Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 6,460

Black_Swordsman

I'm still playing through Biomutant, loving the interactions and gameplay and the compliments and praise from NPCs I am receiving for my character's morally virtuous actions throughout the game. And yes, @colonelkilgore even though my character is an animated anthropomorphic fox I still consider myself to be using a Greatsword-based 'Guts' build. 🤣

@Th3solution @TraCuz- @JohnnyShoulder do you reckon you might try Biomutant?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir I agree about the newer AC games being so much better without the present day nonsense. Ubisoft just seem entrenched in their thinking on the subject though for some reason.

I enjoyed Odyssey a lot more than Origins but there are fans on both sides of the debate. For me ancient Greece and sailing the Aegean Sea was my cup of tea. I'm looking forward to eventually playing Valhalla too.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I don’t have plans for Biomutant, but never say never. I’m not a huge fan of animal-humanoid protagonist games, although I had to make an exception for Ratchet & Clank. Otherwise, I have trouble connecting with them (Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, etc.) Biomutant does look good artistically though and I can appreciate the unique approach to the characters and setting.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

I think I'll try some Knockout City tonight. Anybody dodging any balls?

Voltan

MaulTsir

@JohnnyShoulder yeah the idea of just setting the game in historical times is good enough for me don't need all the nonsense, it was OK during the first few was a bit of a twist but seems to me from what I've played of Origins and now Oddesy it doesn't really need it.

Yeah I'm glad I've given Tomb Raider a try, Well worth it, I would hope that the games improve and not decline that would be a shame. I'll be looking forward to any future stuff now.

Just Caravan in the North East England, was just nice to get out, weather could of been better but was good to feel normal again lol

@colonelkilgore To be honest I tried Origins for about and hour and didn't like it, felt weird the r1 and 2 buttons being the attack buttons and felt the characters where a bit bland, then I went back to it during lockdown and just really enjoyed it, couldn't believe I put it down mabye I just wasn't in the mood for it as I was coming off some pretty big games (rdr2, Spiderman, god of War, horizon Zero Dawn, the witcher 3). In the end I really enjoyed Bayek and his story.

I've chosen Kassandra for my Oddesy playthrough and so far so good, didn't take me long to get in to the swing of things again.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Glad to see you enjoyed the TR reboot. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole trilogy, although the first and the last are a cut above imo. Rise of the Tomb Raider is my least favorite of the bunch, but still a great game. I prefer the approach of emphasizing exploration and tombs over combat, but you get a mixture in all 3 entries. I look forward to hearing how you get along with the rest of Lara’s adventures.

As for AC, I’m in the same boat (ba-dum-tsshh 😄) as you regarding falling off the series after AC3 and then picking back up at Origins. Likewise it took a little time to warm up to Bayek and to Origins in general but I enjoyed it overall. I was looking forward to Odyssey but then became distracted by other games before I could start it. I didn’t want to play too many open world RPGs too close together and after Ghost of Tsushima I haven’t felt like going back to AC yet, worried it might be a step backwards. Also, the heavy emphasis of naval battles and ocean exploration was what turned me off of AC4 in its opening hours and so I’m worried that Odyssey might be the same. Let us know how you like it. Always curious to hear everyone’s experiences.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TraCuz-

@Th3solution I'd have to say man since about the beginning of April FFXIV just absolutely consumed me, I haven't had desire to play much else. The other day I did get a little tired of the repetition of leveling my classes so I jumped into a few matches of Apex then got to Biome 2 in Returnal. But once I get all my classes leveled I'm full steam ahead to catching up to the story in FFXIV. One of my favorite multiplayer experiences in a long time.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

HallowMoonshadow

Not sure I have anything to teach ya @RogerRoger but sure... Lessons cost £499.99 per minute! An absolute bargain!

I had a brief look at Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Definitive Edition I bought the other day and it's pretty impressive how they've translated over the pen and paper roots of it (I believe it was an offshoot of D&D's 3rd edition or something?)

The character creation is... Pretty much like making a character for those types of things baring having to come up with a backstory.

9 races, 16 classes (with each class having the option of 3 additional sub classes (Archtypes as the game calls them) to choose from), skills, feats, ability scores, spells/actions, their alignment alongside their voice, name and appearance.

Took me nearly an hour to just get through all that! 😅

Only thing so far is there's portraits you can pick for your character for dialogue boxes (Instead of it using your character model.

The artwork is really quite nice (the character models aren't too great compared to Divinity). There's like 20 or so human portraits but the other races only get 2 (1 for male, 1 for female) which is a bit disappointing, if very minor in the grand scheme of things!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@TraCuz- Sounds awesome. FFXIV looks really good and if I had the time it’s a MMORPG I’d actually like to try. As it stand though I really have my hands full in the single player world. Do you figure you’ll stay with Returnal, by the way? I have the disc sitting by my PS5 waiting to be loaded, but I am not sure when I’ll do it. Probably this week. I’m nervous the game will destroy me - either through losing my life to addiction to the gameplay or demoralization from the high difficulty. 😅

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman I may do when the PS5 version hits. I saw some gameplay and was intrigued by it, but it is not high up on my list. If I had a list... 😆

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TraCuz-

@Th3solution I'd certainly say FFXIV isn't for everyone but for me it's hitting all the right notes. I will for sure see Returnal through to the end just not in too much of a rush at the moment. After June I won't be buying any other titles for the rest of the year. Between FFXIV, Returnal, Ratchet, and FF7R Intergrade these alone are enough for the year, not to mention other backlog games such as MGS4, NieR Automata, and Tales of Beseria. So I got a juicy gaming Summer ahead of me, if I can manage to have these wrapped up MAYBE I'll consider Horizon and Tales of Arise.

Edit: Oh God.... I forgot I postponed the Royal content of P5R till the end of the year. Too many games not enough time xD.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@TraCuz- “Too many games, not enough time.” — this is my life motto exactly! 😄
I’m with you on Returnal, R&C, and FF7R Intergrade being on the docket for me too over coming months. I’ve never played the Tales games and I probably shouldn’t start because I have so much already and there are a ton of those. But NieR Automata is fabulous, imo. One of my favorites of the PS4 gen. I need to play NieR Replicant one of these days too. Not sure if I’ll buy it before year end though.

I’ll probably be buying Horizon FW day one, likely won’t be able to wait on that. And I’ll probably buy Miles Morales and maybe Demon’s Souls before year end as the prices settle a little. Sheesh, that’s a lot of games to add when I already have a big backlog. I completely forgot about Kena Bridge of Spirits and Deathloop - if those review well I might have to give them a close look. I had plans to fit in Mass Effect Legendary Ed. this year but I’m not sure I’ll have the time for it even though one of my goals for this year had been to replay some older favorites since I’m not prone to do that due to new games always pulling at my attention.

I’m the guy at the restaurant who tries something new on the menu with each visit, even when I know a certain dish is really good. 😄

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman It's a fun game. I've only played 2 rounds but I first impressions are that I think I preferred the psp game. It's kinda perfect for a handheld game but the psp version was also less "busy", simpler and more straightforward. Still, I can see myself dipping into it a lot, it's still a lot of fun.

bluedex

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex I'm glad you're enjoying it, golf has never really been my forte', maybe more video game cricket if I can find the right game, i.e probably Cricket 19, do you like cricket?

@Th3solution Biomutant is great, just approach it like a standard RPG and I'm sure your furry little fellow will grow on you in no time, it's an excellent game.

I was struggling with a tricky part of Biomutant this morning but overcame the odds and now I have an excellent piece of gear at my disposal which means I won't have to deal with that particular problem again, as far as I can tell. Unless it's part of the story that that piece of gear gets disabled later in the game or something! meh, but yeah, who knows!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I didn’t realize you were also playing through Biomutant! Seems you’re enjoying it? I am too. What breed did you go with? I’m finding it very uplifting and introspective.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I forget the name of the breed, but I've got an anthropomorphic fox on my hands how about you?, how did you find the deadzone? The lack of oxygen therein meant that I died several times at the point where you had to jump from the truck to the door to enter the building where there is oxygen, seemed a bit unbalanced and even almost unfair in that part

I am enjoying it so far ,did you decide to side with the

Jagni or Myriad tribe? I chose the Myriads, going for a 'virtuous' playthrough

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I also went with the myriads and am enjoying a virtuous play through, though I think I accidentally burned a myriad shack down 😂 I went with a rex breed with indigo fur. Looks mouseish. Two-handed slashy. The dead zone is too deadly for me so I’ve been focusing more on the east. It took a bit to get going but I am really enjoying it. I can now spawn bouncy mushrooms!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Won't you have to go back to the dead zone later anyway? Isn't it mandatory for making progress through the story?

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I would imagine so. I haven’t progressed the main story since I got that quest from Gizmo at all. There are some myriad outposts to the east with some friendly citizens who have loaded me up with side quests so I’ve just been exploring, looting, scrapping, fighting and collecting. I’ll make my way back there eventually 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic