Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! For some reason I stopped tagging you in the Detroit topic, by the way, apologies for that. No idea how that happened!

Here's hoping your time with Batman: Arkham Knight improves. I'd definitely agree that the game takes a little while to build momentum. There'll be a moment, perhaps in your next play session with it, where things truly kick off and start to develop; with any luck, that'll draw you in a little more. And whilst the Batmobile is definitely "love it or hate it" and therefore nothing anybody can say will change your mind about it, at least the handling should improve slightly the more you play... heck, I loved it, and I still ended up having to restart from several checkpoints because I'd wrapped it around a lamppost or flipped it into the river. Props for reading the comic! I've got them on my shelf but have never dipped in. I really should.

As for your experience with Subnautica, I've done that so many times with big games; felt that I was running out of patience with it, only to push myself to do the next quest / explore the next area and suddenly bam! I'm hooked again. Glad to hear it still has hold of you!

Thanks for your honest thoughts. You're right, stuff like "base building" would've turned me off, so I'm specifically glad to hear that sticking with it is worthwhile. The crafting menus in No Man's Sky were a bit of a pain for me; I simply didn't enjoy myself when I spent more time in them than I did flying my cargo shuttle from planet to planet. I'd likely play each part of the game (crafting, exploring, etc.) in chunks, getting as far as I can before being forced to spend a couple hours upgrading and building the tools I need to advance. Is that how you've played?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No worries about not tagging me in the Detroit thread, you and TheSolution had all the bases covered and I would have chimed in if felt I could add anything to the discussion.

Good to hear about Batman AK, I see how I feel about what I want to play next when I'm finished with Subnautica.

Crafting feels a bit more streamlined than in NMS. You can basically collect most resources by hand, there are only one or two items that you have to chip away at and it does not feel as laberous as in NMS. You then go back to base and 3D print your stuff.
Building once you have the tool, you just select what you wanna build and where, and your are good to go. There are restrictions like you can only build certain buildings on a flat surface, but there is also foundations which you can build which solves that issue.
The gameplay loop which works for me is to go exploring/scavenging and then back to base and craft whatever I can. Sometimes I go just scavenging for a particular resource such food or a particular material I need for a building. But most of the time I'm combining exploring/scavenging and I have a mental checklist of what I need to look out for.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yes, I'd imagine that smashing thugs' faces over your armour-clad knees will be quite a tonal shift when you're done with Subnautica. Given how hot it's gonna be this week, I don't blame you for sticking with the chill game!

It certainly sounds like an experience with a better balance than No Man's Sky. Once I've made a bigger dent in my backlog, I'll look at picking it up. Cheers for your thoughts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah that was another reason why I've kept playing Subnautica, especially with how hot it has been this week!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PunkRx_Lockly

Right now I'm playing Tomb Raider and Yakuza Kiwami 2. Surprise, lol.

Don't try to copy other people; it just takes away from your own creative power and unique self. Amp your own style and play the way YOU want to. That's what makes gaming a personally rewarding experience — self-expression.

RogerRoger

@PunkRx_Lockly It's always nice to see another fan of Ms. Croft grace the place. Welcome!

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

PunkRx_Lockly

@RogerRoger XD Thank you! Believe it or not, Tomb Raider was my first game ever.

Don't try to copy other people; it just takes away from your own creative power and unique self. Amp your own style and play the way YOU want to. That's what makes gaming a personally rewarding experience — self-expression.

RogerRoger

@PunkRx_Lockly Don't worry; given your avatar, I totally believe you!

I seem to be in a bit of a Tomb Raider mood at the moment myself, so your timing is impeccable.

Making It So Since 1987

PunkRx_Lockly

@RogerRoger Glad to get you back on the right track then, heh. Happy raiding.

RogerRoger

@PunkRx_Lockly Thanks; same to you!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Horizon Chase Turbo. It's not a brilliant game, but with Outrun being among my favorite all time games, and this game being extremely addictive... I just cannot stop.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Played about 30 mins of the demo's for Oninaki and Catherine: Full Body today along with a few hours of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Oninaki felt a little slow and clunky to me... or maybe I was just expecting it go be a bit faster? I dunno something about the gameplay seemed off. I'll try it again tomorrow and see if i think differently

Catherine: Full Body. Never played the PS3 release. Knew about it of course but never got around to it. Weird they don't let you play on a difficulty above Safety though. Neat that there's an autoplay button on Safety mode though if you wanna experience the story but suck at puzzles. Seems pretty fun.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled It's a very enjoyable game... Extremely pretty, the controls are very nice and the 30fps doesn't bother me at all.

The games as a service business model they have for the Nitro league and the staying online for coins to use in the pit stop is really crappy though... If it was anything else I wouldn't have gotten it (at least this soon as I don't agree with the practice) but CTR is one my favourite PS1 games.

• On Easy I can easily lap the CPU'S.
  • On Medium I can usually get about a half a lap lead but on some of the more difficult tracks it can get a big hairy.
  • On Hard though I get absolutely creamed no matter what. Like last place constantly.

That difficulty is wonky as hell! 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RR529

Think I'm getting close to the finale of Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum. In my last play session I beat the Poison Ivy fight, and it looks like I only have the final showdown with the Joker left.

I have about a dozen or so collectables left to get, so I'll probably try to mop those up first. I'm afraid it may be impossible for me to get them all though, as I'm apparently missing some Joker Teeth in the mansion, but after checking all the rooms twice over I can't for the life of me find any (it doesn't help that they're the only challenges that don't show up on the Riddler maps).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 I remember reading about a lot of people struggling to find three sets of Joker Teeth in the mansion. I also remember where they are, so if you'd like some assistance (anything from a vague hint to basically just saying "they're over here") then let me know. Providing they're the same ones you're missing, they are still in there, and are accessible; despite feeling like it in a couple locations, nothing gets blocked off forever, as far as I can recall.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Finished the demo's of Oninaki & Catherine: Full Body and played some more Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Oninaki

Yesterday I hadn't even done the first mission before stopping.

Having played it through now fully I'm not interested in the full release in the slightest (Not that I really knew about it before seeing the PushSquare article for the demo)

The combat seems a bit janky still, even when I could try the battle mode with the extra moves and spirits.

The art style seems a little bland and I dunno... the models aren't chibi but they don't look normal either. Like some weird cross between the two and I'm not a fan, plus the monsters are kinda boring looking.

The lack of music at times is weird. It's not like it uses music for big events like say Dark souls and Bosses to really prop them up as events. It's just like someone forgot to put a track in.

The story also kinda threw me off a bit and overall it just convinced me this isn't my thing in the slightest

Catherine: Full Body

Muuuuuuch better then my other demo playthrough. Only bad thing is it's just too darn short!

I remember hearing this being one of Troy Baker's roles before he got really big... So I'm pretty glad they actually didn't skimp out on the voice actor budget and brought him back! Plus looking up the ENG cast from the original release they seem to have brought everyone back so that's a really nice!

The puzzling stuff is pretty fun too though I don't think I'll be able to do anything above normal... The fact there's a normal mode and a new remixed mode is nice too to switch it up for people who've akready played it or are going fot a secomd playthrough

Definitely looking forward to it's release!

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Making my peace with the always online bit to get Wumpa coins... It's very fun to play.

The new Egyptian & Arabian themed track is pretty nice and I'm looking forward to the next one. The fact there's the Nitro Kart tracks already in as well means there's a good amount of content!

The customisation aspect is nice too. The skins, karts, stickers and all that. Be nicer if some of it wasn't tied to the nitro league stuff though to get more points from the challenges... But at least you can unlock a decent amount just from playing the Adventure mode

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Tokyo RPG Factory can't make a great game to save their life. I thought Oninaki's theme and setting were interesting, and I like the XC2-esque ghosts you can collect and use, but otherwise, the janky combat, low-rent presentation, and weird lack of music didn't really impress me.

I might still get it one day, but only when there's a deep sale.

If nothing else, it's more interesting than I Am Setsuna or Lost Sphear.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh this is by the same studio that made those two games? @Ralizah

I've heard of them but I don't know anything about them at all... Those aren't great either?

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, Tokyo RPG Factory's output seems to be regarded as fairly mediocre by most people I talk to. A lot of us were hoping Oninaki would be their breakthrough game, but... that's not looking like it's going to be the case.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh I see... That's a shame then @Ralizah

Hopefully the next one will be better then... Like you said I thought the Deamons were alright (reminded me a bit of Folklore) just it was lacking general polish to the whole thing

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

andreoni79

Played the first two chapters of Until Dawn and since now it has been a costant yawning. Zero gameplay, wonky controls, stupid jumpscarrs and annoying characters... Let's hope it gets better soon.

EDIT: Well, chapter 3 and 4 were surely better! Now that everyone is in danger, they are are way more interesting especially since they stopped their stupis chatter!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic