Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 6,461

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution In FFVIIR I just started chapter 4 and I know you were talking about Japanese flair, but ,the way Roche rides his motorcycle around as if it's a b***dy 'buckin' bronco' is just a bit ridiculous! His backstory, hinted at, Cloud mentioning that he's a SOLDIER, is interesting though, so be good to see more of that as the game unfolds 🤣 It had me amused and bemused at the same time, are you nearing the end of the game now?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan
“If the sequel keeps all the good stuff and fixes all the bad, I can definitely see how it got those reviews.”

It does exactly that. I recently fired up the 1st one as well and yeah, it’s aged about as well as a loaf of bread. The half second input delay with jumping alone had me tearing my hair out.

Rest assured, especially if you see the 1st through, you’re in for a real treat when you play 2. It’s honestly staggering how much of an improvement on every level it is over the 1st. Even the writing and general creativity, arguably the strong points of the 1st, are vastly improved. As a fan of the original (with an admittedly rose tinted recollection of it, as my recent foray highlighted), I’ve been pleasantly blown away. Figments are still a thing though, ah well.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

LtSarge

Started playing Team Sonic Racing again after taking a 1+ year break from it. When I played it for the first time, I thought the game was just average. But now that I've taken a break from it and come back, it feels so much more fun than the first time around. Really goes to show how important it is to take breaks from games that you aren't in the mood for so that you don't ruin your experience with that title.

Finished chapter 2 of adventure mode and while the story isn't anything to write home about (it's nice to at least see cut-scenes), I just love the tracks. I recognise some returning ones from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (e.g. Whale Lagoon) and some new ones like an ice track and a desert track. I really like the variety in tracks compared to All-Stars Racing which focused on a select few Sega franchises.

The Team aspect is fun as well, even if you're playing with CPU. It makes the racing a bit more engaging compared to the previous Sonic racing games.

All in all, I'm enjoying this game so much more now and I hope that continues until the end!

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge glad you’re enjoying it more now you’ve returned to it after taking a break. I’ve experienced the same thing a few times recently. I returned to two or three games which I gave up on years ago and ended up really enjoying them. I find expectations (be they high or low) and what ‘type’ of experience i fancy at a particular time have a massive bearing on how much I’ll end up enjoying a game.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Haha! That part with the motorcycle was a bit silly in a way. I’ve never seen a motorcycle act like that but, eh… you gotta check your logic at the door with this game. 😂 Nevermind the fact that Cloud’s sword would certainly weigh as much as his whole body and would be pretty impossible to swing around like that. Perhaps gravity works differently in Midgar.😜
But no, I’m not much further along. I actually got side tracked and completed Dear Esther over the weekend so I just played a little of FF7R. I think I’m still in Ch 8 or 9, I forget. But the story has picked up nicely. I think the first couple chapters are a little slow story-wise, but now there seems to be some real conflict and I’m more interested in the current villain.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore Yeah, there really are a lot of factors that can affect your opinion of a game. For me, I just wasn't into racing games that much at the time. I valued my gaming time a lot as I was still studying, so I wanted games where I felt like I was constantly making progress. But kart racers where you do three laps for each track felt like a waste of time for me. Now I'm more open-minded again so I can play pretty much anything and have a great time as long as the game is fun, which Team Sonic Racing is.

But yeah, I honestly feel so regretful afterwards when I realise that I've played through games and had bad experiences with them simply because I wasn't in the right mood. My biggest regret is probably Metal Gear Solid 3. It's a great game, but because I played it during a summer when I was trying to complete as many games from my backlog as possible, I rushed through it and ended up being frustrated by the game's length as it felt like it was never going to end. As a result, I didn't like it as much as I wanted to.

You definitely need a lot of patience if you want a healthy gaming life, that's for sure.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Glad to see you enjoying TSR there. When you're in the right headspace for it (because I know what you mean, sometimes you couldn't pay me to play my favourites), it really is a cracking little kart racer, particularly considering it was a budget release an' all.

Untitled

Between this and LEGO Marvel, you've really been gaming in my wheelhouse of late!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Well I don't think it should come as a surprise in terms of Team Sonic Racing as we did talk about Sonic Colours a while back and that put me in a mood to play this. But yeah, I didn't really think about that when I was picking out these games. Only thing left now is to start up a Naruto game and we got the whole trifecta!

LtSarge

Voltan

Finished Psychonauts. Turns out it's about 10h long.
I'll leave it on the console for now to see if I want to go back for trophies later but I probably won't.
It's not a great game because it's just janky as hell - I definitely don't regret playing it though

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution In FFVIIR I just completed the part of chapter 4 where you have to create a diversion for Jessie, I keep getting Jessie and Tifa mixed up, they look very similar after all, I imagine once Aerith gets thrown into the mix the confusion goes off the scale. Still, after Wedge's backside gets singed in the battle, Cloud utters what has possibly been my favourite line in a game for quite some time "Really sorry about your a**, man" 😂 Do you remember that part? Lol. I just fought off some spectres outside Seventh Heaven, and that's the last thing I did in the game, looking forward to starting chapter 5 soon. How is your playthrough going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman 😂 I definitely remember that part. I like Wedge, he’s stereotypical comic relief, but still well done and one of my favorite characters so far. Also quite like Jessie.
I’m not really any further along. You might catch up to me, depending if I get any gaming time. I’ve been a little busy. How are you finding the combat?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman @Th3solution I thought the combat in FF7R was excellent but you only really start to appreciate it when it becomes hard enough to force you to "play correctly". For me the best part was playing on Hard Mode

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Combat is fine, not Dark Souls levels of challenging but still enjoyable. How did you find it? And yeah, he is stereotypical comic relief, especially when he's asking for more pizza and whatnot

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Oh yeah, I really like the combat. It’s an interesting mix, with a lot of options. There’s a strategy to it and using reflexes, sort of like Soulsborne but obviously different too, like you say.
I’ll be interested to see how you like Aerith. I found Tifa really enjoyable to fight as, but Aerith also has her strengths. Barrett is probably the most boring to control, but his ranged attacks are important to utilize.

purple_mouse_gaming

Back on Far Cry 5 after a couple of weeks break - heading north into the mountains. Absolutely love this game. Me, Grace (sniper) and Jess (bow expert) are sneaking round and taking out entire encampments without anyone knowing we were there! But I just have to get to Cheeseburger soon...

Ralizah

I've gone back to God of War. Beat Modi and Magni (which was pretty fun boss fight), obtained some sort of special material that allows me to open magic doors, and have been doing side content since. Some of these enemies you run across in side areas are harder than bosses! There's a part where I got jumped by two werewolves where, I swear to god, I had to reload my save ten times because I kept getting killed, whereas I haven't died to a boss more than once, and usually beat them on my first go.

The "travelers" and enemies that come out of space-time rifts also tend to be pretty hardcore.

Lots of dying, but I'm having fun.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

LtSarge wrote:

Only thing left now is to start up a Naruto game and we got the whole trifecta!

Untitled

@Voltan Congratulations on clearing Psychonauts. I deleted it as soon as I'd managed to secure an even trophy percentage but, like you, was still glad to have experienced it for myself.

Think you'll jump on the sequel soon, or will it become one of those "wait for a sale" games?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger I’ll probably wait. I mean - I shouldn’t really be buying any more games with my current backlog
But if it goes on sale by the end of the year, I’ll probably get it then I definitely want to play it!

Voltan

Voltan

@Ralizah Thing about those optional encounters is that some are definitely the “come back later” kind
And yeah, the hardest encounters in the game are definitely some of the optional ones.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic