Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 6,462

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Nor me, I was the same when the PS4 came out and didn't have much disposal income left to spend on video games. Luckily I eventually traded in my 360 and games for a fair bit of CEX store credit which kept me going until I had saved up some more.

Personally I have no issues with the 70 quid price tag, it is just that this year there ain't a great deal that screams out to me to be a day one purchase. That would be the same whether the price is 40, 50 or 60 quid though. Last year a few titles did so ended buying em on day one, the previous year not so much. And I rarely pay full rrp either, if you shop around you get a few quid off, or use the shopto/CD keys trick to get cheaper psn store credit. Or just wait, prices will soon come down. The start of a new gen though, prices do tend to hold a bit longer than they do normally.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Huh. Seems a lot of discussion was had yesterday spawning from an incredibly judgemental and pathetic comment from a fool on his high horse... I always knew I loathed cowboys 😄

Annnnnnyway I only had time Thursday night to go through making my V in the character creation but I spent good 4 or so hours diving into Cyberpunk 2077 and exploring Night City.

Bit too early I think for any real impressions (Unless you want me to mainly just prattle on about the character creation) but I'm having a fairly good time so far! Game did crash just as I was about to call it a night so hopefully I didn't lose too much progress. Did notice the frame rate dropping a smidge too on my slim PS4.

... But yeah. Not too bad so far!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Col_McCafferty

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Charming!

A bit of a clique on this thread. Not sure what's so outrageous about the idea that if you afford the hardware then you should also be able to afford the software as well.

I'd prefer to pay as little as possible for a brand new game but often I'm happy to wait a few months or more upon release and eventually get it lower than RRP. Some games I can't wait for and as these often happen to big AAA titles I feel confident that I'll be getting my money's worth.

I feel more worried about the trend towards digital than the price of a brand new game. With physical, third parties will over reductions quicker than on digital and then there's the second hand market. With digital the control is completely with Sony and we'll be totally reliant on their generosity.

That's an issue to truly concern yourself with.

🙄

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

The game saves auto saves very regularly @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and I always had a load of manual saves too, so you shouldn't lose too much progress. How are the load times on PS4? The game did crash a fair few times on me (at one point it was threes times in a 2-3 hour play time), but because of the speedy SSD in the PS5 I didn't mind too much.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Just had a lovely encounter in FIFA 21 where I got slaughtered 5-0 despite hitting the post 4 times and the bar twice. The guy messaged me basically saying bad luck, the score line didn’t reflect the game and he’d had fun playing against me. I basically said that I hadn’t played a FIFA game in years, he’d beaten me fair and square but I would have liked a goal or two as consolation. The guy then proceeded to give me a few tips. Not often this happens playing games online to be honest. Makes a change from last night where some self-titled ‘Youtubers’ messaged me calling me slurs because I wouldn’t quit after going a few goals down.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Arugula A very rare occurrence indeed! It is the drop outs that happen more often than receiving abuse for PES and Fifa in my experience.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@nessisonett
It's a nice reminder that not all online gamers are overly aggressive, rage fuelled and only able to communicate by swearing at you!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Lovely story. It's a shame that you can only report and chastise the bad players on PSN, and not equally promote the good ones somehow.

I rarely play online games but one time, I was trying out this brand new 2v2 mode in Star Wars: Battlefront II and, thanks to my wildly inconsistent skills, got my butt handed to me several times in a row, leaving my poor random comrade consistently outnumbered and therefore pretty much doomed. Once the dust had settled, this player sent me a short, sharp message regarding my performance which was... well, let's say it was "less than congratulatory" to spare the censors.

So I replied, apologising profusely and explaining that I was just curious to try the mode, and that I was really sorry for letting them down. I obviously struck the tone I was aiming for (unlike anything I was aiming for in the bloody game) because they came back a minute later with something along the lines of, "Oh man, you're really nice! Now I feel awful for being a jerk. I'm really sorry!"

Not quite sure what the moral of the story was, but I like to think that I got my point across.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MaulTsir

@RogerRoger on the ps5 you can actually commend good players now, you can give them badges like good sport, or helpful player ect and the commendations build that players overall score, its just superficial by the looks of it but its a decent step in the right direction.

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

I've started Final Fantasy 7 Remake over the weekend and I'm up to chapter 5 and all I can say is so far I'm blown away by it.

MaulTsir

HallowMoonshadow

I didn't think they were that long myself but I did time a load yesterday @JohnnyShoulder (From the menu and then reloading the save once I'd got into the game) and they were both around 53 seconds.

I think it helps I luckily haven't had to reload... Like at all. Plus the first load into the game from the menu has those world building tv programs/segments playing so there's something to distract from the load time as well

I've had it crash on me 3 times now but as you said it is pretty good with the autosaving so I haven't had any problems... yet.

I've got into Act 2 (which was honestly quicker then I expected)... I might get down my thoughts on it so far into an impressions piece.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Bro you haven't seen anything yet! It just gets better and better, any favorite parts so far?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Bro you haven't seen anything yet! It just gets better and better, any favorite parts so far?

Currently Playing:

MaulTsir

@TraCuz- I'm glad to hear that there's more final fantasy awesomeness to come because I've been loving it so far!

I really enjoyed the motor bike sequence and chapter 4 in general as it was a whole new part added to the game. I'm also really enjoying getting to know the avalanche secondary characters alot better they get alot more screen time and I think it makes the story as whole seem more.....Human for want of a better word. I feel even after only 4 and a bit chapter's played I also like Cloud so much better he seems alot more fleshed out and even though he's as blunt as he is in the original he's got alot more personality so I'm excited to see where that goes. Also I was surprised in how early Sephiroth was introduced in the game but I actually quite liked it. Just really enjoying the whole game the combat is slick and refreshing. The one negative which to me really isn't a negative because graphics don't bother me at all and for the most part they are amazing but I can see the perfectionists complaint about it the background graphics are really plain and blurry sometimes even in cutscenes sometimes characters hands are like ps2 graphics lol like I say has no effect on my enjoyment of the game because I'm loving it but can see it affecting it for some people who expect a certain level of graphics.

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@MaulTsir Without wanting to sound like a broken record on this topic, I think the combat really comes into its own on Hard mode as it forces you to switch characters, think more about your materia load out, and make best use of all your characters’ abilities and rely less on magic.

I enjoyed me first run through the game but the second one really elevated it for me.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir Oh wow, that's really awesome of Sony to include a commendation system on the PS5. I had no idea that was a thing, so thanks for the heads-up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Yo man awesome insight into the game, it seems its impacting as much as it did me. Chapter 4 was one that stole my heart too. I think it's because I went in with little to no expectations for this game and they just completely blew me away. The combat is some the best I've ever played, and the cinematography is masterful. Do we even have to bring up the music? Keep me updated in your playthrough!

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Yo man awesome insight into the game, it seems its impacting as much as it did me. Chapter 4 was one that stole my heart too. I think it's because I went in with little to no expectations for this game and they just completely blew me away. The combat is some the best I've ever played, and the cinematography is masterful. Do we even have to bring up the music? Keep me updated in your playthrough!

Currently Playing:

LieutenantFatman

Started playing Ratchet & Clank. I've never gotten into the series on previous attempts but I figured it was worth another shot for such a popular and well reviewed game. Tastes do change after all.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic