Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 6,458

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I was gonna drop back in and try out the Droidekas at some point, so I'll do just that; thanks for the heads-up. I tried the other Starfighter Assault mode in Arcade only very briefly because I found the enemy A.I. to be kinda dumb, and I got caught up taking pretty pictures in the on-foot modes, so I'll have a proper explore.

Have you at least gotten a little enjoyment out of the game?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
It's a shame - also, the AI in Onslaught seems a little knackered too. on rookie it's proper 'fish in a barrel' territory - move it up to normal and the first wave is relentless, then they all go to sleep before no more appear altogether.
The team mode works fine though, and is plenty of fun; there's always online too - I just want the option of having the sp wave shooter gameplay.

It's pretty tough getting screenshots - but I've managed a few nice ones. I'll post them later.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah yeah, I might've been playing on Rookie.

If you ever want a wingman, feel free to tag me. No pressure and I might have to say no anyway (thank you, real life) but there'll always be a spare hour somewhere.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
They're dumb as bricks on Rookie, crash themselves a lot!
Did you ever read the EU stuff about how the Imperial forces crumbled so quickly over Endor after The Emperor died because his influence made them better pilots and such? I imagine it like that

Cool.
I need to have more of a play with the game and get some star cards and what not anyway - so online is definitely an option.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'd never heard that before, but makes perfect sense!

Some made me laugh. They'd strafe past me with torpedoes and then just fly away in a dead-straight line. They didn't even move when I got a lock on them myself.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I think it was mentioned in Heir to the Empire...

Perhaps that TLJ throne room fight is pervasive?!

Gremio108

@KratosMD Exactly, well put. I think the fact that it was a launch title didn't help. It can't have felt like a brave new dawn for someone booting up their shiny new console back in 2014, but here in the present day with no expectations it's quite good.

I've got Knack 2 as well, I've watched the kids play some of it and it looks like a far more polished game, so I'm looking forward to that. I'll probably carry straight on into the second one.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Dude, you weren't kidding! Booted up Star Wars: Battlefront II and created an offline Arcade round of Starfighter Onslaught. After an intense opening minute, during which the first twenty enemies reduced me to space-dust several times, everybody just kinda... gave up. A few curious stragglers would periodically wander into range and take a pot-shot or two, but they'd invariably give up if I showed any kind of resistance. So very bizarre!

I was playing as the CIS against the Clone Army, so I wondered if there was some kinda Order 66 deal going on. Maybe it was one of the earlier orders, like Order 47 or something... "The time has come; give up halfway through and just fly away!"

But in going back to check the game out, I had a heck of a lot of fun in the other modes. I'd yet to try the new Droideka unit and so played a few rounds of Capital Supremacy, which is locked to the prequel era, and I lucked out by consecutively being put in the ranks of the CIS, so I had plenty of opportunity to roll around the battlefield, deploying my shield and mowing down clones with my blaster arms. I even got to play as a hero a couple times, which almost never happens! At key points, both Dooku and Grievous were free and I managed to level Dooku up a couple tiers (it was Double XP last night, for whatever reason; it's gone today, alas).

All that gave me the 5,000 extra credits I needed for Anakin's armour from The Clone Wars, which I'd saved up for before it was released but then greedy EA made it more expensive than Obi-Wan's equivalent had been at launch. I'm a happy nerd today!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

.... Despite my grievences with the incoming MTX and that horrible rotating store I'm still playing Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled for an hour or so a day :')

Saving up all the coins I can for the Spyro Grand Prix next month as I probably won't be able to play it anywhere near as much and I'm sure as heck not missing out on that like I missed Isabella!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I tried it again last night. Shouldn't have bothered 😂

Did some online Starfighter Assault which was pretty fun, though I was mostly mid-scoreboard at best.

Played Galactic Assault too - which very much confirmed that I'm not very good at it 😂

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've very much left TSR at the wayside... I'll get back to it though I'm sure.

Just waiting on the shock 'we're adding everything from Transformed to the game' announcement 😂😂😭

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON When I'm in the mood for it, Starfighter Assault can be pretty great online. There's always the risk of running into an ace who'll just ruin your day, but it feels a much more level playing field than some of the other modes (although they've updated Heroes Vs. Villains to prevent one person being the target on each team, which is awesome).

If you do wanna give it another shot, I'd recommend playing some of the smaller ground-based modes to hone your skills before venturing into Galactic Assault. You're far less likely to be cheaply picked off by a sniper or get lost in the crowds of laser fire, and you'll level up your favourite classes enough to unlock some helpful Star Cards and better blasters. I'm always mid-to-low on the score table for Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy because it's simply too big and overwhelming to make any kind of individual impact, but I can also consistently manage mid-to-high placements for things like Blast (because the maps are smaller and the action tighter, so it's less about tactics and more about reaction time), Extraction and Strike (where I play the objectives as much as I shoot things, giving me a halfway-decent score which translates into XP for my characters).

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Good advice. I'll try that out.

I've just scored 6 months free Amazon Prime Video, so going to start The Boys. May chuck an hour or 3 on BF over the weekend though.

Tasuki

It's crunch time for me. I am trying to wrap up Borderlands Game of the Year Edition and have time to do the BL2 DLC before Borderlands 3 comes out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

I have been playing Far Cry New Dawn and I'm actually liking it more than FC5.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Thrillho

@Tasuki Have you played the BL2 DLC before? And you know about the ability to create a level 30 character now right? It's not immediately obvious how to do it as starting a new game does just that but if you choose to create a new character on the start screen then the option to create your lvl30 vault hunter appears.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Tasuki Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is the best of the bunch by a long way. Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is okay but skippable if you don't have time. Fight For Sanctuary is okay but links some story together and has nods to the Telltale game too.

The other two I played on PS3 and didn't bother with again. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty is good fun but Mr Torgue's one isn't that great. The head-hunter missions are quite funny and mostly just have one main mission and a side mission each, with a good raid boss to finish each one (although mine were all level locked way beneath where I was so I breezed through them).

Basically, definitely play Dragon Keep and seeing as you're well in the Borderlands groove, Fight For Sanctuary is worth playing too.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Tasuki @Thrillho Funnily enough I finished Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt last night. Just Fight For Sanctuary to do before Borderlands 3 comes out, although I'd like to play the Claptastic Voyage DLC for the Pre-Sequel if I get chance.

So far my personal ranking would be:
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Captain Scarlett's Pirate Booty
Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

They're all good fun, but I'd focus on Dragon Keep if you find time is running out!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Tasuki

@Thrillho Oh I played some of the DLC Captain Scarlett and Torque's but I haven't done the newest one. And I did Tiny Tina's and Hammerlocks on the 360 a few years ago.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic