Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 6,461

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I briefly went back to my PS4 Pro today, and honestly thought it'd feel like a massive backwards step after playing so much on my new PS5, but instead it was just like coming home. I think you're right, I think the fourth quarter of a console's lifespan is its richest; not just because of the accumulated library, but also because developers have had maximum experience working with the technology, and know how to really make it dance. There will be a select few PS4 games I play first on PS5 (such as my current focus, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition) but there'll be others I'm gonna be only to happy to return for.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I’ve moved onto Mass Effect 2. I was concerned that the games might have aged poorly, but I’m actually enjoying them more now than I did on my first play throughs. They really immerse me. It’s nice to get home from work, put the game on, headphones on, turn the lights off and just get absorbed in it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger If they were more easier to get hold of, I would genuinely be tempted to get a PS5 for my Dad. The difference was like night and day when I last played on his non-pro PS4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Ha well I hope you end up enjoying it whenever you get round to watching them @RogerRoger! 😄

I forgot to ask last time but the star trek board game thing you mentioned... Was it an assortment of the various Stark trek cast's or were they all from one specific series? And what board game?

If it's Patrick Stewart pkaying Buckaroo or something I'm in lol

As for the Troy Baker voicework... I totally get where you're coming from after having seen some of Retro Replay. Though I can thankfully still seperate the art from artist so to speak.

His work as Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4 (The original game only I think?) is pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Definitely not the kinda role of what he's known for now.

It is from 2008/2009 so it's not quite as deftly done as it could/would be now (Trying to be vague here)... But he's honestly one of my favourite character's of the cast.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It's been interesting to see folks full of praise when upgrading from a base PS4 to a PS5, because we're leaving behind the first console generation which had a major incremental upgrade halfway through it. When I first got my PS4 Pro, I remember thinking "well, it's nice an' all, but I don't see a massive difference" and then, when I started playing on PS5, I thought that the lack of loading times and extra graphical flourishes were way more impressive than the slightly-sharper 4K resolutions and general fluidity. I think it's turned the technological leap into more of a short hop for some, which is kinda a shame.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Now you're testing me! I think it was Wil Wheaton, who briefly ran (or maybe still runs, I dunno) a board game channel on YouTube. Hold on, I'm gonna have to Google...

...yes, it was him, playing the Star Trek version of Settlers of Catan with Jeri Ryan, Kari Wahlgren and Wil's son, Ryan. Here's the link if you're interested, even though there's a disturbing lack of Buckaroo (seriously, I wanna see Patrick Stewart playing that now)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman
Finished Witcher 3 last night, found it to be an amazing game. Probably the best game I've ever played.
I'd never played an RPG before I played FF7 last year, as my "return to gaming" game, never thought they'd be my thing but now they are my 2 favourite games.
Started playing RE remastered today. I'm making my way through the years, so still on 2015.

bluedex

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex Excellent, congrats on beating the game. What did you think of the ending? I am considering playing RE4 again but I keep changing my mind. Have you played that one?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

I had a hankering for a little indie time today, so finally booted up Bound, aka “Cirque Du Soleil: The Game”.

I only have about 2 hours invested, but I’m quite impressed. I just love the movement and artistic feel. Such a wonderful unique move set. I’m not a dancer or an acrobat, but I’ve always been in awe of what they can do. The mesmerizing marriage of athleticism and grace; there’s nothing more enchanting than a professional ballet performance and I’d never considered what it might be like to play as a ballerina. Playing video games is all about playing as a character who can do things you could never do in real life. Whether it be shooting webs from your wrist and swinging across a skyscraper, slaying aliens as a space marine, or wielding a lightsaber as a Jedi — we love this hobby because of how we can be something or someone that we can’t be in the flesh. I never would have known how satisfying it would be to be a dancer and platforming my way around an abstract environment, avoiding an evil monster.

The game has its issues, sure. Most have to do with the rather mundane scenery and lack of gameplay variety. Like other ‘artistic’ games (aren’t all games though?) such as Flower, Abzu, or Journey, the game won’t be for everyone. If you don’t appreciate the fine art of dance or acrobatics, then it will likely be boring for you.

Other complaints might be the difficulty of the trophies. It’s crazy that the platinum is at 0.1%. So probably just a handful of people in the world even have it. It looks to require multiple playthroughs and includes speed runs, which I hate anyways.

I am probably only about half way through, so I’ll post more if my thoughts change or evolve. But so far so good. I know it’s really intended to be played in one sitting, but I had to step away mid game.

Tagging @Rudy_Manchego and @Thrillho .... because I can’t remember who I was talking to about this game a few weeks ago but maybe one of you guys? Was it one of you who had it in your top 5 games on PS4?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution Never heard of it!

@bluedex Did you play the DLC too? They’re quite meaty affairs but both excellent, particularly Blood and Wine.

Thrillho

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman I quite liked the ending, I had smile on my face. Haven't played RE4 yet, no. It's in the 2016 batch, so coming up soon enough. After I finish RE remastered, I have Until Dawn to round off 2015, then Rise of the Tomb Raider to start 2016 and break the horror theme, then it's RE4! 😁
@Thrillho No I'm saving the DLCs for the future, so I still have some Witcher to play, I know I'll miss it. Heard good things about them though.

bluedex

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex Tag me when you're playing RE4, and I'll try and pick it up around the same time as you.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman Great yeah will do. Had over 200 hours on Witcher, I'm assuming the next 2 games combined won't get anywhere near that!

bluedex

Thrillho

I’ve finally made a start on Ghost of Tsushima on my PS5.

What a gorgeous game this is! I can still choose between resolution or frame rate via the PS4 Pro settings but it seems it doesn’t make too much difference on PS5.

I was also pleased to see headphones with 3D audio was a setting too and it sounds fantastic on the Pulse headset (for me, even better than Returnal which is supposed to be the gold standard for the 3D audio).

Combat feels great so far and I’ve just got to the open world part.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Oh, and Japanese voice acting with subtitles obviously

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Good to see you’re enjoying it. It really is a beautiful game. Probably a nice one to play after Returnal since the options for stealth mix things up and there is a lot of time spent serenely wandering around in a peaceful bright environment.

The game does have its dark moments though, for sure.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

As soon as you mentioned Wil Wheaton I knew exactly where that link was going @RogerRoger... That's the channel that Critical Role came from 😁

Geek & Sundry is/was a Twitch & Youtube channel run by actress Felicia Day (... I don't know what she's in though myself aside from a handful of episodes of Supernatural). I think Critical Role was THE breakout show though? They eventually left G&S sometime in 2019 to form their own channel.

The channel had all kinds of shows with a bunch of different people (Though I admitedly never watched any of them aside from CR) and I recall that Wil Wheaton show getting mentioned/advertised a LOT when watching some of the Critical Role episodes. I think the Will Wheaton table top game series on G&S finished too?

He's actually in a couple of episodes of the first Critical Role campaign (The party was split into two for some reason I don't remember and they had some guest players join in... There's probably some episodes of Will's show with people from CR too) and he was really quite good in it from what I remember 😄

... And dammit... Seeing how Patrick Stewart is pretty much up for anything these days (Like his work with Seth Macfarlane) I was wishing him playing Buckaroo would be a thing... Oh well

And to actually bring this back to The PS4 Games you're playing thread (my bad!)... I'm still trucking along with God Eater: Resurrection.

Got up to difficulty six and have just managed to avenge Lindow. Which was a rather lousy and cheap fight I thought...

Because GE 1 was originally released on PSP, had an updated/expanded re-release with an extra storyline and THEN was remade on Vita/PS4 with another new storyline added on of that... I'm apparently nearing the end of the original PSP version's storyline?

I think that's where I'll cut off from GE for the time being.

Just because if I don't now I don't know when I will if I allow it to continue. Plus I fear I'll lose far too many brain cells if I keep watching the storyline cutscenes go on.

... Not even Patrick Stewart could save this

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution It was more than likely me! Glad you liked it. All your comments are pretty much spot to be honest. I played in VR on PSVR and it was quite breathtaking. However, yeah... the trophies are... well actually really hard. Multiple playthroughs, zero mistakes (i.e. don't fall off things), finding multiple routes through. However, as an experience (alongside a great soundtrack), I think it is really underrated. Probably the impact of being a PS exclusive that wasn't really well marketed etc.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Gremio108

Well I've been in a bit of a gaming funk recently, and not in a boogietastic 70s sort of way. Thankfully I'm being dragged out of it by Detroit: Become Human of all things. I'll post my thoughts when I reach the end but I'm enjoying this game way more than I thought I would. I've put poor Connor through the mill, bless him.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, cool history, thanks! I'd merely stumbled across the video as a standalone years ago, when it might've been going semi-viral and appearing in some recommendations. That's perfect though, that they're interconnected like that, because if I enjoyed where the channel started out (or once was during its lifespan) then chances are, I'll like where it's at now, too. Will check 'em out!

Sorry to hear you've fallen away from God Eater there, by the way. As you say, maybe it's for the best; will you be able to drop back in later, and finish off the new content?

And if I ever see Patrick Stewart playing Buckaroo anywhere, I'll tag you immediately!

@Gremio108 Glad to hear Detroit is working for you! It's a very compelling experience if you're able to surrender to it. Have you played any of the previous David Cage games? Would you describe them as your standard fare, or has it taken something a bit esoteric to un-funk your funk?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego Ah, whew! I was starting to think I had lost my marbles. I knew someone had recommended it! 😄

I’ll champion the game for those who are on the fence to try it. I think there’s a place for it in the gaming stratosphere. It’s too bad that the trophies aren’t any easier because that sometimes entices the fence sitting crowd to take a chance on a unique game like this.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic