Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 6,461

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Ahh a good ol' Skillup review, never strayed me wrong. Him and ACG.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- yup when either of them rave about something, I normally tend to love it too. Best YouTube game content out there imho.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Agreed some other favorites Digital Foundry, Gameranx, Kinda Funny, Max Dood, MinnMax, The Completionist, and many more

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Ha ha, that was the video that put me off the game each time I went to buy it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore IIRC it when he mentions that it's best played in co-op and facing samey waves of enemies that part me off.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder fair enough. There are different ‘worlds’ though. You start on Earth and we just completed an Alien world called Rhom... think there are a few more too and each world has completely different enemy types, each with their own abilities and certain tactics are required.

I haven’t played it solo at all but having played it co-op, it does feel like it would be at its best played in that format. Either way, it’s a bit of a slow burner... my friend is really enjoying it now but it’s taken him a while to get to that point. And another couple of guys I know just didn’t click with it in the initial few hours and moved on to other things. For players with the curiosity to get them through that first phase though, they all seem to want to not just play it through the once but to re-roll and re-roll again to see all possible bosses and incidents.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah I think it was more to do with the enemies within each world, rather than throughout the game.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder that does make sense but it’s not something I’ve had a problem with personally. If I were you, I’d leave it on the back burner (as I assume you added it while it was on ps+) & then if you ever fancy playing a looter-shooter some time down the road, give it a go.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I only say it cos I think Skillup mentioned it or something similar in his vid. That a couple of people that have played it solo said there are are a couple of bosses towards the end that made them straight up quit the game for good, and they've completed all the soulsborne games so are not some filthy casuals lol.

Yeah that is exactly what I've done, I've just come off The Division 2 so won't be for a looooong time to yet.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I gotcha, in fairness some of those bosses are real tough even in co-op. My mate and I have had to redo a couple of them into the double figures.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

Went back to Elite Dangerous today. Stripped down a couple of my ships and reused all the engineered parts for one of the newer ships.

Thought I'd give the Chieftain a try, better late than never. Looking forward to giving it a test in combat. Bouncing between that and Disco Elysium.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

So had a couple more sessions on Remnant from the Ashes this week and it’s just so good. Three things that may sound like hyperbole but are perfectly genuine... 1) best game I’ve played this year... 2) best PS+ game that I’ve played... & 3) best multiplayer game I’ve ever played!

Obviously there are caveats, 1) we’re only in April so I’m sure I will end up playing some great games before now and 2022 & 3) never been much of a multiplayer gamer so I’ve never really played ‘much’ mp... but still the game just gets deeper and deeper the more you dig into it and as a result it just gets better and better.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

Playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune now as part of the Nathan Drake collection. @Th3solution I don't think you mentioned in your review quite how blue Sully gets in his references and humour, it seems like Naughty Dog were originally intending the series to be quite different in tone from the wholesome Hollywood fare it ends up being at the end of A Thief's End. What are your thoughts on that?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, the tone does alter slightly over the course of the series, and in particular the role of Sully. I remember being a little confused by his character when I originally played Drake’s Fortune. He definitely settles into his jovial partnership role better as the series goes on.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

Completed chapter's 14 and 15 on Final Fantasy Remake after a bit of a gaming break this week now on to 16 Belly of the beast.

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@MaulTsir Nice. You’ve got a good chunk of the game coming up now where it deviates a fair bit from the original.

I look forward to your final thoughts!

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

Playing through Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, still. Onto chapter 3 now @Th3solution just discovered the German sub

and looking forward to some potential

Nazi zombies!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hope you’re liking it so far. It’s a true classic

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic