Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 6,458

colonelkilgore

Must be pretty close to finishing 13 Sentinels… now and I’m still a little confused about how I feel about it. On the one hand the narrative is brilliant and the ‘tower-defence’-ish sections are fun… but on the other hand I can’t help but think that ‘maybe’ I would’ve enjoyed putting my time into something else in the backlog 🤷‍♂️.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore If nothing else, it serves for a good palate cleanser between more traditional games…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I think so… and maybe by the time I’ve rolled the credits I’ll think much more of it too. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone who has played it complain about the ending, so what with it being primarily a narrative experience… I’d imagine that it must be a pretty good conclusion.

Well, I should wrap it up sometime today so maybe my feelings will be a bit clearer then.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore It's early days for me but I'm still playing through Kena, I'm on the path to the first real boss, which ,according to a reddit user is the the third hardest boss in the game, sol, when I said I had beaten the first boss in the game, well, that turned out to only be the tutorial boss! 😂 I am just getting to grips with the mechanics of the game and exploring the world, everything is very cutesy besides the enemies, the puzzles aren't very hard but are still enjoyable, and the game has a certain charm, which I believe was also expressed in a review on this website.

How are you three's games going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey there chap, yep one of the earlier bosses in Kena I found one, if not three toughest in the game.

I'm currently playing Spider-man Miles Morales and am having a jolly good time web swinging around New York.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryoku Yeah the trophies have been pretty straightforward so far. Will have to see how I feel when I finish the game about the platinum, as I generally don't do NG+ runs.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I made slow but gradual progress in mg limited time with Rime and am in Chapter 3. It’s a nice diversion and I have mixed feelings but overall I like the artistic vibe it has. Some of the puzzles are actually pretty cryptic and the exploration is slightly tedious at times. It’s not ruined it for me yet and I should still finish it but I can’t say when.

Good to hear Kena is coming along though. Hopefully the boss fights isn’t too difficult.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I keep hearing about the challenge. I’m currently weighing up whether I start it next or not… it’s low down on the list of around 5 games but all this chatter is definitely giving me pause for thought.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I'm just before that boss fight now after taking out a few more basic enemies. Glad to hear you like the artistic vibe of Rime and it's detracting factors haven't spoiled it for you. What is it that you like about the game art then? Does it have a particular quality you could describe? Looking forward to reading your impressions of Demon's Souls, presumably in the new year.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Yeah it's a great game thus far, but it's still early days so who knows what will happen next. What else do you have lined up to play next? It's their debut so maybe a game from a more seasoned studio would be more up your alley, if you're not looking for a game that is only "almost perfect" right now - see PushSquare review (that isn't a quote, I'm just paraphrasing).

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman nah I do like the look of it but my backlog is a cruel mistress 😅.

I just started … Miles Morales as I wanted to get in my festive ‘feels’… but apart from that I dipped into Resogun the other day and loved it, so I wanna get back to that. I’ve also been juggling Everybody’s Golf and a bit of Borderlands 2 co-op with @MC_Noisy.

Apart from that I’m probably gonna playthrough Rise of the Tomb Raider and/or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in the new year.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Started playing Shadow of the Colossus a few days ago. I've already technically beaten it, since a run only takes 6 hours or so, but I'd like the platinum trophy, so I started Hard New Game + and am working on the hard mode time attack trials atm.

A couple of them have been really annoying so far, but they're doable. After that, I'll need to do Normal New Game + time trials, and then clean up various trophies.

I'll need to do at least one more full run through the game to get the speed run trophy, which will hopefully be a simple matter after unlocking the time trial weapons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah I’ll be interested to quiz you on all this when I get around to giving SotC another go… sounds like the plat involves quite a bit eh 😥

**** DLC!

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore Yep. Unless you optimize the hell out of your playthroughs, it'll effectively be playing through the game 4 - 5 times in order to get all the trophies.

Usually I snub platinums like that, but this is short, and gameplay segments are segregated enough that I'll easily be able to fit play sessions in between other games.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah totally fair, as you say… even with all those play through the overall time-to-plat should only be around 30-35 hours, which is pretty average when all’s said and done. Well good luck with getting it all done and if you post your thoughts about the process I’ll look forward to reading them.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman The visual style in Rime is composed of a lovely color palette, simple but varied environments, and is just generally mysterious in tone. It’s serene and quiet, yet rather frightening and foreboding at times. I like the playfulness and youthful feel it has, but it seems to be tackling some pretty heavy themes.

I guess what I like about it is how it’s different from other games I play. It’s softer tone and cartoonish or cel shaded art design is a nice break from the ultra realistic and dark graphics. But I’m still looking forward to Demon’s Souls! 😄

Speaking of — one of the most intriguing things about Kena to me is the beautiful looking animations and graphics. What do you think about it?

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Well the studio behind the game was originally an animation studio apparently, so I'm sure that has something to do with the "beautiful looking animations and graphics" it's a very cutesy/cartoonish animated world with all manner of wonders to discover, and if you do play it, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with the game.

Ralizah

The Hard mode time trial for the fifteenth colossus can bite me.

KilloWertz

Horizon Zero Dawn. My 2nd playthrough of the game began today to get myself prepared for the February release of Forbidden West. Since I'm playing it on the PS5, it's great to be playing it in 60 FPS, but it's also great period just revisiting one of my favorite games of the last generation. I got a bit lazy with the side missions in my initial playthrough, so I'll likely play as much of everything as I can this time around.

Uncharted was the big draw for me from PS3 to PS4, but with that series possibly being finished, Horizon is at the top for me now. The first teaser/announcement trailer for Forbidden West is the reason why I have a PS5. Well, that along with Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic