if I will be so motivated to go for the plat but hopefully we'll be able to complete it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KilloWertz

@Thrillho Lmao, how the hell did that bug ever possibly happen? Why did they ever animate Bigby dancing?

As for the graphics, that's the beauty of an art style like this. No matter how much time goes by, it can still look really good.

nessisonett

Got to love my mum’s seething irritation at Ezio instantly being stripped of all his abilities 10 minutes into AC Brotherhood. Especially as that included the sexy armour she spent far too long getting the collectibles to unlock in AC2 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Ouch! Yeah, welcome to the unfortunate realities of sequel design, alas! Can the special armour be retrieved? Perhaps by, say, collecting everything in the game again?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger There’s a different armour to be unlocked this time! Not as nice looking unfortunately 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Somehow that sounds like it's a relief and a disappointment.

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Started playing Far Cry 4 today. Managed to finish the prologue and the game has definitely captured my interest. Pagan Min is honestly a more interesting villain than Vaas and the opening section has convinced me of that. He definitely has some Joker vibes going on, both in terms of looks and personality. I'm just impressed how Ubisoft keeps nailing the villains in the Far Cry games from here on out. They're just so well-designed and I can't wait to meet the ones from FC5 and FC6 as well.

The gameplay is not much different, which is good because FC3 pretty much perfected it. I'm more interested in exploring this new world and experiencing the storyline. Can't wait to play more!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Barryburton97

My go to game lately has been Snowrunner, tiding me over until HFW. Have never played this type of simulator game before, but really enjoy it to unwind, it's so relaxing. Took about 75 hours to 100% the first region, Michigan.

Barryburton97

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic