Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 6,464

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty hey dude, so I’ve probably done about 15 hours in Unity now... it’s quality. I’d highly recommend it as you seem to be a fan of the series.

Might fill the time until you’re able to pick up a PS5 for Valhalla too 😉.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan sorry buddy, missed your post for some reason.

I’m finding it quite funny how much I’m enjoying the Assassins Creed series actually. I played the original back when it first released and it left such a sour taste in the mouth that I didn’t play another till Odyssey. Then, I just thought that I liked that as it was more of an Open World RPG than the old ones... but now I’ve actually started playing through the old ones (Black Flag and now Unity) I guess that I just like the series in general.

Unity will be my last AC this year (I played Origins last October, Black Flag last Month and obviously Unity now) but I’m gonna play through the Ezio Collection at various points through 2022. I’m really looking forward to them as everyone tells me how phenomenal a narrative arc that trilogy has.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore The first AC was a nice demo of some things that would make the series great later (the movement and the crowds were groundbreaking tech and I loved the whole Animus idea) but by itself it's definitely the weakest entry in the main series. And while I have to admit it's been a bit of copy-paste work for years, it's still one of my favorite gaming franchises - I own collector's editions of 6 or 7 of them

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah Ubisoft is notorious for that and gets a lot of flack from the hardcore because of it... but I actually quite like quite a few of their series’. I’m obviously enjoying the AC games atm but I’m also a big fan of the Farcry games too. For some reason I find the repetitive ‘box-ticking’ game loops of both franchises as quite relaxing and meditative.

Recently bought Watchdogs: Legion, Immortal: Fenix Rising and both Divisions too. Turns out I’m an easy mark for Ubisoft.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore Alas I think that ship has sailed when it comes to Unity but I'm glad you're enjoying your time with the AC series. I'm a big fans, comfort food yes, historical comfort food at that, but they're generally pretty well made games and fun to play and explore. Some gamers like to sneer at this series but many do the same towards anything that's popular!

I think I'll wait until I have a PS5 before tackling Valhalla. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I eventually do.

Col_McCafferty

Black_Swordsman

@Col_McCafferty I just beat Chapter 4, onto Chapter 5 now in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, how are you finding the game so far? Are much further ahead than me now, onto Chapter 6 or something?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Col_McCafferty

@TheBrandedSwordsman It's good, the area in Chapter 4 is very reminiscent of the open Madagascar section in Uncharted 4. My only issue with that is it may have been better to have experienced another chapter or two before heading to such an open area so at times I got a bit lost!

I'm still in Chapter 5 but there is a lot to do within it so don't want to say exactly where I am nor what has happened for risk of dropping some spoilers.

Col_McCafferty

MaulTsir

Completed chapter's 11 and 12 on Final Fantasy VII remake, still loving playing through this game.

Progress has slowed abit in the last 2 weeks first because of the bank holiday weekend and family time and also because I've put about 22 hours into the Division 2 getting my first complete run throughs of the raids now their out of my system I can fully concentrate on finishing FF VII remake with no interruptions.

MaulTsir

urrutiap

played the first ten minutes of Playstation 4 God of War since its the only game I have for my Playstation 4. Its kind of neat for Kratos to have a son and living in viking land. Thought he wanted peace and quiet and all that jazz from trying to make the greek gods make his so called nightmares to go away from the older God of War games

urrutiap

TraCuz-

@Tnr01 So FF Type-0 is good? You'd recommend?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Ayee nice man, glad you're still going strong. You're at the part where the story starts picking up! I can't remember, is this your first experience with the series or you played original?

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@urrutiap Haha my man only played the first 10 minutes and had to come make a comment! I don't blame you though. I don't know who decided to start the game with Kratos chopping down that tree, it's so simple but for some reason so powerful. I love it, and my friend you're going to love that game! Enjoy!

Currently Playing:

urrutiap

yeah the thing with the hacking away at the tree is a bit dumb. Why did the game makers have to do that?

I dont mind an interactive moment as long its not dumb. I still need to play God of War II and III and Ghost of Sparta before i start getting into the new God of War game

urrutiap

MaulTsir

@TraCuz- yeah mate I played the original. I'm on to chapter 13 now, almost on to 14 I think and it's really picked up pace. I really like what they've done with some of the story elements on the remake for new fans it's make alot more sense I think. I'm really enjoying it and I was someone who was a bit skeptical when I heard some of the things before I played it because of how found my memories where of the original. So far so good definitely a top 10 ps4 game for me

MaulTsir

Black_Swordsman

@Col_McCafferty Probably heading towards the end of Chapter 5 now, that shadow puzzle was a toughie, had to use a guide for it! but I got the trophy in the end, so that's adequate compensation for having to use a guide, take it you are on Chapter 6 now? What do you reckon of Chloe Fraser compared to Nathan Drake as the main protagonist?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Col_McCafferty

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, that took me a while as well. In my first attempt my mind wasn't right so left it but came back to it the next day and managed to solve it, more by luck than judgement.

😉

She's alright all things considered, Nadine is the one that bothers me. Finding it hard to warm to her. I can't help but think they should've went with Sam Drake or maybe created a brand new character to partner up with Chloe. It's a good game though, enjoying my time with it.

Col_McCafferty

Black_Swordsman

@Col_McCafferty Sam Drake would have been an excellent choice, but what specifically bothers you about Nadine?

Edit: I loved Sam in Uncharted 4, even though he just appears out of the blue in the series.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Col_McCafferty

@TheBrandedSwordsman I just don't like her really nor her back story and motivations. She's handy in a fight though, I'll give her that.

Also, and this may sound bad but I'm being completely honest here, I don't really like the South African accent that much. Sorry!

Col_McCafferty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic