Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 6,458

Thrillho

@TraCuz- It's incredible the mechanical hand section made it into the game seeing as it has such a unanimous hatred for it

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I've been playing God Eater Resurrection over the weekend after watching a bit of Monster Hunter Rise for switch.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed about GE:R so far is the fact some of these missions I'm getting are painfully easy that last only 10-20 seconds fighting small fry that go down in 5 hits.

I assume that's partially because of it being based on a psp game that was then remade (The maps being super small is a bit annoying too) and perhaps it's supposed to be a break from the bigger hunts too?

I do like how alien some of the designs are for the Aragami though and I quite like the fact you have both a ranged and melee weapon from the get go that you can switch between (I'm using a scythe weapon and the shotgun).

Overall not too bad so far... There does seem to be some story starting to form?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I’ve been playing it on and off on Vita and there are a lot of those weird short quests. The combat just isn’t deep enough to warrant the MonHun-style massive HP pools for the bigger monsters though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm going to chalk it up to some early installment weirdness and assume some of that is ironed out for the sequel @nessisonett... Here's hoping at least! I'm enjoying it though at the moment.

... Also Shift can't designs menus to save their life. I thought Code Vein was a bit off with how it did things but good lord is God Eater's rather obtuse a lot of the time

Granted it's a completely different genre and God Eater was originally made over ten years ago for different hardware and mindset... But so far I'd say Vein is a much competently made game.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

Playing Resident Evil Village at the moment.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman So how are you finding RE8? As awesome as people say?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

I’m getting back into Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. I finished the main story a while ago, but I missed most of the substories. I forgot how good the game is.

Been playing a lot of Japanese games at the moment. I’m also playing NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... and .hack//G.U. Last Recode.

Who comes up with these names!?

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah it's great, first section was quite similar to the first section in Drake's Fortune actually, so now I'm gonna have to turn on the aim assist, I feel! What are you playing at the moment?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

Still playing through Resident Evil Village, really enjoying it. Anyone else playing it? Feel free to tag me in the Resident Evil Village OT thread.

Th3solution

@lolwhatno @Bentleyma-
I’m not sure what you’re seeing but I see a mini cyclops wearing one of those Japanese conical straw hats. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to... 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m still playing Control on PS5 and it’s sublime. One of my favorites in recent years. I’ve been busy though in my life so my game time has been a little more limited. But I usually get about 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday to play, and maybe 3-4 hours scattered during the week depending if I decide not to watch the NBA or a movie or go out to eat with friends or something. I’m getting together with a couple friends tonight, so it’ll be another dry spell for gaming. But yeah, at the current clip, it taking me about 3 weeks to finish Control, but I’m savoring every minute. I should have the platinum though by my next play session, then I’ll have to decide whether to play the DLC or move on to another game.

I really want to play RE8, but i feel like I need to play RE3, RE4 and RE7 first. So I’m going to get through those and then get RE8 a few months down the line when it’s at a discount. It looks brilliant though!

I still have plans to replay Uncharted 2 and 3 sometime in the next few months too.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You only need to play RE7 before RE8 as they are part of the same trilogy and RE8 directly continues the story from 7.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I gather that the series has a soft reboot of sorts at RE7 so the storyline and characters are mostly independent of prior entries, but I’m hearing that RE8 is a spiritual successor to RE4 as far as tone, color palette, art style, etc. so I kinda want to experience it first, mostly for the heritage of it.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Update: I've gone back to Bloodborne now and trying to perfect my OP build, before tackling the rest of the game and The Old Hunter's a second time, Castle Cainhurst will be a must-visit for me as I progress. Did you visit the area during your playthrough? I am one of those Souls players, it seems, for whom other games just redirect them to Souls games. Do you reckon you will ever play DS3, in the end?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Castle Cainhurst sounds familiar, but I’m bad with names, especially the FromSoft names. I didn’t play the DLC so maybe I’m just imaging things.

As far as Souls, I do still want to eventually play Dark Souls 3, but I might end up playing Demon’s Souls instead first, since I’m really excited about the PS5 upgrades. Unfortunately despite the game being out for 6 months I still haven’t found it discounted at all. It’s still $70 both on PSN and at retail. When I see the price drop a little then I’ll probably snatch it up.

Pditty1980

I just opened my phyical copy of mass effect legendary edition (I preordered and it came early) and I'm delighted to say that there's no redeem codes in sight anywhere (the only code I see is one for 20% off my next bioware purchase)!

The game comes complete (Well minus any patches) on 2 Blurays, the first is the play disc the second the Install Disc!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman @Th3solution Castle Cainhurst has to rank alongside Ash Lake as the two best non-required (hidden) areas in all of video games. I don't think I'd ever have found either without having heard about them first. It's possible I'd have gotten lucky and stumbled upon CC... but AL, no way.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @TheBrandedSwordsman So I did a little investigating and I did indeed play through Castle Cainhurst. I remember a castle type setting pretty vividly but couldn’t recall if that’s what it was called but sure enough I did it. I have the trophy for entering Cainhurst and for defeating Martyr Logarius, which I hadn’t remembered him by name but when I searched him then it all came back. I really struggled with him, as I recall. Died many times before finally getting a method down to take care of him and his annoying projectiles. Ah, the memories....

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@lolwhatno Oooohhhh, I see it now! It’s a side profile of him, with a headband and also a colored scarf or something under his face too. 😂 It’s like one of those perspective puzzle things.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic