Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,061 to 5,080 of 6,460

nessisonett

Tried GTA III through PS Now. Sweet Jesus it’s bad. I didn’t expect it to be that bad. I played GTA III for the first time earlier this year on PC and enjoyed it as well. The PS version is just weirdly laggy with a strange smooth filter over everything. The lighting doesn’t even feel right. Only positive is the rain to be honest.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I will laugh if the day after it leaves the service, they release a patch fixing everything.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder You know, that really wouldn’t surprise me 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett And then it goes on Gamepass! 😆

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I guess it is technically a PS3 game but after all the chat from @colonelkilgore about it, I've fired Guacamelee back up and am doing a run through on hard mode to get the platinum.

I'm about an hour and a half in and just heading to the desert after picking up the uppercut and headbutt abilities. I don't know if they remapped the dodge/roll button for the second game or if it's just because what roll is mapped to in most other games but I keep pressing O to do it and it's starting to get a bit annoying!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho yeah I think it was either the right stick or L2 for dodge… and I found the right stick ‘felt’ better, though there is the trade-off of your right thumb leaving the race buttons momentarily.

Good luck with the plat bud 👊

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Skylanders Imaginators

My Universe: School Teacher

Anti-Matter

Bentleyma

I am playing Tales from the Borderlands. Definitely one of Telltale’s best games.The jokes are on point and Telltale’s game engine is perfect for the Borderlands art style.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan @Th3solution so played a bit more Bastion, completed two of the Who Knows Where hoards with all idols invoked and I am starting to ‘get’ it… although it’s probably a little too late in the grand scheme of things imho.

Basically, I’ve found that when you make the game more difficult, the choices you make in regards to your character build comes to the forefront (choices which can be changed at any time back at the Bastion). It feels a little late for me as taking on these ‘Who Knows Where’ hoards with maximum difficulty is probably the last thing 99% of players will do. It’s a real shame as the combat tactics and gameplay are really good during these.

I really can’t complain though, I think I picked the game up for a few quid, so these last four sections being excellent are more than worth that little expense.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore That’s good to know, in the rare chance I ever go to play Bastion.

It will be interesting to hear how you get along with Transistor. I don’t want to taint your perception so I’ll not expound on some of the parts to the game that I was displeased with. But you being primarily a gameplay-focused gamer and me being slightly more concerned with the narrative side of things, it might be a completely different experience for you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah you could be right. What I will say is that it definitely offers something a bit different... which is always nice. And that looks to be a trend in all 4 of their games, so I'm still pretty keen to play through all of them in time.

**** DLC!

rino123

I am playing pacman right now,lol

Get a new ps5 for free here https://bit.ly/PS5forrfree

sorteddan

@rino123
Which version?
If it's the arcade archives emulated original...bloody hard isn't it?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

SavoyPrime

I'm currently playing Middle-earth: Shadow of War. I'm only 10 hours in, but I'm enjoying myself so far.

SavoyPrime

PSN: SavoyPrime | Twitter:

Bentleyma

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning’s Fatesworn DLC. It’s a bit disappointing to be honest. I know it’s just DLC, but I was hoping that because it was made recently they would modernise it a bit.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

So made a start on 13 Sentinels… today and after struggling to get engaged for around the first 5 hours… it did start to connect a bit after that. I’ve spoken to both @Jimmer-jammer and @Th3solution recently about their feelings about that first act… and I definitely felt the same tbh guys. That being that I was considering turning it off and installing something else.

Having stuck with it for around 8 or 9 hours though, I think I started to feel more and more engaged by the narrative (I’ve always been a massive sci-fi fan… and this is pretty epic sci-if once the story starts to unfold) and also how replaying certain incidents for the appropriate outcome to proceed the story works. I’m still not entirely convinced but I am now feeling that lure to return that I wasn’t anticipating feeling 3 or 4 hours ago.

Also, for those who haven’t tried it yet… the art is stunning!

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Good to hear it picks up as I thought it might. It’s pretty unique in its execution, but the Sci-Fi storyline seems to be good.
What do you think of the strategic battle system?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I thought maybe it was just me…I may go back to it one day as I also love sci-fi, and knowing that it picks up gives me some motivation.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah the battles are a nice diversion… and surprisingly satisfying when you manage to take out a shed-load of enemies with one well-timed attack.

@Jimmer-jammer in that case I think it’d be worth your time at some point… it just leans in on the sci-fi elements more and more as time goes on from what I’ve seen.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic