Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 3,880

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Desperate times call for desperate measures.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Th3solution Nadine in Uncharted 4 was such a flat character. But they turned her around in Lost Legacy, in a way that was totally believable too. She became one of my favorite characters in the series, and to me that's the best demonstration of what Naughty Dog is capable of with regards to creating characters you care for.

It reminds me of the Marvel films. Do these films hold the best plot? Not really, but they keep so many people engaged because these filmmakers are the best at creating characters you care for. And once you care for a character, you'll be engaged in any adventure they end up in.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I think perhaps she was focusing so much on getting the accent right that her performance sorta suffered for it in Uncharted 4. It happens a lot when actors are performing in voices completely different from their own.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder It was actually pretty solid. Reminded me of Mass Effect with regards to character handling, cover system, powers and gunplay. I'm not interested enough to day one it but I'll be picking it up cut price.

Arugula

NEStalgia

Playing gravity rush 1 &2 again. It kind of feels like a funeral. But i couldn't not. One of the best games ever made. It's crushing to know that everyone behind this experience has been scattered to the winds and the IP is almost certainly dead. It's just truly amazing in every way. Even the second time around.

NEStalgia

TheBrandedSwordsman

Still playing through Uncharted 4. On Chapter 20 now so the end is in sight. @Th3solution @TraCuz- I've heard that final two chapters are just a load of cut-scenes would you say that that's accurate?

Tra, if you want to use spoiler tags put [ spoiler ] without the spaces in front of what you want to spoiler tag and then [ / spoiler ] at the end of it, again without the spaces.

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Bentleyma-

Just finished Persona 5 Strikers and have now moved onto Ni no Kuni II. I’ve been playing a lot of JRPG’s recently. I’m going to clear my backlog, one JRPG at a time. Going to take me a while with games like .hack//G.U. Last Recode to play. I think that’s 3 games in one.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

TheBrandedSwordsman

I just started Shadow of the Tomb Raider @Th3solution I just followed the Trinity head honcho to a VIP area of a party and now have to climb down a cliff , how close am I getting to a difficulty spike?

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Col_McCafferty

Playing Concrete Genie and have to say it's a really charming game, I love the interactions with the genie's and trying to channel the inner artist in me.

It's a pretty looking game and has a nice art style to the human characters, in particular the lead protagonist Ash and especially so in the cut scenes.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I can’t remember much of detail about when difficulty spikes, to be honest. I didn’t remember much that was very high in difficulty, but I have my difficulty sliders set at a pretty normal level across the board.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Arugula

Started P5R a few days ago. Is it recommended that I follow a guide to ensure I don't miss out on the additional content? I don't like the thought of missing out on it because of something I overlooked.

Arugula

Bentleyma-

@Arugula I would definitely check a guide to see the requirements for doing the third semester. If I remember correctly, you just have max out the three new confidants.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

So around 10 hours into AC: Black Flag and really enjoying it. The controls are clunky and unintuitive but you do learn to play around that in time and... intuit the unintuitive if you get my drift.

It's surprisingly varied too which I like, the typical AC segments supply you with a decent amount of weapons and tools so there are options in how you take on a mission. Then the sea-faring is where the game shines... the open water and island-hopping still looks beautiful even though it was a cross-gen title and there is more to it than just travelling and naval battles. Whale hunting is a half-decent diversion and attacking coastal forts is epic. There is also the odd puzzle that is 'just right' in the goldilocks zone if you know what I mean... tricky but not too difficult and time-consuming to work out.

Epic swashbuckler of a story too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. I’ve mentioned before that I didn’t get along with Black Flag in its opening hours and I bounced off of it back at release. Perhaps I need to consider another go at it. I actually kept my disc with the thought that maybe it would be worth revisiting. I have Odyssey in the backlog also, so I was planing to play that instead since the setting and character interested me more. Let me know how the game comes out in as you finish it.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

ApostateMage

I love the sea shanties in Black Flag.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Honestly, Black Flag was one of my least favourite titles during my AC binge. I loved the setting and pirates are very cool but the story sections didn’t really cut it for me. The island hopping was good fun but since I wasn’t going for the platinum due to the multiplayer trophies, I couldn’t really bring myself to clear everything!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution will do Sol, though if I were you I'd probably stick with your plan to play Odyssey... and then if you're still craving some naval battles a few months later you can always dust off Black Flag. I really enjoyed Odyssey... and I honestly think controls have progressed quite a lot during the 8th generation and as a result the onland gameplay (at least) is smoother in the later game.

@nessisonett I try not to binge any series really, as I'm so cautious of ruining a possible good experience through burn out. Of the series, so far I've only played AC1 (back in the day... and promised myself never again), Odyssey (lured back in by Greek myth) and Origins (loved Odyssey so I figured I'd love that... only liked it in the end though).

Basically, I'm gonna ensure I have a good few months between installments but have them all waiting to be installed.

As a side note, I was quite pessimistic about trying the pre-Origins ones but my experience with Black Flag so far has made me far more open to the others.

@ApostateMage they're great aren't they... and always on the verge of sounding quite rude. There was one yesterday where I wasn't sure what they were actually singing but in my head it sounded like the main verse was "Someones got a boner" which I took to singing along with. Think my missus was a bit disappointed when she walked in and I was still 'soft' 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

Thrillho

I've finally decided to give Jedi: Fallen Order a go. I'm only on to Zeffo but enjoying it so far although I've just unlocked the evade and kick move which feels a little hit and miss.

Loving the big orchestral score though!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, I hardly used that evasion kick move, either. I think there's a trophy connected with it, if memory serves, and it was a fiddle to get right.

That gripe aside, I'm glad you're enjoying it thusfar and yes, the soundtrack is achingly beautiful!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic