Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 3,937

NEStalgia

@nessisonett Black Flag was a great game. It just wasn't a great Assassin's Creed game. It would have shined as a new IP, which I assume they realized too late and that's where their vaporware online pirate game game from. All the AC stuff felt shoehorned into a game it didn't fit, and the decent AC stuff that was there felt like it deserved to have its own game.

Personally I agree though, as an AC game i think it might be the weakest entry. Even liberation despite it's Vita limitations is better as an AC game. It was amazing for it's time running on Vita though. I can't remember the PSP one but that one was actually pretty good. My thumb did not get along with that game and the cheese shredder nub of the PSP though!

Revelations remains a weak entry, but 3 is imo the low point. The lack of verticality destroyed the ac gameplay and it became a brawler. Though i hear Valhalla has the same problem. I haven't started it yet.

NEStalgia

nessisonett

@NEStalgia 3โ€™s probably my favourite one although Iโ€™ve only played the remaster ๐Ÿ˜…

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

TheBrandedSwordsman

i'm still playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider, looking forward to the deep gameplay, crafting and exploration that is allegedly to be found in the game. Climbing already seems more complex than in the Uncharted games. @Th3solution - Thoughts?

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

NEStalgia

@nessisonett eewww! That could be the difference though. I got the remaster with odyssey gold edition but haven't had the urge to check it out past the ever awesome theater intro, because it's ac3. I do remember them saying they were intending to fix fan complaints about it and make it "more assassin's creed", so maybe that means they were successful. The original release had almost no real stealth, it was mostly grabbing weapons and playing Bad Dudes: Colonial Edition. On a 2D plane. That's cool if they really did make it a proper AC...a bit like what happened with Unity.

My favorite remains the first though. Sure the side quests were repetitive and uninteresting but no other game has really duplicated the grandeur of the big stalk and kill assassinations. I hadn't really thought about it before recently but technically the first channeled a lot more of Hitman then later entries, which might explain part of why it's my favorite.

I'm on the fence about syndicate. It tried to bridge 3s action brawler in Jacob with traditional AC in Evie. So i ended up loving the Evie missions and hating the Jacob missions. Except the freaking Thames... Screw that bland river and it's endless barges!

NEStalgia

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman So you not started with the first game in the trilogy as we discussed? OK then! ๐Ÿ˜‚

In regards to Shadow, if you are expecting deep crafting and climbing from the game, prepare to be disappointed unfortunately. The crafting and climbing seemed pretty light I seem to remember.

How you generally finding the game so far?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheBrandedSwordsman

@JohnnyShoulder I am enjoying it, the gameplay seems to be more in-depth so far anyway, with more complex requirements for the navigation of environments than in the Uncharted games, which is what I started off with in this particular action-adventure style of game.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

JohnnyShoulder

I thought they had refined the combat, exploration and puzzles to the best in the series. I wasn't too keen on some of the RPG-lite stuff (like having to speak to numerous villagers for quests) and some of the story beats. But, overall I really enjoyed it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Casco

Death Stranding - Playing for the first time, really enjoying it. would have liked for it to have a PS5 upgrade, but looks amazing already. I'm about 15 hours in

Casco

Thrillho

Iโ€™m enjoying Fallen Order so far and havenโ€™t had too many technical issues (a few long pauses when auto saving, a few stuttery cutscenes). The game looks pretty good but did they outsource the wookies to someone on the cheap??

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho They made a Wookie mistake there.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

[sits on hands and refuses to comment on everybody spelling "Wookiee" wrong]

[fails miserably]

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MaulTsir

Started Control, played about 3 hours. For now all I can say is it's weird but I'm enjoying it.

MaulTsir

TheBrandedSwordsman

@JohnnyShoulder As a fan of RPGs I am quite looking forward to the RPG-lite mechanics you speak of, combat and exploration are things I have experienced in the game so far, though, and I have to say that it's better than playing through an Uncharted game so far, although two series seem quite happy to borrow from one another, SotTR appears to be the superior beast.

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Thrillho Where are you in Fallen Order now? How are you finding it at this point?

MaulTsir

@TheBrandedSwordsman None at the moment. Yeah I got the Ultimate Edition from ps plus. Wasn't a game I was ever really interested in playing but thought I'd give it a shot as a break from Zombie slaying before I tackle Resident Evil 2, the gameplay mechanics are quite simple at the minute, run, gun and I've only acquired 2 powers so far so it doesn't seem overly complicated although the aiming with the pistol is sensitive.

You enter the game sort of halfway through a story already if that makes any sense, its obvious your not supposed to understand what's going on from the beginning, the main characters talks to herself/you along the way to bring you in to the story. Nothing amazing as of yet but I'm interested enough to see where the mystery goes.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Good to see that SotTR is holding up for you so far. It does feel unique from Uncharted, doesnโ€™t it? Lara is a great protagonist, even though sheโ€™s quite different from Drake. And the gameplay is more varied. Talking about it makes me want to go back and play the DLC. ๐Ÿ˜„
I just love the tombs in the game.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, I've unlocked some more challenge tombs as I've played along, I've got the definitive edition, so all the DLC is included. Do you think you'll go back to it? When do you reckon you'll start DS3, by the way?

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman I like RPG's too, but sometimes I get a bit fed up of them been in almost EVERY game these days. It is quite refreshing when I play game when there are no rpg mechanics in the game. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and only a minor niggle though.

And yes, as @Th3solution mentions the tombs are awesome in Shadow.
One of my favourites was the one with the massive crocodile statue. Felt so epic.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic