Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 6,460

jdv95

@Octane ah yes the hotel basement.

the part that feels more like horror than apocalyptic drama.

i'm ready for part 2's infected encounters to always feel like that. they realy doubled down on those for the game!

jdv95

Octane

@jdv95 Yeah, there are a few of those encounters, but the hotel basement tops it all.

I haven't playing this game in 5 years or so, and whilst I can't remember what I ate last week, I somehow have a perfect memory of the location of resources.

I think the dogs alone will change it up quite a lot. No more hiding.

Octane

andreoni79

@Octane I've just turned off the PS4 and I was playing that very section! I'm doing a NG+ on Hard (beat it on Hard in my first run in 2015).
I did a second run on Easy just for the collectibles two years ago, but the lack of challenge ruined the experience since feeling like a tank full of weapons and ammo doesn't match with survival horror, IMO.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

@jdv95 Small ones I hope; not the Days Gone hordes.

@andreoni79 Neat! I was tempted to do a NG+, but decided to start a regular playthrough. It makes up for the fact that I'm playing on normal, but I'm definitely tempted to fully upgrade all the weapons. Some day..!

Octane

themcnoisy

Current playing E Football PES 2020, its alright. The added close control is good, however concentrating the gameplay more on shielding and small motions to escape Defenders is more realistic yet ruins part of the puzzle like fun of the last 3 Pes games. In fact PES was always best when you are passing it around to create space for a clear chance, easily viewable like a game of chess. losing its way after PES 6 on the PS2 and now PES 2020 by concentrating on dribbling. By concentrating on dribbling Defenders get there quicker, it gets messy and you can get bogged down in weird animations, missed passes and lucky bounces. In a computer game these things make the game less fun. You can still pass it round the back quite easily but once your in midfield things go South, I have ended up using the same moves regularly to escape (small nudge up or down on the right stick before heading away from the defender) and it works every time. Through passes are less accurate and are now regularly over hit in the final third, which again is an attempt to get you to dribble and shield the ball.

So the gameplay is worse in my opinion. It's still a solid football game just worse than PES 18 in almost every way.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy PES 6 is still my favourite one cause the gameplay’s brilliant, Adriano’s the best player I’ve ever used in a sports game and Master League is incredibly deep. Plus you can play as Colonel Gaddafi’s son since he was playing for an Italian team then. Bonkers.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Sounds like what they tried with Fifa a few years ago, added loads of new animations and made player movement feel really odd. Fifa 20 is ok, movement is defo a lot better. I've stopped playing online as 1. I'm rubbish and 2. most games just play the same with the majority of people just waiting till you get close with a defender and pulling off all these fancy moves. I didn't like it and was making me a bit anxious. Against the AI is so much better as each team plays differently and is a challenge at professional difficulty and above.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@nessisonett Pes 6 was the last great Pes game until Pes 18. The ones last gen were truly awful.

@JohnnyShoulder Exactly that, the dribbling in a real game of footy makes players knackered it's why it's so infrequent. In Fifa it's every other move. My kids love it, as a spectacle there's nothing worse than watching someone play Fifa. PES 2020 isn't that bad yet, I think they have adjusted the gameplay in the same direction to make my club and the better players stand out. If there are more battles of stats on the pitch the better players will win out, rather than the better gamer with the better tactics.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

I’m still going with Tropico 6. I’m on the final mission and it’s great in that it incorporates all features of the game but good lord it’s long.

My economy keeps tanking at times as well so I get stuck trying to fix it (and spamming the request for cash from other countries). I had to reload an older save to try and get my economy on track before progressing to the modern era and getting invaded as my military was so weak.

I’m enjoying it still but will be glad to get this done at last! I’ll have one sandbox game to mop up some trophies and then move on.

Thrillho

Tobiaku

Currently playing Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal. Got it earlier this week. Played Hanzo chapter 1. Awsome game so far.

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

icecube

Finally got into Spiderman. What a great accidental PS Now purchase! Really, really good game. Love the story bits, love the action bits, love the mini game bits. I'll enjoy this for a few more weeks, that's for sure!

icecube

Thrillho

I've just got into Yakuza 4 and, as people on here have said, it's a bit weird not to playing as Kiryu to start with but hopefully the multiple stories means it's doesn't feel as dragged out as it sometimes feels.

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

About 20 hours into FF-X which I'm enjoying, Just got on the Al-Bhed airship. Started a playthrough of Last of Us on grounded mode and Wow it's like playing a different game from the normal setting!

MightyDemon82

Jaz007

I just started playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, so far it feels excellent and that they've really fixed. A genuinly worthy Star Wars game. Other than I've been plugging away in Sakuara Wars which is still gorgeous and I'm quite liking the characters and story. It's nice to have such a story-focused game where the gameplay is a smaller part. I hope to see more games like. Expanding on the multiple choice-dialouge while the game is so beautiful in other ways could be great. It could effectively open up a more slice-of-life style game genre. (This isn't slice of life, but the way it works could apply well to it).

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@icecube Hurrah for a fellow Spidey latecomer! Particularly like that you've singled out the minigames for praise, as I really enjoyed them as well. Hope you continue to enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Urgh, I really dislike Dark Souls 2. The pain of going through this game will hopefully be worth it once I can access the DLC but it’s so hard to bear. The Iron Keep is literally the worst area in any game I’ve ever played. It’s as if they realised the game was too easy so they decided to stick in 40 knights with an aggro range of the entire area along tight corridors with the possibility of falling into lava. If I wanted to be ganged up on by a bunch of guys in armour, I’m sure there’s websites for that kinda thing.

RogerRoger

nessisonett wrote:

If I wanted to be ganged up on by a bunch of guys in armour, I’m sure there’s websites for that kinda thing.

There are, but the armour is optional (...so I'm told).

You're perfectly describing why I could never, ever play a Soulsborne game there, by the way. Seeing so many people praise them so often, and seeing them frequently in the sales, it's nice to read an occasional reminder that I'm doing the right thing by swimming against the tide.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett wrote:

The Iron Keep is literally the worst area in any game I’ve ever played.

5-10 frames (Or however low it gets) Blightown on PS3 would like a word @nessisonett!

The aggro ranges are rather ridiculous though there in the Iron Keep... Honestly it's the fact it makes zero geographical sense from the poison valley that annoys me most

The dark souls experience in a funny-ish nutshell for you @RogerRoger

Untitled

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I personally prefer Blightown because at least it’s over quickly! Plus Quelaag is a great boss, compared to The Iron King, who I genuinely don’t know how you could die to. He just sits there waiting to die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic