Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman It worked for me (was cold to a demo I once played as a kid, but loved the remake when I played it a couple years back) so I hope it does for you, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

I started a new game Plus of GoT, and it's pretty solid. I decided to use English voices this time so that was a bit jarring to start with (but the lips will sync now. For a game that made a big deal out of it's B&W Japanese cinema mode, the lack of lip-syncing for playing in Japanese was just embarrassing. It hurt so much sometimes to see). I like how some of the charms are just fun or make the game harder. I haven't had a challenge yet, but I also just liberated one area. I'm hoping that NG+ Lethal+ with keep me on my toes and give a good challenge. I'll use some charms to help with that if need be.

Jaz007

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Thanks! I'm about 3 hours into it so far and it's a lot of fun. It does a much better job than the last one I played of keeping things interesting.

LieutenantFatman

sorteddan

@LieutenantFatman
I'd never played any of them till I got it on ps+ a few years back, I'd always assumed it was just a kids game but was surprisingly entertained by it. Really enjoyed some of the weapons like the one that pixelates to 8 bit mode and I even went as far as completing new game+ just so I got to see all enemies dancing!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LieutenantFatman

@Sorteddan
Yes, I did kind of feel the same way. But I noticed there are some decent jokes in this remake for all age groups which is nice.

Cool avatar btw. Used to love playing a bit of Bomb Jack, not played it in about 25 years now.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Showing your age now! Thst is probably older or as old as some forum members!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@LieutenantFatman @JohnnyShoulder
Good spot. And yeah that's kinda why I chose it, to stir up fond memories in those who know and confuse the rest! Definitely my fav coin op ever (just ahead of Mr Do & Bubble Bobble). And almost as fondly as I recall it was the memory of the disappointment when receiving the C64 version. Yes, that happened!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
Bloody kids! shakes fist menacingly

@Sorteddan
I can imagine what the C64 version would have looked like. Pretty sure I played it on the Atari ST. Wasn't particularly good at it but enjoyed it.

LieutenantFatman

MaulTsir

@TraCuz- The music is well I've found in all the final fantasy games I've played amazing. The way it lends itself to each situation is masterful.

Completed chapter 5 and 6 now and 6 was an excellent chapter from cinematography to gameplay I loved it.

MaulTsir

HallowMoonshadow

There's no private messaging/DM feature @lolwhatno on Push Square unfortunately. You'll just have to tag people in a post if you want to talk to someone specific

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

As for PS4 games I'm playing... Well I'm still plodding along with Cyberpunk 2077!

I... Think I'm well over halfway in the main story? I have to admit I don't feel like I've done all that much for the plot whilst simulataneously it seems to have advanced a bit too quickly.

I'm in Act 2 and so far I've done finding Alt Cunningham, who turned out to be dead but has an AI construct running around in Cyberspace.

I've also did the main mission line involving Panam and finding that Helman fellow who helped design the chip that Johnny Silverhand's on.

I've also started up the last main questline I have at the moment and I'm trying to now meet... Hanako I think her name was? I dunno I've got some plans with Takemura to make our way through a parade?

I was going to write an impressions piece about my time so far... but with the game advancing so quickly compared to the impressions piece that sits at 1200 words already I might as well just upgrade it to an actual review.

... I might have it done in a rather timely manner if I keep writing as I'm playing rather then waiting til after I'm done like a fool and not feel like penning it lol 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

@lolwhatno
Thanks! It's the Beholster boss from Enter the Gungeon. The game should be free with a handful of other gems at some point today I believe, worth checking out.

I am a big fan of the Cacodemon from Doom, especially the original version, such a cool and iconic enemy.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

lolwhatno wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh ok thx for the answer, I appreciate it.
I might create a pfp topic, like everybody talks about the origin of his name or pfp, I doubt anyone would be interested tho.

Happy to help @lolwhatno... You never know what topic people'll join in on til you try it! Stranger topics have been made and got plenty of interactions from the community!

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir If I remember correctly chapter 6 was Airbuster? Maybe that's chapter 7, did you play the original?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

MaulTsir

@TraCuz- I haven't come across it yet so must be chapter 7 🤣. Yeah I did play the original, I played it as a 9/10 year old with my older cousin when it was originally released in the UK (I say played I more mean I watched das he done everything and let me navigate a tiny bit 🤣) but I replayed it about 4 years ago to freshen my memory up same with 8 and 9.

MaulTsir

Black_Swordsman

I'm still grinding in Bloodborne, levelling up my character for a Holy Moonlight Sword build. Vit is currently at 45 of 99 so still a way to go!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Ahh okay so you already know the general pacing of the story. I'm currently playing the original to help satiate my need for Part 2. Just left Midgar and opened up the world map for the first time in about 17 years. I can't believe I forgot how massive it is, it blows my mind and gets me super excited for Part 2 considering how faithful to the original they were in the Part 1.

Currently Playing:

Thrillho

@TraCuz- @Onigumo I can't see how it will be as open world as the original game. It'll have to be much more focused I think. That's not necessarily a bad thing though sseeing as how they expanded on areas so much in part one.

Thrillho

TraCuz-

@Thrillho Yeah I'm not sure how they'll handle it, I'm mostly looking forward to how developing on PS5 will help improve their level design. They can be more creative and not every space has to be long corridors.

Currently Playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic