Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 6,461

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha oops I didn't mean to make that sound so negative @RogerRoger! Still enjoying the gameplay, monster hunting aspect, very much. Just like I said the other few posts about the story utter tosh and if anything has got even stupider 😄

I'm actually stopping God Eater: Resurrection now mainly because we're going to be Subnautica next for the game club and I haven't got enough time to focus on more then one game at the moment. Plus where I'm at in GE:R is pretty much the perfect time to stop it too!

I'll most likely be heading back in probably after Subnautica is done and dusted!

And you're welcome in regards to the whole Wil Wheaton, Critical Role stuff... Even when I'm here I can't help but teach it seems

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Absolutely - the trophies are bizarre. I feel that they were made difficult to get some replayability out of the game but it really isn't necessary.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Black_Swordsman

I decided to switch from Resident Evil Village to Resident Evil 4 as the latter seems to be a more accessible and better game overall - ammo is in plentiful supply, and I don't remember having to resort to using a guide once in order to complete it when I played it about six-eight years ago. I was ust looking for an easy to play game and this seemed to fit the bill as it appears to be high quality as well, despite ageing somewhat over the years obvs, I also intend to pick up Biomutant at a later date @bluedex sorry for picking this up early, but I couldn't think of anything else to get - I'll keep you updated about my progress but make sure to spoiler tag any spoilers I come across.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman @bluedex
I also am planning to play RE4 at some point this year. I want to play RE3 first though. I’ve never played either of them and I really enjoyed the first two game’s remakes last year. Good to see RE4 mostly holds up. People have said they don’t really think the game needs a remake, but I guess we’re getting one next year.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh, good, I'm glad. For a moment there I thought you'd hit your monster-hunting limit, so here's hoping you're still in the mood once Subnautica is done and dusted! It's nice when you can get something into the right place to pause it, at least.

And hey, if you're offering any more lessons in geekery, sign me up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey no worries, go for it! It might be a while before I get to it anyway. As well as my backlog games I also received Everybody's Golf in the post today, bought the disk version on a whim a couple of nights ago for €10. I played it on PSP many moons ago and remember enjoying it, so thought I'd give it a go as a "side game".

bluedex

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Aside from a Heavy Rain demo a few years back, it's my first Cage/QD game, although I have been meaning to get around to them for a while. It's hard to say what my standard fare is any more, I've played so many different things this gen. But this is probably another case of PS Plus nudging me towards a game I might have otherwise let slip by.

I actually finished Detroit last night, I'll tag you when I get around to posting some thoughts, but overall I had a lot of fun!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Yeah, I’d like to hear how you fared as well. I really liked Detroit. It was my GOTY that year, since I didn’t play God of War until this year.
I think we have a Detroit thread around here somewhere and some of us posted our outcomes and there really is quite a variety of ways the game can end up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

bluedex

@Th3solution I've only played the original RE3 on the PS1, I played the original first 3 and then nothing until now. I remember them all being excellent but RE2 was my favourite.
It's actually very cool being able to play RE1 again on a modem console, a real blast from the past with all the benefits of much more advanced gaming technology.

bluedex

Th3solution

@bluedex
I played some of RE 1 and 2 original a long time ago but not enough to really remember them, so essentially was experiencing them for the first time on the PS4 Remakes of both entries last year. I absolutely loved both, especially RE2 Remake. I’m looking forward to the RE3 Remake even though it’s much less praised in general. The first two REmakes are definitely worth a go.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Who knows, perhaps we’ll see R3make pop up in time for Halloween Game Club 👀

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex @Th3solution I actually struggled with RE4 in the end, and now, after having some bad luck and falling off a whole bunch of games I have finally settled on Biomutant. Played the first hour or so of the game with some success, lost hardly any health in the process and leveled up, it reminds me of playing other RPGs, and despite falling off of Just Cause 3 a month or so ago, notably by the same studio, this game is much more similar to games like The Witcher 3 and even a diluted Dark Souls, much more like The Witcher 3 in fact, so I am sure, thus far that I can actually play this game as it appears, thus far, to be very much in my wheelhouse, fingers crossed that I don't fall off another one eh? 🤣

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman My, you have had bad luck with your games recently! Hope you fare better with Biomutant!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Not played anything in the last few days. I decided to play both DLC packs in Control and so have still played that most recently. I’m coming up to the end of the second one (‘The Foundation’) so I expect it won’t be long now until I actually finally move on. The other game I played recently is Bound as I remarked earlier and I really like it. It’s very short and I also will probably finish it during my next sitting, whenever that might be.

I’m not sure what I’ll play next but it’s prone to be Returnal, which seems to finally be stable with the latest patch. Although I’m considering another palate cleansing short game first, depending if Bound finishes too quickly. Something without fast twitch combat since Returnal is going to push me to the edge it sounds like. I think Subnautica should fill that position and so I’ll jump in that with the game club.

Good to see Biomutant is enjoyable so far. What was it about RE4 that turned you off? Too dated feeling? Too difficult or too easy?

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I was thinking of picking up Control a while ago, I'll be sure to make that the next game I play as it sounds like you had a decent time with it. How hard is it? That might affect my decision if there are problems with the shooting or what-have-you. RE4 - Ammo wasn't as plentiful as I thought and I ran out and got mobbed to death, happened a couple of times and really put me off. Plus the fixed camera angle, which is present in almost every RE game was just too much for me. I completed the game on gamecube a few years ago but maybe I found the controller setup easier to handle or something, was able to find some more ammo elsewhere along the way, or was just a better gamer. Maybe my skills have aligned with RPGs since gelling with the Dark Souls games a year or two ago, back when it all began...

What is Bound about?

Also, going back to RE4 it's just a very clunky game but if ammo were more plentiful, enough to disperse with mobs easily enough then it would have been a better experience. Don't let me put you off buying it though, as, as I say, I beat it on gamecube about 5-6 years ago and had a great experience with it then.

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman Control has a few tough fights but nothing too extreme (other than one optional endgame boss fight). Also I think I've seen a mention of some kind of easy mode added in the Ultimate Edition? Not 100% sure

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Yeah I think they did add an easy mode so that should make it much more accessible. I think I read, though that it doesn't make the challenges you need to take in order to gain new abilities any easier, so I'm still on the fence, I'll give it some thought.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic