Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 6,460

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I forgot you were replaying that. Ultra hard mode?

I think The Frozen Wilds would definitely be a bit much if I had randomly tacked it on to my main playthrough, considering it feels a bit like a microcosm of the main game so far.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Dear goodness, no! I'm on whatever's just above Story Mode.

Ah, of course, you took a break as well. Wise. I kept glancing up at the foggy area of the map once I'd reached Level 30 (the recommended entry level to the area) but you're right, the fact that it's a self-contained mini version made me wanna return to it after the story had concluded. It would've felt weird and jarring to organically merge with the main game.

Not only that, but those new weapons you mention would've made certain boss encounters in parts of the core story laughably easy. I'd miss my bow and arrow.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I've only got and been through the base game of Horizon so it'll be nice to hear your thoughts about the dlc @Ralizah & @RogerRoger!

Is it's plot a standalone adventure type thing or does it tie into the main narrative and might impact the eventual sequel too?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I picked up Frozen Wilds a while after completing the main game and couldn’t get into it at all. Mostly because the controls just felt so alien after so long away from the game and it’s a relatively high level area. I just ended up getting quite frustrated with it and haven’t been back to it since.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I had the exact same problem with The Witcher 3 when starting the DLC. You think after spending 300 odd hours in the game, something would had stuck. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The plot seems to be building up to revelations about Sylens and his past, so it's definitely not totally disconnected from the main game. But the big bad and challenges faced in the DLC seem to be distinct from what's happening in the rest of HZD.

@Thrillho I had no problem at all, and I stopped playing this... mid last year, I think. My brain seems to be wired to re-adapt to games fairly quickly. When I got Twilight Princess HD, I played for five hours or so and then stopped for three years. Then I picked it back up and finished it with no issues.

It definitely took me an hour or so to get used to flow of combat again, but I was good after that.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Me too but I stuck it out. I think I said on here before but I completed the base game before they introduced enemy scaling so previously low level packs of wolves could be taken down easily but coming back to the game rusty to the controls, and with the enemy scaling, meant I was being ripped apart by these “easy” enemies.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yes, as @Ralizah says (and without wanting to spoil anything) the DLC is both separate and connected. In many cases, it can depend on how long you wanna talk to people, and how much plot you wanna access. You could theoretically play out the action and then just walk away, satisfied you smashed up some big robots real good, but the more you ask, the more layers you reveal. I'm not usually one for standing around and talking, but I found it quite interesting to do so.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I'm still going with Outer Worlds (just finishing the last mission on Monarch) and think it's been good fun so far. It can get a bit overwhelming with the amount of missions that can pile up on one of the main planets and lots of little annoyances are almost standard Fallout ones (e.g. overabundance of resources, combat being a little dull).

I know lots of people had issues with the game and I'm curious what people on here had against the game if they didn't enjoy it.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I really liked it but expected it to be a whole lot longer. Like you said, there’s a lot of side quests on each planet and I methodically went through them so I partly feel like if I’d dipped in and out of the main quest while I went, it would have been better. The way I did it, the main quest felt like about 20 minutes on each planet and then off to the final boss. The characters were great and I loved the companion missions so it was a solid high 7 for me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah I really enjoyed it. My only gripes were that it got a bit easy once your companions had levelled up a bit and at around the half way point in was getting slightly bored by the samey mission structure. Adding to what @nessisonett mentions above, I really like the freedom you were given to tackle the game how you wanted to.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh I see @Ralizah & @RogerRoger thanks for the info 👍

I may trade in my older copy of Horizon and get the complete version. Especially if I can get the one with that nice slipcover that came out last year...

Plus it'll be nice to experience the DLC too. Just more Horizon is not a bad prospect at all, especially seeing as like you two I enjoyed it the game immensely 😁

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It took a lot of willpower not to order that fancy slipcover version...!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder I’ve had good fun so far and agree with you both that it is solid but not spectacular. It’s one of the few games I wish I had played on a higher difficulty though as I’m breezing through the game, especially with two companions with light machine guns giving 1000DPS each.

I seem to be really struggling to get the 50 companion kills for the trophy even though I try to let them finish off as many enemies as possible. I did accidentally get the one for killing an enemy with all elemental effects simultaneously though.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho You can change the difficulty at any time, however you will only get the trophy from whatever level you started at when you finish the game. I had to do it as my companions were killing the enemies before I had a chance to do anything, and it was getting boring lol.

HallowMoonshadow

My order of Shining Resonance Refrain (Which was indeed the launch edition so I have that nice tin slipcase) and Resident Evil Revelations 2 came saturday morning so after a little go of Shining Resonance I spent most the weekend playing Revelations 2 and picked Iconoclasts back up as well.

Iconoclasts

Every boss fight has been pretty inventive so far and each one feels unique which is something I really like. It's started to add some proper puzzling to the plaforming as well which is good. Still a bit basic here though.

I've just got past Mina's hometown and made it to the electric fields place to go to the One Concern Tower Elro being alive was both a surprise and not at the time.

Resi Revelations 2

I suck at this game 😂

Dunno why but it feels MUCH harder to me then any of the mainline survival horror titles in the series.

I had to restart the first chapter in fact because I couldn't escape the prison with my low ammo count as Claire and Moira (didn't lose too much progress but still probably the first Resi I've restarted due to being in an unwinnable situation).

The Barry sections have been easier though as it focuses a touch more on stealthy gameplay and for some reason he's utterly loaded with herbs and ammo whilst I'm scraping by as Claire and Moira. Even with invisible enemies in Barry's chapter 2 scenario 😮

I've completed up to Chapter/Episode 2 taking about 5/6 hours so far for the campaign (Though without restarts/retries it closer to 4 hours total with an hour on each side of the chapter).

I missed pretty much all the collectables though (I had no idea what I'm supposed to look for in the Barry chapters) so I'll go through on casual I think afterwards to get those

The Raid mode is good arcadey fun though and it's pretty cathartic to wail on all those zombies without mercy after the campaign making you all tense. All the different abilities the enemies can have is neat as well like barriers, elemental buffs, a 30 second death aura etc...

I think most of the "stages" are from Resident Evil 6 (I haven't played it so I guessing it's this?) which gives some nice variety to the locations as well!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

MightyDemon82

I finished Catherine Full Body on Saturday night which was a great game if a little frustrating at times. I picked up the Bayonetta/Vanquish collection and started Bayonetta which is great, at the same time i'm slowly progressing in Days Gone. I'm enjoying it but story is taking it's sweetf time, currently doing jobs around Iron Mike's camp!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Gremio108

@KratosMD I played Spyro last year and couldn't agree more. It's a joy to explore the levels, and I think I'm with you on preferring it to Crash

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Awev

Rayman Legens and Gang Beasts. Is there any of Trine games for PS4? Cause I played Trine 2 on PS3 and thinking about playing at Trine 4 on PS 4.

Just keep Spielen mit mir zum Spaß

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@Awev you can play the lot, I have the trilogy. Yet to purchase the latest one though!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic