Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 6,460

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Good work. Do you understand mahjong or was it just playing lots of it to get the points? (or somewhere between the two?)

Good luck with legendary play through too. I can imagine different games being more/less tricky at that difficulty as some games have much harder bosses than others. YK1 is the only game to have the stupid mechanic of bosses recovering health though.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho I’d say somewhere in-between (maybe slightly skewed towards understanding)… quite often a game will play out as I’m expecting as I build my hand… but there are occasions where I have no idea why it won’t allow me to call riichi.

These Climax Battles are a lot more difficult than I was expecting. I guess I got so used to the skills that I unlocked in the main game that when they’re stripped away it’s tough to go back. Good to know about this one being the only game with the Boss health recover mechanic too… it is annoying.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

That’s the Yakuza Kiwami Climax Battles complete… wow I found them tough eh, I hope a fully skilled and upgraded Kiryu won’t have half as difficult a time running through Legendary!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I don't think I every bothered much with climax battles myself as they sort of felt like something you'd only really end up doing as another hoop towards the platinum.

And the health recovery thing always seemed particularly odd as so much of the time you didn't even have the ability to counter it any way. The ridiculous health bars for some of the bosses just made things more of a chore than they needed to be most of the time, rather than making the fight more fun.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho the health recovery thing wasn’t ‘too’ annoying for me as I spent a good half hour going through the skill trees early game, so after the first boss that recovered health I put every skill point into the path towards the various ‘Essence’ skills that allow you to interrupt it. Still, while I got the Brawler, Beast and Rush interrupts relatively early… it was an absolute age before I unlocked the Dragon one.

Managed to make good progress through my Legendary run, started it around 2:30pm and just logged off on Chapter 9.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Well the car chase in Chapter 9 of Yakuza Kiwami on Legendary difficulty is an absolute delight 😤

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@colonelkilgore Haha, that car chase is brilliant, haha. You're rushing through these games so fast in comparison to me. But maybe that's just because I spent about 90% of my Yakuza time achieving absolutely nothing, except high scores on the arcade machines.

Kidfried

Kidfried

All your talk has made me excited to pick up Yakuza 3 again or... maybe even Like A Dragon. I don't really like skipping things, but it's just hard going back to Yakuza 3 after the Kiwami games.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried after around 6 attempts (and as it’s on Legendary, you can’t just continue… you have to go through the whole level and boss fight etc just to get to the car chase) I’ve called it a day and started Assassins Creed 2. I will return to it and keep trying but I’m done for today!

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@jdv95 Kiwami 1, 2 and Zero are just clearly more modern PS4-ish games, whereas Yakuza 3 is a PS3 game with a PS2 era vibe. It's very enjoyable still, but it's just weird playing a sequel that is a step back from its predecessor, content wise and also graphically speaking.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I left Kena to return to the franchise. How is your current game or how are your current games going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@jdv95 Y3-5 were pretty much just ports of the old games so they look a bit rough but were serviceable enough when I played through them (although going to them now I'm used to 60fps PS5 game might have been even tougher!).

The Kiwami games were more remasters putting the games into the engine used for Zero so they looked and felt much smoother. There were also a few changes in the first game to link in events of Zero for those of us who played it first.

I was pretty pleased to see 3-5 come to PS4 though as I hadn't long completed YK2 and was wondering if I'd have to dig out my PS3 and find the games on eBay or something.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman not bad dude, have hit a couple of walls on Rise of the Tomb Raider & Yakuza Kiwami though… think I’m 3 trophies off the platinum on the former and 1 off the latter but I just feel a bit burned out. Just started Assassins Creed 2.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore It’ll be interesting to see how you take to Assassin’s Creed 2. My mum’s been loving it despite the admittedly dated controls resulting in a lot of death by falling from great heights!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I’ve quite enjoyed it for the most part. Like the setting and Ezio etc… but the combat is so bad no the parkour is noticeably worse than the later instalments that I’ve played also. I get it though, it’s understandable what with how old it is 🤷‍♂️

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore The combat’s serviceable in my opinion but absolutely nothing special! The parkour just likes to throw you off buildings occasionally. The setting and characters really elevate it for me, it’s still one of my favourites even though I’ve played every game in the series now.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Hmm yeah I did wonder how Assassin's Creed 2 would be like to play in this day and age, especially if you've played the more recent games previously.

Just don't bother with those damn feathers!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore Oh goodness, yes, I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before and even I know not to bother with the damn feathers!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic