Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 6,463

phil_j

I'm about 10 hours in to Tales of Berseria, and think I'm going to have to knock it on the head.
Story is pretty good, but the combat is the worst kind of no effort button mashing. Even on the hardest difficulty. Does it get any better?
It wouldn't be so bad if it was a shorter game, but not sure I can cope with another 40 hours of it.

Also picked up Murdered: Soul Suspect for super cheap in the PSN sale. Well worth the money if you like linear story games.

phil_j

mcdreamer

@phil_j I've just started Berseria too though I'm only about 5 hours in. I'm also struggling with it a bit. The only other Tales game I've played is Vesperia. I gave up on that about 10 hours in. I probably prefer Berseria but the same problem is present in both games - I just don't think the combat system is for me.

On top of that, Magilou is an incredibly annoying character and I fear she'll be present throughout a lot of the game. It's a shame as I think Velvet is a great character and would like to see her story through, but I'm just not convinced by the gameplay.

mcdreamer

phil_j

mcdreamer wrote:

@phil_j On top of that, Magilou is an incredibly annoying character and I fear she'll be present throughout a lot of the game.

I had to switch to the Japanese audio track with subtitles, because I couldn't take her voice any longer.

Edited on by phil_j

phil_j

FullMetalWesker

Currently going through Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Yakuza Kiwami. Both seem to have the odd similarity in having bizarre sidequests with characters attempting to scam the protagonist, but leaving that aside, both have been pretty good so far (Even if Odyssey is probably the furthest from the original idea of Assassin's Creed that I've played so far).
That said, I wouldn't complain if they had kept the shield from Origins, defending myself in combat is a bit awkward without it tbh.

FullMetalWesker

Kidfried

Playing Judgment. Er, I just don't know with this game. Probably finishing the main story this weekend or something. We'll see what I think by then.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Judgment’s the only Yakuza game I gave up on. I didn’t know about it either. Maybe I wasn’t in the right mood because most people I know loved it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

Arugula wrote:

@Bentleyma- My favourite Guerrilla game! Some of the set pieces are phenomenal. My only complaints are some difficulty spikes and it can occasionally be awkward to figure out where to go. Other than that, great game!

I do wish it was more linear. You can press up on the d-pad to show a waypoint marker, but it's still easy to get lost. Not going to lie, I'm playing it on Easy and still finding it a challenge occasionally.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried What is Judgement about? Are you enjoying it at all? What do you like/dislike about it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Bentleyma

Just started Tearaway Unfolded!

Edit: Why have I not played this sooner? The things this game does with the DualShock 4 and PlayStation Camera are really impressive. Not to mention the art style and overall look of the game is awesome.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho @LieutenantFatman I'm still playing TW3: Wild Hunt I just spoke to the Nilfgaardian commander about the location of Yeneffer of Venegard, playing through it again I am discovering details I missed before, like how the Nilfgaardian commander will only deign to disclose the "military secret" about Yennefer if you will slay the Griffin, first!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic No worries. It has been a long time since I played it so I won’t be much help with anything.

I would also highly recommend playing Heart of Stone first.

Thrillho

nessisonett

I fear I may have made a mistake in going for AC3’s platinum. Some of the optional objectives in missions are pretty evil, I’ve spent hours and hours and finally cleared a mission where you have to infiltrate two boats without being spotted and get an air assassination on a specific enemy. This means I have to spend ages shuffling along the outside of the ship, waiting to chuck someone overboard without being spotted, in order to only leave that one specific enemy alive in order to kill him in a specific way. And then I need to clear the other ship without being spotted. And if I’m spotted then I go all the way back to the beginning. And ammo bizarrely doesn’t regenerate on death. Truly maddening stuff. I finally cleared it after a good few hours but this platinum will definitely feel good once I get it.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I don't know how I feel about optional objectives and, by extension, specific challenge modes. Of course, it's great to give folks more to do, but they're often so pigging difficult. I booted up the Vanquish challenge mode a couple days ago thinking "maybe I can stick this out and finally complete them" and had to abandon the very first one after forty-five minutes of pure, unbridled rage. Congratulations on sticking with that mission; it'll certainly make the platinum sweeter!

@Arugula Good to hear positive thoughts on Mafia. I'm kinda tempted!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I'm still playing The Witcher 3, I started Hearts of Stone first, as advised and I am currently squaring off against the Toad "Prince" in the oxenfurt sewers after clearing the area of drowners. It seems on par with a Dark Souls challenge as dodging is everything, but this seems way better and way more challenging than vanilla TW3, better bosses, better characters, what's not to love? . Thoughts?

nessisonett

@Arugula My mum’s only got a few chapters left but it’s utterly brilliant. I can understand where the reviews are coming from with ‘cars handle terribly’ and some PS2 mission design but personally I love that aspect. Cars handle about as well as you’d expect them to since it’s the 30s and the linear mission structure gives us a type of game we don’t get anymore, a straight story without unnecessary padding.

Kidfried

@nessisonett "A type of game we don’t get anymore, a straight story without unnecessary padding" Wish the same thing could be said for Mafia 3.

Also, @nessisonett is gonna put me on their Ignore list now, but I've started playing Days Gone. I really wanted to play something survival-y. Deacon might be a douche, but Oregon is beautiful.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic