Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 6,460

Brydontk

Currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm still in the beginning in the Fort Joy area, but I can tell the game's really robust. I think COVID's sort of forced me to slow down and appreciate the games I already had because it's one of many games I played recently where I bought it a while ago, tried it for an hour, then tossed it in the backlog.

@nessisonett Alien Isolation was one of those games. Difference being, I can tell it's a high-quality game, but Survival Horror is a tricky genre for me šŸ˜‚ The only one I've ever completed was Until Dawn

Edited on by Brydontk

Brydontk

Bentleyma

I'm currently mopping up the DLC trophies for Marvel's Spider-Man. I'd forgotten how fun it is and how impressive it looks.

Untitled

This looks like a photo!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

Iā€™ve played the first 4 sequences of Assassinā€™s Creed 3 Remastered and while yes, the pacing is somewhat glacial, Iā€™m really enjoying the slower and more grounded take on the franchise. The early plot twist was brilliantly done and really sets up the rest of the game well. My only real criticism so far is that Haytham inexplicably comes across two founding fathers in the first couple of hours of the game. I mean... what are the chances of that? The graphics are fantastic although it runs at a bizarre resolution and the HDR settings take a bit of time to fiddle with. Well, the graphics are brilliant other than the faces which look plain strange, especially the eyes. Iā€™m just going to put that down to it being an 8 year old game at heart. Have to say though, the scenery is stunning and I wouldnā€™t say I have an incredibly advanced TV, itā€™s a fairly entry-level 4K 40ā€ Samsung.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MaulTsir

@Brydontk how is Divinity Original Sin 2? Is it similar to Diablo? I played Diablo 3 during lockdown and I enjoyed it so was curious about Divinity.

@nessisonett I loved Alien Isolation. I'm a big Aliens fans so i enjoyed how the story linked together and the gameplay is a change of style from normal horror shooters, its definitely frustrating at times but it was one of my top games on the PS4 for a while

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- Are you on the base model or Pro?

Despite all the negativity around the release of the game on PS5, I still reckon I will pick it up as it was so fun and Iā€™m sure it will look even more stunning.

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I'm playing it on a PS4 Slim and it still impresses me. The PS5 version is going to look insanely good. I'm probably going to skip the remaster, but I'll definitely be getting Miles Morales.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Black_Swordsman

Still playing through Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered I just completed Shandor Island and was thoroughly impressed with the Juvenile Slor boss, it looked fantastic. The game is a little easy for a Dark Souls vet, but it is a thoroughly enjoyable experience

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Brydontk

@MaulTsir Not really, Diablo's gameplay is real-time and the focus is on loot and gaining new abilities while Divinity is turn-based and heavily story-driven. That might seem like shallow differences but they're very different from each other. You can go about handling missions virtually any way you want in Divinity and one thing I'm liking about Divinity is that your abilities can potentially affect the world around you. But at the same time, it can make the combat kind of complicated. Mages, for example, were a massive learning curve for me. Mine has an ability that summons rain which is useful if an enemy has set the field on fire, for example. But my mage also has a few electric abilities, which electrifies the puddles the rain summons, which can hurt the enemy, but limits where my melee characters can go if I'm not careful.

So things like this allow you to get extremely creative with your characters in and out of combat, but I'll be the first to admit that this game might not be for everyone for this reason. I'd look at some youtube videos of the gameplay before spending the money.

Edited on by Brydontk

Brydontk

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- That's a gorgeous Spidey shot! If you snap any more, we have a dedicated topic for showing off screencaps. Would love to see what you take!

As for me, I started the PS4 remaster of Vanquish earlier today. I'm a little disappointed that the pre-rendered cutscenes are simple upscales from the PS3 version, and that they run janky when the game's busy loading levels in the background.

When you're actually in a firefight, though, everything runs butter-smooth. The addictive, breakneck gameplay remains an epileptic's worst nightmare as it throws every kind of effect in your face; part of the fun is simply trying to figure out what's going on during the more chaotic encounters, and testing your reactions against the relentless A.I. which genuinely wants to kill you dead. There have been a couple of shading quirks which caught my eye, but nothing immersion-shattering.

But then it ran well and looked gorgeous on PS3 anyway, so it ultimately feels like more of a straight port than anything else. I'm not complaining; it's Vanquish, I love it, and I've come to prefer a DualShock4 over this past generation, so I'm also more comfortable than ever before. I just feel like it's missing any kind of "wow factor" that the prospect of a remaster could've teased.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Everything was going fine and dandy with AC3 Remastered until today. The gameā€™s crashed on me twice at the same bit which is really annoying! Iā€™m Desmond as well so I canā€™t even do something else and hope it sorts itself. Fingers crossed it works after yet another restart.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Maybe it is part of the game and it is breaking the fourth wall?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

I just completed Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, it was a great experience and highly recommended for all fans of the franchise. There was a great moment towards the end where I thought: "This is it, I'm in the third Ghostbusters movie". @BearsEatBeets I thought it was a great game and didn't notice too many sound problems with the digital version, nor, playing it on one of the easier difficulty settings, did I find myself having to revive my fellow Ghostbusters too often. I liked the plot quite a bit, with the ties to the first movie being far more overt than those to the second, which the exception of all the slime involved in the game. The romance between Venkman and Ilyssa was exquisite, and I'm glad they kind of got together in the end. I took plenty of screenshots so feel free to look them up on my PSN profile.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Kidfried

@nessisonett I wish the game would crash everytime they had me play Desmond. Hate that douche.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

I just started The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition. Looking forward to the Blood & Wine expansion pack but don't know when it becomes available during the main playthrough. Sounds good with the inclusion of vampires from what I've read online! @LieutenantFatman @Thrillho pleased to keep me company throughout my journey? How long does it take to reach the DLC?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic They're both quite late on in the game. A quick google says Heart of Stone is recommended level 30. Blood and Wine is very much endgame stuff, particularly with regards to the story.

I can't say when they trigger as I played both having already finished the base game. Are you playing from the start then?

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Really glad you didn't encounter the problems I had so could enjoy the story fully. Maybe I'll turn the subs on and give it a replay on easy to experience all the little bits I didn't hear. They definitely did a good job of tying it all to the movies and having the cast just takes it to another level.

Noticed you mentioned about the Witcher DLC's and yeah they are both designed to be played after you have finished the main game and are at that kind of level. I'm pretty sure there is an option to start Blood & Wine straight away from the menu and the game will give you a level 30 Geralt to start it with. Although I think it's probably best to play the main game first if you haven't already done so.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Bentleyma

I've just moved on to Killzone Shadow Fall. It looks better than a lot of recent PS4 games.

Bentleyma

Black_Swordsman

@BearsEatBeets I'm sorry but I must contradict you with regard to my copy of the game, I purchased the digital version, so there should be a veritable absence of bugs. However, the options of starting either 'HoS Only' or 'B&W Only' are greyed out. From doing research online, I have discovered that it might be possible to start either quest at certain points in the game, once certain landmarks have been reached in the story, then, and only then, presumably, will each quest be unlocked. The aforementioned level 30+ Geralt should become available for B&W from the main menu at that point.

If I am going to be specific, what I have read online tells me that once you can fast travel to Velen, B&W will become available, although other sources say you cannot start it until after you have successfully completed HoS. Thoughts? @Thrillho Thoughts, too?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Again, I can't say much about it really as my save allowed me to go straight to them.

A quick read suggests that HoS is available as soon as you finish the prologue while for B&W you need to first complete a mission that appears in Velen. It sounds like if you start with the level 30 build for them then you still need to do the prologue for them to activate.

https://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/how-to-start-hearts-of-sto...
https://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/how-to-start-blood-and-win...

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I agree and there were a couple of sections that I didn't realise the enemies would keep coming until you moved on. There was me killing dozens of enemies thinking how many I need to kill before I can get to the next section. šŸ¤£

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not sure what you mean when you say the digitial version will be bug free? If they have not been fixed with a patch they will still be in the game whether you buy the game digitally or on disk. Same if they have been patched out, when you install the game from disk the latest update will automatically download.

In regards to Witcher 3 GOTY, it could be that the game is not recognising a save file from the original game. Or it could be that it is treated as a new game and saves do not carry over. If you still had the original game and bought the expansions separately, you would not have this problem.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic