Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 6,460

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It's great for turning your brain off and just playing. No story or characters to worry about, just pure fun. Which is something we all need from time to time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

Currently playing Need For Speed Heat, though I only have about an hour left of the trial . It is definitely the best the series has for a LONG time. Really is essentially "Underground 3" in a lot of ways m

redd214

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Absolutely agreed. The fact that, after a couple loading screens and a licencing agreement, I was literally free to drive around and do whatever I fancied... it's an excellent approach. The smart way it keeps track of what you've done and haven't done, and will just briefly give you enough information whenever starting anything new, is appreciated.

@redd214 I think it was some of the Need for Speed Heat previews which subconsciously drew me towards Burnout. Glad to hear it's made a positive impression on you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger Thanks, I bought Burnout Remastered a couple months ago when it was $5 but honestly I don't think I will ever get time for it lol. Game is spectacular though, I got the platinum on the ps3 version, tons of content in there too. Glad you're liking it!

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Can't imagine how long that platinum took you! Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Come to think of it, I had a very similar experience to the game as you when I played it on 360. Plus the awful DJ/Announcer did my head in. I think they patched in a way so he wasn't as in your face, but I had long gotten rid of the game, and I think there is an option in the remaster too.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I haven't found an option to turn him off, alas, so he still periodically says random, buzzword-laced nonsense over my music. I don't mind him laying out a course or telling me about a new Rival car, but the "hip" jokes are pretty weak. I'll take a closer look in the settings; of course, it being a digital release, there's no manual to refer to, but there isn't a controls menu, either.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Ah my mistake, after a bit of googling it turns out there is no way to turn him off on consoles, only by nodding it on pc.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/10/29/burnout-paradise-...

EDIT: Oh actually, I think there might be a way. In the pause menu, in the 'under the hood' option you can turn tips off, which is mostly what he says. I think eventually he STFU the more you progress.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder No worries; since there's no manual or controller layout page, I've kept tips and tutorials switched on as I get to grips with everything. After a day or two, I'll go in and switch 'em off. Thanks!

Despite him being a fool, since he's the only voice I ever hear, I think it'd be lonely without him.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder "pure fun"

In going to argue against that. A game like Onrush is pure fun. But a big chunk of your time spent in Burnout Paradise is driving to the next race. Especially if you fail a race and have to drive back to the starting line.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@RogerRoger it took me only 20 hours to plat, I think. It's less hard than I expected beforehand.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

redd214

@Kidfried incorrect, You can restart instantly from the free burn menu, don't need to drive all the way back. I remember not finding out about that until I was hours into playing.

redd214

FalconIX

Currently playing BB Tag and will start the trail for NFS Heat today. Will also be jumping back into Burnout as soon as I am done with NFS Heat Trail

Edited on by FalconIX

FalconIX

PSN: Siege_FalconIX

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried For you maybe, but I did not enjoy Onrush at all.

Burnout Paradise is the most fun I've had with a racing/driving game this gen. Not that I play loads of them though.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, I've noticed that I'm getting quite a lot from the main game's list quite quickly, but all the separate DLC lists below it are what I find intimidating. Given that, back on PS3, it was all one big list I can see now how the platinum is almost attainable...

...were it not for the trophy requiring for eight players to meet up in the baseball stadium online.

Also, don't beat yourself up about the restart option. Both the offline and online modes are called Freeburn, so I never went anywhere near the menu thinking it was a multiplayer thing. That's a confusing design choice, one I'd totally forgotten about when spending fifteen minutes commuting back to the start of a particular car's specific event yesterday. Le sigh.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I made a start on Guacamelee 2 last night and it’s not of the same which is absolutely fine by me.

Opening spoilers..

It’s quite neat that the game opens with you fighting the final boss from the first game but much much easier. The trophy for finishing the fight is called “I remember that being harder” which I did enjoy

It’s such an easy game to get sucked into though as I only started it for a quick blast and ended up playing for a couple of hours.

Thrillho

PunkRx_Lockly

Currently playing Outer Worlds and Dishonored. Spacepunk, Steampunk. Anything punk, lol.

Don't try to copy other people; it just takes away from your own creative power and unique self. Amp your own style and play the way YOU want to. That's what makes gaming a personally rewarding experience — self-expression.

gusglez

I am playing Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (co op) and Torchlight 2 (single).

gusglez

RR529

After playing the first two games back to back I've decided to take a lengthy break from the .Hack G.U. collection. Story is pretty interesting, but the core dungeon crawling gameplay gets a bit dull after awhile (especially since they only have a few different environmental themes, and often feel like padding to stretch out the story or otherwise more interesting sections).

Anyhow, I've jumped into Tearaway Unfolded, which is off to a good first impression. Takes a bit for the platforming itself to really start coming into play (you don't even gain the ability to independently jump until the tail end of the second area), but it seems to be one of the few titles I've played that seems to make meaningful use of things like the controller's touchpad & gyro (and even the Playstation Camera, which is used to show a window into the real world, through a literal tear in the sky), and it's full of charm.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic