Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 6,458

Black_Swordsman

Still playing Bloodborne. Does anyone know if there is a fast route from the Forbidden Woods lamp to the Shadows Of Yharnham boss fog?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

jdv95

jedi fallen order.

having a great time despite me not realy caring for star wars. (tbh i only bought it because i like the gameplay)

jdv95

RogerRoger

Ralizah wrote:

@RogerRoger I admire your sheer dedication to taking beautiful snaps. I wouldn't have the patience, lol.

@Ralizah Less dedication, more obsession, but thanks all the same!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Ok, I take back my complaints about Yakuza 4, Akiyama is pretty great. Only Yakuza could make me pull a 180 on a character in the space of a few chapters, his backstory is brilliant and ties in nicely with previous games. His kicks get a lot more powerful once you do his training too, I guess he’s just not as instantly gratifying to play as compared to Kiryu.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

J_Warrior

@jdv95 not really a star wars fan either, but I am interested in getting it- so you saying that kinda confirms that I might still enjoy despite not really getting into the lore.

"Do not mistake my silence for a lack of grief."

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah the ones in Origins were much improved from previous games and you can see that they took inspiration from The Witcher 3 for the side quests.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

@J_Warrior absolutely. the gameplay makes up for it.

it has platforming stuff simmilar to uncharted,some missions involve tombs kinda like tomb raider and the combat is a very light dark souls but way more friendly. it's all those games combined but in the star wars universe.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

MS7000

nessisonett wrote:

I started Yakuza 4 and yeah, it feels like a step down from 3 so far. The guy you play as near the beginning isn’t the most interesting person in the world so it’s hard to get invested in someone that isn’t Kiryu or Majima. His kicks do terrible damage as well so hopefully I can get him out the way. I like to think of this as the Midgar of Yakuza.

@nessisonett Yeah, to be perfectly honest, when I binged the rest of the Yakuza series (3.4.5 and 6 when the remastered collection came out), I thought that 4 was the worst of the bunch for me which is weird because I always thought 3 was meant to be the worst one (the one I enjoyed the best actually). But what I can say is that I feel the characters introduced in Yakuza 4 really do grow on you. The guy at the beginning feels weird to play, but stick with him, hopefully you'll like him as much as i did in the end. I do look forward to finding out what you think of the other characters when you see them.

EDIT: When I typed this out, I did not realise that I wasn't on the latest page. Good to see you are now enjoying Akiyama. I am still looking forward to seeing what you think of the other characters in Yakuza 4.

Anyway, I started playing Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair the other day as it came up in the NLife forums the other day as a really good game, so I figured I would try it. Bare in mind I have not yet played the original Yooka Laylee. I am enjoying it so far, it feels very reminiscent of Donkey Kong in terms of gameplay and collectibles, level design is fantastic. Total of 20 "chapters" on top of the "Impossible Lair" itself, and each level ("chapter") has two variants, which can be accessed by manipulating the overworld which is a cool concept. Based on what I have played, I still think that Donkey Kong is more enjoyable for me personally as I feel Donkey and co. control better and feel more responsive to what I want to do, but Yooka Laylee certainly is not bad control wise, just not quite as good as DK for me. I just have chapters 15-20 to finish before I take on the "Impossible Lair". Will see if my opinion changes or not, though I doubt it.

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD It might have helped that you had a break from the game. I do hear a common complaint about odyssey that it does feel a bit bloated. People like to hate on anything these days. Take CoD WW2 being on ps plus a week early, people are already being down on that. I mean everyone is quite rightly entitled to have their own opinions, but sometimes I do wonder if some are just being negative because it is 'cool' to do so. I don't get that type of mentality personally.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I spent good money on Odyssey, I committed 10-20 hours, I wanted to like it but I just thought it was total junk. I don't take great pleasure in wasting my time and money but I have given AC and Farcry both fair shakes in my time and I've only ended up disappointed.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Are you trying to be cool? Cos you have failed immensely.

Thrillho

@MS7000 I just finished the game this weekend (see the “Games you recently beat” thread) so I wish you good luck on the lair!

Playing it on PS4 have you a few checkpoints as you progress with the amount of bees you had at that point. The ice section in the middle of the lair is the worst bit so don’t get too disheartened there!

Thrillho

MS7000

@Thrillho Thanks. I am hoping to do the lair without the bees but only once I have completed the game so I at least have an idea of what to look out for.

KratosMD wrote:

And it's "cool" to hate on popular things. I've even started to see people hate on Animal Crossing because that's the only thing the internet's been talking about the past few months in terms of video games.

@KratosMD To be fair, hit the nail on the head there. I don't think Animal Crossing is a bad game, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't sick of seeing nothing but Animal Crossing when I am on the interwebs at the moment. I feel like a vocal minority eventually get annoyed to the point where they feel like putting the game down because people won't stop talking about it compared to whatever they like (perceived "injustice" I guess or something along those lines). This may sound spiteful, but you could also argue that there is also the fact that when something is popular, people will give it greater scrutiny compared to a small-time project simply because everyone knows about it. This can cause rebounds though as the criticism's are not necessarily flawed or with poor-intentions, but due to mob mentality, will only be seen as such by those who enjoyed the game which in turn, invigorates those who do have poor-intentions and criticize something for it's popularity rather than it's merits.

I don't fully agree with the mindset, but I can understand and in some way sympathize with it.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently playing Call Of Cthulhu again, I remember there were some trickier stealth and puzzle elements later on, from a previous playthrough, but right now I am just enjoying the way the story is unfolding and the search for clues for Pierce's investigation. I didn't complete it before, I aim to complete it this time. Last time I played it, I got stuck at the part where you have to follow the Shambler through doors and mirrors, in environments that looked exactly the same so it was easy to backtrack, even with the help of a Youtube guide, hopefully I'll do better this time.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

I’ve got a bit of a love/hate relationship with Tropico 6 right now.

I’m trying to finish the game but goddamn it’s annoying. Levels go wrong so quickly and often can’t be corrected without restarting. I’ve had to drop a couple down to easy as I just want to get through them now.

Despite that, I actually do like the game

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I have great memories of the original Tropico, my mum used to play it on our crap computer back in the day but I could never really get into the new ones. That’s probably due to the missions, they’re rather brutal at times!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Nice. I got Tropico 5 as a PS+ freebie and enjoyed it so had been waiting for T6 to come up in a sale.

I enjoy the humour (other than hearing the same jokes over and over and over) and like the fact that the simulation is not too in depth. But dear lord, it gets frustrating at times!

I do like the campaigns though as I find the sandbox modes on these sort of games can be a bit dull when you have no specific direction.

Thrillho

nessisonett

I decided to go back to Horizon as I haven’t gone near it in months. I don’t think any open world has caused as much fatigue as this one and honestly, it’s just OK. I’m going to beat it but it’s got possibly the least interesting gameplay I’ve played in a long time, the various tools just do nothing for me. I’m not a big fan of RPG-lite mechanics in games, either go the whole hog or just make it an action game because the health bars and levelling system aren’t engaging in the slightest. I wish I liked the game more but I just don’t see anything that elevates it above a 6 other than the pretty graphics and one of the best photo modes I’ve seen. I think I would have more fun if it was just a Pokemon Snap sequel and I could focus on taking pictures.

Edit: For the record, the opening 5 or 6 hours are incredible, I loved the Nora lands but afterwards it just dumps you in a massive empty world with lifeless NPCs, forgettable quests and collectibles that amount to ‘go to X and press X’. It felt like a massive dip in quality after those initial hours of the game.

Edited on by nessisonett

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic