Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 6,465

nessisonett

@bluedex I’ve been playing a couple of Crash 4 levels when I want to break up the monotony. It’s all I can take without having a meltdown!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Yeah you should be able to find it, it's very much worth looking into if you already put in the 100 hours and don't wanna play again

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

JohnnyShoulder

@bluedex Enter the Gungeon. It was on of the free games as part of the Play at Home initiative.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

bluedex

@JohnnyShoulder Ok yeah thanks, I saw it, must download it and give it a go. What about Ratchet & Clank? I've already downloaded that one.

bluedex

bluedex

@nessisonett Thanks, good call. I haven't played Crash since the original on PS1, in fact I still pick it up from time to time. My main memory of it is nearly throwing the controller at the tv 😁

bluedex

JohnnyShoulder

@bluedex Yeah that is a whole load of fun, definitely one I reccomend. Be a good one to play alongside The Witcher 3.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

While I am playing Remnant from the Ashes in co-op atm... but while my co-op partner is busy I started Assassins Creed: Unity yesterday. Found it a bit boring at first but I’m slowly getting into it. I just played Black Flag last month and the naval stuff was just so good in that, that I wondered how Unity would be without it but it just focuses on the assassination aspect more. Revolutionary Paris looks glorious too considering the games age.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore Ah Black Flag, many happy memories of that game. I'm not one to usually clamour for remakes, especially not a game that was only released last decade, but for that one I could make an exception. Watched Black Sails recently and that inspired me to revisit sections of the game albeit via YouTube.

Unity is the only old AC game I haven't played, just heard so many bad things about it that I went straight past it to Syndicate after finally upgrading to a PS4 a few years back.

I haven't played Valhalla yet but was going to wait until I buy a PS5 before delving into being a Viking. In all honesty I thought I would've managed to get the new console by now but at this rate it might not be until later this year or even next. Is Valhalla playable on a base PS4? I've heard reports it's really buggy which surprised me as my experience with both Origins and Odyssey was generally a smooth one. This has lead me to believe that Valhalla needs to be played on a PS5 but is this accurate? At some point this year I'm going to have to start buying new games or I'm going to run out of things to play!

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty so I think most of the negativity towards Unity was due to how buggy the game was at release (& for some time after) I believe. Playing it now (on PS5 but I don’t think it’s been improved at all by that... I maybe wrong) I’ve experienced no bugs or glitches after around 8 hours play this far. I loved Odyssey and liked Origins a lot too but they always get attacked for not being ‘Assassins Creed’ games, just open world RPG-lites. Well if you read the AC forums, many AC vets will tell you that now it’s been fixed Unity is a high quality ‘Assassins Creed’ game, which I think I’m starting to understand.

Valhalla is available on PS4 but I’d wait as well if I were you, by the time you get a PS5 you’ll probably be able to pick up Valhalla for under £20... that’s the sweet-spot I’m waiting for before I pull the trigger on it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@Col_McCafferty @colonelkilgore Yeah, I think Unity maintained the usual level of AC games quite well. It did launch in a worse technical state than most but that's been fixed since - I believe that was mostly the PC version anyway, I played it at launch myself and didn't really have any significant problems on PlayStation.

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

I'm still playing through Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on PS4, still in the Western Ghats, on chapter 4, but I think this is the longest chapter in the game, takes ages to complete besides there is loads of additional optional content (finding coins strewn across the map) but you have to deal with Asav's forces if you want to collect them all. Loving the experience thus far @colonelkilgore thanks again for the heads up with regard to this game, next up, 1 &3 I feel, like we've discussed before. How is Remnant: From the Ashes going? Sounds like you're enjoying AC:Unity as well?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore It's interesting though that many people voiced displeasure at the AC formula and felt it needed a change. So they did that and other people criticised Ubisoft for making new AC games too different from their predecessors. No pleasing some folks.

😉

It's not the money more whether it runs as well as Odyssey and Origins. I probably have enough games, including some I wish to replay, to last me until late summer/early Autumn but beyond that it's looking decidedly dicey.

Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

@TheBrandedSwordsman I'm playing The Lost Legacy as well, only recently completed Chapter 4. It's a really well made game, having a lot of fun with it even though I only play it in relatively short bursts as HZD is taking up most of my gaming time.

Col_McCafferty

Black_Swordsman

@Col_McCafferty I see. Well congrats on beating Chapter 4, I just got all the three waterfalls to turn on I must be near the end of that Chapter, would you say it's probably the longest in the game?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ApostateMage

I'm currently playing AC The Ezio Collection and in all honesty I think the newer games are much better gameplay wise. The open world AC games are just missing the cramped and narrow streets from the cities. Alexandria from Origins was pretty good for that old style parkouring assassin feel.

ApostateMage

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman glad you’re enjoying mate, nothing worse than recommending something to someone and them not liking it.

Honestly, Remnant is everything I hoped it would be bud... it’s awesome. I’d be playing it now if my mate was free. We been mates since school and we don’t often have a game we both want to play, so in this case I’m only playing it co-op. So I’m just playing AC: Unity while he is not available... I’m enjoying it too though in fairness.

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@TheBrandedSwordsman To be honest mate I have no idea!

I suspect it probably is and the rest of the game is more streamlined but I'll have to find out just like you.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty “No pleasing some folks”

That my friend is a universal truth!

@ApostateMage Yeah I think I like the newer ones more too if I’m honest. I am liking the more intricate ‘level’ design of some of the actual assassinations in Unity though.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@ApostateMage Assassin’s Creed II has a certain timeless feel to it and I think part of that is that parkour isn’t insanely overpowered. You have to look for routes and even get upgrades to climb certain buildings. Being able to climb every single surface in Origins and Odyssey just kinda irritated me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic