Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 6,460

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I enjoyed it. Admittedly, it's the first (and only) R&C game I've played, but it was a decent fusion of PS2-esque game design with GORGEOUS visuals. The range of weaponry on offer was a lot of fun to use.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Octane The appeal is the concept. The execution less so unfortunately. I had hoped for better puzzles too.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I tried Persona 5 but I couldn't get past the turn-based combat. I hated that and thought it was awful. More of a responsive melee-based guy, see: Dark Souls 1 & 3. Glad you're making steady progress through it though, and apparently it has a great jazz soundtrack? I'm nearing the end of Shadow now.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yo what's up bro, I'm also chugging thru Persona 5 and absolutely loving it. On the side I'm also making progress thru Nioh 2 which kicking my butt. After completing Persona 5 I'm to Persona 5 Strikers, then MGS 2-4 and Gravity Rush 2.

You still playing Tomb Raider? How's that treating you?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Depending on how Shadow of the TR is going (I get the feeling it’s been a mixed bag for you) if you end up liking it enough to try another entry — the Definitive Edition of the first reboot game is on sale in the current sale for like $3, which is a steal, if you’re enjoying it. The first game is shorter, if I remember correctly, less tombs and a little more linear and focused, although has the light Metroidvania inspired sections where you go back to open up new parts to an area when you get an equipment upgrade. It might feel like a tiny step backwards, but if you’re interested in Lara’s backstory of how she became the tomb Raider and like the gameplay then it’s low price point might be worth taking a chance. I’m actually considering picking it up just in case I want to replay it, since the only time I played it was on PS3.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- Hey man, how are you? The game is kinda long for a game in that genre and I almost gave up on it completely, but got through the stealth section which I was stuck on. I was hoping it would be like Uncharted where you can actually survive some gunfire and then melee a guy in order to take them out before they can shoot you to death, but, no, Lara is not at all resistant to gunfire unlike Nate and can only take one or two bullets before going down.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Hey Sol, I actually did almost give up on Shadow recently but as I just said got through that section, the gunfire is not something Lara can withstand at all unlike Nate, so that means stealth is almost always a necessity against enemies with guns. I am not sure about the original TR reboot game, but might give it a go if this one picks up for me towards the end.

N.B Thanks for the heads up, but since I live in the UK I might miss out on any cheapery with regard to that game.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Haha seems like Dude Raider is hampering on Lara's experience, glad you were able to stick with it though.

Hey on a side topic, what's your top 5 bosses in Dark Souls 3? In regards of difficulty and also your favorite to fight.

Currently Playing:

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- 1)Pontiff Sulyvahn 2)Abyss Watchers 3)Aldrich of the Deep 4)Twin Princes 5)Dancer of the Boreal Valley - was so pleased when I beat her - took me ages to beat that boss. You?

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Awesome picks man! Each of those fights are super memorable!

1.Pontiff (It's funny how we share this one)
2. Slave Knight Gael
3.Nameless King
4.Twin Princes
5.Champion Gundyr

Currently Playing:

MaulTsir

Still going through Control, close to the end now, started a few side quests so it's taken me off track about, I think I'd of completed this game by now if it had kept me gripped but I find myself drifting onto the show or The Division 2 after an hour or so, going to give it a good go to finish it before the weekend so I can't start Final Fantasy 7 Remake which I can't wait to play, mabye that is the reason for my lack of enthusiasm for Control.

MaulTsir

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @TraCuz- I have abandoned SotTR now and have gone back to Bloodborne to make another attempt at The Old Hunters trophies, with Ludwig's being the most important to trophy on my list, so I can get the Moonlight Greatsword and complete a Guts build in the game. I want to level up and become OP in the game, so that will take a while.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh really @Ralizah? Interested in Rift Apart at all, even if you were to get it at a deep discount/a PS Plus freebie, or have you have you had your fill of the R&C franchise?

The weapons are undeniably rather fun (Especially the omega versions in the challenge mode). Plus playing on hard difficulty did make me have to be quite acrobatic in combat and kept me on my toes.

Ya know I'd almost completely forgotten about Helga @crimsontadpoles until seeing your post and then I unlocked the Insomniac museum last night and got to see her character model again (alongside many others from the original) which really made the memories flood back.

Can't say I recall much of the Gadgetron chairman in the original though as it's been well over... Gosh I think about 15 years since I played that version of the game

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Did you play The Old Hunters in addition to Bloodborne or just the base game?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I just played the base game. I’m not typically a ‘DLC guy’ as my general philosophy is that if the content was that important then they would have included it in the main game. However, I know there are examples of excellently implemented DLC which adds to the experience for people that want a little more and the Old Hunters package is an example of DLC done right. So I’ve toyed with going back to play it but I’ve heard that although it has some of the best bosses and areas of the entire game, it also has some of the toughest and I’m so far-removed from having played the base game (probably 2 years almost at this point) that I will have forgotten my skills and I don’t think it would be fun unless I devote some serious time back into the game to ‘get gud’ again. I thought about playing the game again one day so I could experience a different build, like a bloodtinge build or an arcane build, but I’d rather play Dark Souls 3 and Demon’s Souls first. And then maybe within the next year or two they’ll have a Bloodborne PS5 upgrade which will make it worth going back for me (assuming I have a PS5 by then).
Would you agree that the Old Hunters has some of the best content but also some of the hardest?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Yo man I'm always down to chat about FF7, hope you love your playthrough!

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman I admire your ability to power through those games, I got stuck on Vicar Amelia which I hear isn't even a hard boss haha. Do you get into Nioh as well?

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman I admire your ability to power through those games, I got stuck on Vicar Amelia which I hear isn't even a hard boss haha. Do you get into Nioh as well?

Currently Playing:

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, definitely, I still have not been able to get past Ludwig the Accursed to this day, but, I am hoping, once I am OP and can summon help it will be much easier.
With regard to what you said about the DLC, yeah, it's definitely all high-quality, I think some if not the vast majority of it surpasses the base game. Did you beat the whole of vanilla Bloodborne then?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic