Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,041 to 5,060 of 6,461

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho ah that’s a good idea about the different abilities on each gun, I’m guessing that dual-wielding is an unlockable skill is it?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore That’s the gunzerker’s special ability. A quick google and you unlock it at level 5.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho okay nice, I’m level 7 atm so I’ll check that out now.

So much fun, I have the original, the Pre-sequel and 3 too, so I guess that I have a new series to cycle in now 😅

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Started Guacamelee today and can only echo what a lot of peeps (@Voltan, @Thrillho as well as others) have said previously, it’s very, very good. I started it on Hard to avoid two playthroughs… and it’s definitely a challenge… but the varied combat can just be so intuitive when in the flow.

Just past the rising lava inside the volcano… which was particularly tough… and then beat the next combat room or so. I think I understand the appeal of Metroidvania’s now, so I’m definitely gonna play a few more of them in 2022.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan it’s probably been a while for you… but do have any idea how far I am through it?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The game is very good at showing on the map where you’ve hit an area you can’t progress without a certain ability by colouring it on your map.

It makes it easy to find those areas later and the colour correlate to different abilities so you don’t end up going back unnecessarily. It’s a bugbear of mine when games don’t signpost those areas for later.

Thrillho

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Sorry, I don’t remember that much. Last time I played it was right after the sequel came out (I got the plat for the sequel and then went back and got it for the original, which I originally played on PS3).

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho yeah I was more thinking about around about how many hours I have left-ish really... no worries though. I got a feeling I’m maybe around halfway... maybe a bit past that even.

@Voltan no worries... well done on plat’n both though!

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Skylanders Imaginator

Paw Patrol Mighty Pups

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

After going through Dark Souls 1 Dark Souls 2: Scholar of The First Sin is up on the docket now.

I'm already at The Lost Bastile.

So far only The Pursuer has given me a bit of trouble (Well that and my attempt at the Royal Rat Vanguard early ended poorly thanks to barely any petrify resistance) but I've been having fun going for a shieldless run by powerstancing/dual wielding Falchions

Despite it's numerous faults (Like it's awkward geography) that have been talked to death and some of it's mechanics being a bit wonky at times... It plays better then Dark Souls remastered to me thanks to enemies having some competent AI and death actually mattering a little in this with the decrasing max health

Plus... Unlike Now that's what I call dark souls

-cough-

... I mean Dark Souls 3 (I can take the mick even if I adore DS3)

DS2 at least does it own things (despite it having obvious parallels to Souls 1) which I think is something a number of people could appreciate a bit more now.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Anti-Matter

1. Skylanders Imaginators
2. Paw Patrol Mighty Pups

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I actually quite like the first couple of areas of Dark Souls 2. It just gets really annoying towards the end!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

Taking a break from Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to play something linear. Went with Batman: The Telltale Series. Playing through it in Noir Mode. I think it makes the game more interesting.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Started Bastion yesterday. I’ve been looking forward to playing through the Super Giant games a lot… and while it didn’t impress me quite as much as I was hoping, it is good… and was only getting better the more I played of it. I only had a couple of hours free yesterday but should be able to invest a decent chunk of time this week.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

Gremio108 wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I loved Dark Souls II. I think part of the problem is that the early areas are quite underwhelming. The game takes is time to really forge its own identity if you ask me. And the DLCs are superb.

nessisonett wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I actually quite like the first couple of areas of Dark Souls 2. It just gets really annoying towards the end!

... I kinda agree with both of you actually.

I think No Man's Wharf is a bit humdrum to me out of the starting couple of areas even if it gives me serious vibes of The Goonies with the pirate ship in a cave.

I don't quite like the teeny area I'm in either with the Rat Vanguard (Grave of The Saints?) Just seems kinda pointless.

I like Forest of The Giants though and The Lost Bastile is a nice area.

But it does get a bit long in the tooth towards the end as well (Aldia's Keep annoy's me the most ironically with it being just a hallway).

I do love Drangelic Castle in particular with all the rain. Wonderfully atmospheric!

Also I know most people seem to dislike Ice & Water Levels in games but I really quite like Eleum Loyce of the DLC areas. The Iron King's domain is pretty fantastic too.

The Artorias of The Abyss dlc is honestly pretty shabby in comparison to the Lost Crowns.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Same. I put it on last week, played an hour or two and it's not get clicked for me either. Will definitely get back to it over the coming days/weeks So may be interesting to compare notes?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan definitely, I’ll be putting in a ‘shift’ on Wednesday… so I’ll be sure to tag you about how I got on 👍

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Awesome.
Well as opening thoughts I pick up selection of weapons, decide I prefer the faster katana and repeater rather than the hammer and bow. So obviously I then pick up the items to upgrade the ones I didn't want to use and now feel I should use them instead.
Also I seemingly already have way too many options for a special move, just about every quest has unlocked another and I haven't got to grips with the ones I already had so dunno which one I should be using.
More positively, everything so far has been fairly simple, I like the fact that you can swap between the weapon upgrades if (when) I realise I picked the wrong one and best of all - the narrator's voice is excellent. I am currently impersonating it for my internal monologues!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic