Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 6,458

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder As a fan of RPGs I am quite looking forward to the RPG-lite mechanics you speak of, combat and exploration are things I have experienced in the game so far, though, and I have to say that it's better than playing through an Uncharted game so far, although two series seem quite happy to borrow from one another, SotTR appears to be the superior beast.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@MaulTsir Any technical issues thus far? Did you get the Ultimate Edition?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Where are you in Fallen Order now? How are you finding it at this point?

MaulTsir

@TheBrandedSwordsman None at the moment. Yeah I got the Ultimate Edition from ps plus. Wasn't a game I was ever really interested in playing but thought I'd give it a shot as a break from Zombie slaying before I tackle Resident Evil 2, the gameplay mechanics are quite simple at the minute, run, gun and I've only acquired 2 powers so far so it doesn't seem overly complicated although the aiming with the pistol is sensitive.

You enter the game sort of halfway through a story already if that makes any sense, its obvious your not supposed to understand what's going on from the beginning, the main characters talks to herself/you along the way to bring you in to the story. Nothing amazing as of yet but I'm interested enough to see where the mystery goes.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Good to see that SotTR is holding up for you so far. It does feel unique from Uncharted, doesn’t it? Lara is a great protagonist, even though she’s quite different from Drake. And the gameplay is more varied. Talking about it makes me want to go back and play the DLC. 😄
I just love the tombs in the game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, I've unlocked some more challenge tombs as I've played along, I've got the definitive edition, so all the DLC is included. Do you think you'll go back to it? When do you reckon you'll start DS3, by the way?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman I like RPG's too, but sometimes I get a bit fed up of them been in almost EVERY game these days. It is quite refreshing when I play game when there are no rpg mechanics in the game. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and only a minor niggle though.

And yes, as @Th3solution mentions the tombs are awesome in Shadow.
One of my favourites was the one with the massive crocodile statue. Felt so epic.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TrueAssassin86x

Currently addicted to two-point hospital as my killing time game. I really should get back to little nightmare 2 but ya.

Fan of games not consoles.

PSN: TrueAssassin86x

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I don’t actually own the DLC so I probably won’t go back unless it’s on sale for super cheap. Or unless I take the plunge on that new collection announced with the whole trilogy and all DLC together in one package. But even then it’ll probably be a while. If they do a PS5 upgrade then that will help push me to replay. But definitely keep me updated if you enjoy it enough to play the supplemental content. It received glowing reviews.

As far as DS3, I think it might be a while. I started The Outer Worlds instead and I’m liking it. So along with that and Persona 5, my next few weeks are full. And I have a few others I’d like to mix in over coming weeks like the rest of the Nathan Drake Collection, and others. But I have flexibility in my schedule to move a game into the active slot depending on my mood. I might suddenly get overcome with a desire for dark fantasy at some point.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I just tangoed with the jaguars for the second time and am now outside Croft Manor, about 10% into the game That section is already reminding me of similar sections in Uncharted 4, would you agree with the parallel there? Why do you think the series have so heavily borrowed from one another over the years?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, there is definitely some familiar tones in the two series, thematically. And to be honest, I think both borrowed from Indiana Jones to begin with. Especially the early Lara Croft, she being a little more snarky and self-confident in the early games. But the archaeological treasure hunt aspect is something that was probably made most famous by the Indy IP, and they just failed to make a whole lot of noise with franchised video games.

But it’s true that you say they borrowed from one another because, although TR came first in the ancestral gaming order, UC resurrected the interest in the world-hopping artifact search and added more enemy combat, which possibly inspired some of the TR reboot, which added more open-world concepts, which then prompted UC to expand a little on the linearity of the games, especially by the end with Lost Legacy. So I do think there was a little back-and-forth.

Edited on by Th3solution

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I've continued with SotTR this morning, did a bit of stealth takedowning in a short section before you get a gear upgrade, it's all still fairly early on in the game though. The fire arrows are available now anyway.

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman mentioned on another thread but playing Witcher 3 currently. I wasn't sure if I'd like it as I haven't really played RPGs and still wasn't sure a few hours in, it looked a bit overwhelming....but now I'm absolutely loving it, engrossed! I think I've figured it out and how to play it properly. Currently at level 4 in Velen and having a blast. Can't help thinking I left a lot undone in the very first location though, now that I've copped the gameplay.

bluedex

Joshua2255

@TraCuz- So I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima now. Wow. It's an amazing game. You said come here and let you know what I think. It's definitely one of the best games of the last 10 years for me. Looks and plays beautifully on the ps5!

Joshua2255

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex Excellent, I'm glad you're enjoying playing through Geralt's adventure, let me know how you get on with the NPCs in Velen as they're certainly a colorful lot. Be sure to remain on the lookout for decent gear that you can acquire as you go along, there is a plethora of it strewn about the game's world.

MaulTsir

Still working my way through Control, just started The Old Boys mission which is the 5th Mission I think.

Still going good, getting alot more side missions now as well which could possibly make the game last alot longer because I felt like I was flying through it. Side missions seem to always lead to something useful as well like anew ability or mod/upgrade for your weapons/powers so seems beneficial to do them.

MaulTsir

Kidfried

@MaulTsir I was playing Control as well, but got side tracked enormously with a few games. I'm a few missions ahead of you. I should play it again soon!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried Were you playing Control on PS4? Was it the Ultimate Edition, and have you noticed any technical issues?

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Gameplay in SotTR is getting a bit more technical now, do you remember it being more difficult than Uncharted 4?

Kidfried

@TheBrandedSwordsman Played it on PS5 with the Ultimate Edition. So, yea, the game and its combat system are really smooth in locked 60FPS.

I'm not a graphic junkie and I don't care too much about framerate too. But Control is the kind of game I expect to be a different (lesser) experience if you play it on previous gen. Can't say for sure of course, because I didn't play it on PS4.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic