Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 6,463

nessisonett

@Arugula They’ll just turn the open world into a series of sewers and reactors with corridor-based loading screens 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

It’s going to be funny to see them work Cait Sith in. Big marshmallow bear with a cat riding on top, running along behind you and Tifa. Gunna be a nightmare animating all that.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Bentleyma

I think they’ll make it similar to FFX. It’ll be just one big, conjoined world, made up of linear corridors and light exploration.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

Enter the Gungeon. Fun game, surprised how much I am enjoying it. The guns are awesome as is the destructible environments, such as the usual barrels to flipping switches to drop chandeliers, and so on. The bosses are quite funny too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Oh man, Rez Infinite is incredible. No clue why I held off on it for so long, I’d easily drop money on it.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Did you ever play the original, or is this your first time with the whole experience?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett I have abandoned my Bloodborne quest for The Old Hunters as I have begun to agree with @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy in the sense that I distinctly prefer the medieval setting of Dark Souls to Bloodborne's Lovecraftian Victorian madness, plus I prefer the weapons and armour in Dark Souls to a large extent, and I have now returned to that game, aiming for the platinum in both that and Dark Souls 3, levelling up my character by farming in the Grave of Artorias, with the Symbol of Avarice to increase my souls per run. Praise the Sun!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

If I remember correctly there was a PS2 game of Rez wasn't there @RogerRoger? Pretty sure I played some of it... Maybe as another demo?

Oh I had a go of Enter The Gungeon last night as well @JohnnyShoulder and had a rather good time with it too playing as "The Hunter" character. Only played the first floor and faced the Gatling Gull but I can easily see myself playing more!

Ha well the setting was more of a personal preference and perhaps one of the smallest reasons of why Bloodborne doesn't really click with me @TheBrandedSwordsman.

Probably doesn't help that you've just been grinding levels the past so many hours for whatever reason. I've never played The Old Hunters either so I can't comment in the slightest on that 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Not played as the Hunter yet, but will do next as is the only base character I've try to play with @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. That is the boss I defeated eventually, after about the 3rd time. I found to strafe in a circle useful for its 1st move then just avoid the targeting missiles and shoot it in between dodging them. I try to test out all the weapons I pick up, as there have been a few times I picked up a weapon, faced a boss and didn't realise you had to charge a weapon. Death quickly followed! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No, doesn't help at all! But I beat a boss in Bloodborne recently in order to vary the gameplay, and my Dark Souls character is already at quite a high level, so I'm alright with that!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

jdv95

soooo would anyone recomend demon souls as first time souls game to a noob?
i heard bloodborne was the "easiest" but i doubt that tbh.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Thrillho

@jdv95 I’ve yet to play it but people on here have said it’s the “easiest” of the games. The better frame rate on PS5 probably helps with timing and the quicker reloads will make death less annoying too.

I don’t think there’s a bad place to start with the series but it’s just accepting the change in play style and that failure is a big part of the game!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I definitely prefer dark fantasy over gothic-lovecraft in terms of a theme... but Bloodborne ‘plays’ beautifully. Not that Souls plays badly... but there is something about the combat of Bloodborne that just seems so much more intuitive... to me at least.

I love all Miyazaki games... but Bloodborne just rocks my world... best game ever.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Started ABZU, got to grips with movement, found some shiny things, explored a cave, hitched a ride on a humphead wrasse. I think this game is trying to hypnotize me!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’ve never played the original but heard a lot of good things over the years. Glad to know they were proven right!

Kidfried

@jdv95 I personally found Bloodborne to be more difficult to get good at than Dark Souls, because of it focusing way more on fast reflexes than Dark Souls.

That being said, so far I haven't finished Dark Souls and I did beat Bloodborne multiple times, so there's that.

I would start with Demons Souls. What I gathered from the impressions is that this remake is relatively friendly to newcomers!

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Oh really @JohnnyShoulder? I would've assumed we wouldn't have fought the same boss... But then again I think the floor after was called "the gungeon truly begins" or something along the lines so maybe that first floor is an extended tutorial?

The lack of weapons, removal of magic & build variety
is probably the biggest knocks against Bloodborne for me @TheBrandedSwordsman. Playing it for a second time felt pretty much the same as the first time round.

and I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077. I got to the third and final act yesterday

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think the bosses are randomised from a pool of a certain number, as it was about the third time i faced that one from that floor, but all the other times they were different each time.

Thrillho

Bloodborne is still my favourite of the Souls games as I much prefer the front foot, aggressive combat style that the game encourages, rather than the slower combat of DS.

And personally I really liked the style of the game but that much just be because it was something different to the others.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic