Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 6,461

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution nice dude, it's such a different feel to the rest of the game there... much more classical horror than the rest of the game

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 That's awesome to know, thanks for the early insight! Other than Syphon Filter 2 back in the PSone days, this'll be the only physical PlayStation game I own on two discs. What a monster!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

Your very welcome, I still prefer phyical copies of games over the digital!

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Same, where possible. Thinking about my last post, I have a couple more PSone games which came on two discs, but they're digital versions which I play on my PS3, meaning I have to manually trigger a fake "disc swap" in the menu halfway through.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, no matter how long it'll take to install both discs!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RKBronuts Great game! I replayed the first game last year and it does still hold up really well. The standalone story DLC that's included is really good too and not too long.

And then the second game is even better still!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@RKBronuts personally, I'd temper your expectations just a wee bit... I'm in the minority but while it's an absolutely great narrative and overall package, the gameplay is quite average. Still, I hope you enjoy it all the same.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I feel the opposite. Found the story painfully middle of the road. Loved the gameplay loop.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@RKBronuts oh I definitely think it’s worth playing, just to experience it... in fact I plan on returning to it this year to refresh myself with the story before I play part 2 in October. As far as trying the exclusives... deffo, try them all. Bloodborne and God of War are two of my favourite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spider-man, Death Stranding, Nioh... the list goes on.

@nessisonett and that is why the world is such a wonderful place 🖖

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @colonelkilgore Disc swaps felt like magic when I was younger. The GameCube had a few of them due to the dinky size so games like Tiger Woods and GoldenEye Rogue Agent had that whole ‘swap disc’ screen. I always associated removing the disc with the very world exploding as the game strictly warned you not to. So naturally I tried putting different discs like Simpsons Hit & Run in during the disc swap only for it to not work at all.

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Now that pun was just disc-usting.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett I was always nervous about disc-swapping on my PSone, mostly because my cousin had a chipped console which he used to play fake discs, and you always had to start with an authentic disc and then pop the lid and sneak in the fake. The whole process just felt sordid and illegal as a result and so, even when a game was telling me it was okay, I thought it was naughty and wrong.

Also, the idea of swapping out different games to see what'd happen reminds me of when I used to shove different MegaDrive cartridges into Sonic & Knuckles, just to see the special "No Way!!" screen.

But anyway, enough normal talk. Back to disc-overing more terrible puns!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I remember back when I played Final Fantasy VII for the first time. I was using a guide and when Cloud left Midgar the guide said I was on part 2 of the game. Me being the dumb kid that I was thought that meant I had to change to disc 2, so I just did it without a prompt from the game while Cloud was standing on the world map. You’ll all be surprised to hear that the game didn’t like that!

Anyway, I am currently playing the Guilty Gear
-Strive- Open Beta. It’s insane how close to hand drawn animation the game looks.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

I might be playing it on PS5, but it's technically a PS4 game, so I'll put Mass Effect: Legendary Edition in this topic, methinks. I really thought I'd be writing Mafia: Definitive Edition in here first, but hey!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ya know I completely forgot that this was even coming out, and had gone back to thinking it was just another rumour that it was happening, til I saw you were playing it earlier @RogerRoger!

Still trucking along with God Eater: Resurrection on my end.

... I think the gameloop of the monster hunting genre has sunk it's claws into me. I've now sunk over 12 hours into it over the past week and I've completely abandoned FFXIV! Oh dear! 😅

The story that the game has so far though? Not that good at all. Some good voice actors are here (Yuri Lowenthal, Michelle Ruff, Patrick Seitz) but... the writing's pretty bad and some of the acting can come off a rather hokey at times (Like Alisa and her... moments)

Plus I don't think it really fits with the hunting gameplay... Like at all.

In an actual action rpg I'd think it'd fit just fine but the whole goverment conspiracy stuff with Alisa being brainwashed to kill Lindow? when you're just off killing a big ol' mutant gorilla or some skeleton faced tank thing?

Utter hogwash

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger enjoy bud, I loved the first 2 back in the day, never got around to finishing 3 for some reason. I’ll deffo see the trilogy through with the Legendary Edition though. All the buzz has actually got me quite excited to return to the series.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy good to know you’re enjoying God Eater. I picked up the trilogy on sale in the store recently, must’ve had all three for around £15. Have always been tempted to give Monster Hunter World a serious go (I gave it like 5 or 6 hours back at its release but wasn’t hooked and started something else) but the 300 hours play time has put me off a little. I figured God Eater would be a good test to see whether the gameplay loop would reel me in enough to return to MHW.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah I got the God Eater 1 & 2 bundle for like £6.67 or something off the psn store @colonelkilgore a few months back myself and I've been eyeing up a physical copy of GE3 for a tenner..

This is actually my first time with the monster hunter style of gameplay... after having got past the weirdly ridiculously short starting missions of GE:R it's been quite fun for me.

Missions do seem to be a bit on the shorter side compared to MH from my understanding?

You can tell it's based off a psp/vita game as the arena's/levels can be painfully tiny (Though I tried the God Eater 3 demo and the areas in that are thankfully much more expansive (though nowhere near what MH:W has))

Story's complete and utter guff though (even for anime standards) so far and feels rather out of place to the gameplay 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic