Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 6,460

Gremio108

Burnout Paradise. Mixed impressions so far. I'm not sure I'm fully in love with the open world setting. More impressions to follow, when I've actually, y'know, properly played it.

@RR529 I finally completed Tearaway Unfolded recently. It's like some bizarre tribute to the Dualshock4. I really enjoyed it in the end.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Welcome to the Burnout Paradise Remastered club. It'll be interesting to hear your further thoughts because yeah, playing it this past week, I've been back and forth on whether I love everything about it, or whether it's mediocre at best.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

After Guacamelee 2, I've decided to go for something different and have just booted up Hitman as it's been sat there waiting for me since it came up on PS+

This is my first Hitman experience so I will be sure to let @RogerRoger know how it goes!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Cheers for the tag, and best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

No time for anything to delve into, just the occasional star wars bf2. And mainly just hero battles.

Elodin

Gremio108

@Arugula @RogerRoger I started to delve into Burnout Paradise a bit more today and I'm beginning to enjoy myself a bit more now I've memorised the map and know where some of the shortcutrs lead. You can really wipe the floor with your opponents if you take the right path. You can also end up on the other side of the map...

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Yeah, I got my S-Rank Licence the other night, and was still getting lost.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I'm currently on my B License, nearly at A. It's beginning to feel a wee bit grindy. I was planning on going for the platinum, but now I'm not sure. I was also planning on making it my first 'User Impressions' review, so watch this space I guess

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 It'll be interesting to hear your reaction to the "Upgrade in [X] Wins" threshold when you transition from B to A, if you're already feeling the grind.

Looking forward to reading your review!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Death Stranding.
1. Kojima’s mind for cinematography is on another level
2. This is freakier than most horror stuff at times
3. What the freak is happening in front of me right now

Jaz007

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I hit that milestone today. By that stage I was expecting the requirement to rise again, so my body was ready. I've been saving up the Burning Routes for when my garage was a little bigger, so I'm working my way through them now. They don't seem to increase in difficulty like the other events, so I think I've hit upon a decent strategy...

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Wise move. I had to resort to cheating (ish) for my last couple races.

Making It So Since 1987

Genrou

Still plugging away at River City Girls according to my save file I am 54% complete. Still enjoying the game but the screen lock sections of the game are beginning to get annoying. They feel overly cheap like the game decided to throw them in when you either are doing too well or have to much money saved up. They are going to be a p.i.t.a to get one of the trophies.

Genrou

RR529

The Last Labyrinth on PSVR.

I blew through the first 5 or six puzzles in the first hour, triggering the first credits screen, but since then the difficulty has gotten much more stiff (usually taking me 30 minutes to an hour to clear any given puzzle), with a new "ending" popping up every 3 puzzles.

It definitely has a creepy vibe, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kidfried

I'm playing the first Shenmue right now, which is an absolute gem. I played the game before, but for some reason everything is clicking this time.

I especially like the time-based stuff. Sure, the downside is having to wait for some event, but on the upside it feels like you're actually engaging with the world.

It's one of the greats for sure.

On the other hand I've been playing Thronebreaker quite a bit and am now nearing the end, with pretty much everything completed. This game must have been the most overlooked game of last year.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RR529

Recently started up Batman: Return to Arkham City.

Not too deep into it yet, but I will say it is fun zipping across the city via the grapple gun & gliding (much more freeing than Asylum was), though the atmosphere has noticeably taken a hit as a tradeoff (the area is obviously run down, but it's not nearly as oppressive/horrorish as Asylum).

Not sure which upgrades to obtain first though, as there's more on offer than Asylum, especially given you have to upgrade Catwoman as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Just in time for the rumours surrounding the next Arkham game to resurface! Here's hoping you enjoy it, although it remains my least-favourite game of the series (as you've already noted, the atmosphere and overall tone is severely lacking).

I'd always recommend alternating combat and gadget upgrades with health and armour, because you'll definitely need the latter two the further you progress.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Oh wow, so I'm not the only one who was kind of... underwhelmed by Arkham City.

It's not a bad game, but it does lack the atmosphere and level design of the first game, and, imo, despite the Bat-tank segments (which I didn't really mind, personally), Arkham Knight felt like the game City should have been in terms of the open world game design.

Although I still need to play Origins and Blackgate.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Nope, completely agreed. Arkham City suffers for being a "bigger" sequel in almost every way. There are moments of genius, which I won't elaborate on here in case those playing it for the first time are reading, but the whole thing feels a bit aimless until the final five minutes, when it becomes clear that we're in the middle of a trilogy. Arkham Knight is a much more coherent, focused experience, even with the Bat-Tank (which, like you, I enjoyed enough for what it was).

Arkham Origins is basically Arkham City, but with a much better and more consistent atmosphere and character tone, and featuring a self-contained, satisfyingly-complete story. Proof that games don't live or die by gameplay alone.

Blackgate is its own special thing. So unique, it's almost impossible to compare. Whether that's good or bad, well... that's up to the player to decide, I'd say. I like it.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

After a deep breath and a moment to come to terms with the fact that it's actually happening, I started Shenmue III. Early impressions are good, it seems to be roughly what I was hoping for, without getting too carried away; namely a graphical improvement on the first two while retaining some of the stilted dialogue of old.

Only one sticking point so far: In an attempt to please the patient fans, it feels like too much has been stuffed into the opening. From what we saw of Bailu Village at the end of Shenmue II, it's a tiny settlement in the middle of nowhere. To emerge from the cave and find toy capsule machines and lucky hit boards knocking about feels jarring. I'd have happily waited until a bigger settlement later in the game to encounter these old faves, they feel oddly out of place here.

I'm being very picky there though. This is clearly a game I'm going to enjoy a lot, and I'll be playing it well into the new year.

Edited on by Gremio108

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic