Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 5,729

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Surprising that the Spider-Man plat percentage is that low!

I suppose it does have a ridiculously large number of players though 🤔

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

@themcnoisy The Dark Souls games (and Bloodborne) have ones for getting multiple endings. While I love the games, I have absolutely no intention of replaying them or tinkering with a late game cloud based save or something to get them.

The Yakuza games are some of the most frustrating for trophies as they often need a second run but also getting 100% on the completion list which normally includes playing mahjong and other random games. I’m certainly not learning that game just for a trophy! And Kiwami 2 even has a sub story related to mahjong so there’s another trophy I’ll miss..

Generally though, if I know I’m not going to get near the platinum it doesn’t bother me too much but it can be annoying when something like that stops you getting the last one.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KALofKRYPTON If you look at trophies for a lot of games, I always find it amazing how few people actually even get to the end of many games; the difference in percentage completed for early and end game trophies can be quite significant at times. Especially on PS+ freebies.

Thrillho

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho I very rarely finish games.

I have plenty that I've put many hours in to and have Bugger all trophies to show for it too 😂

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@Thrillho @KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I think I’ve noted this before in the past but it’s weird that my rarest platinum is Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, which is only 3%. The platinum is quite easy and straightforward if you just put a little effort into getting collectibles, it’s a short game that’s easy to plat with a guide. But like you say, it being a PS Plus freebie means a lot of people booted it up and didn’t play it very far.
Still, I spent hours doing post game grinding in the mini game and spending coins on the monomachine in Danganronpa to get that platinum, which was relatively tedious and required large commitment past when the game ceased being amusing and that platinum is held by 9.7% of players. One of my plats, NieR Automata can actually be purchased with in game currency (which I remember having plenty of at the end) really easily and quickly in the late game base camp vendor - yet only 9.1% of people have it. (Come to think of it that’s probably largely due to many players not making it through all three main playthroughs to see the end, which is a cryin’ shame)
Most surprising, The Order 1886, a game much maligned for its short run time, only has 6.3% platinum rate, and it is a really easy platinum. The only real obstacle as I recall is just getting all the collectibles.

Edit:
Actually my rarest is PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. I keep forgetting about that game. 2.2% platinum rate for a game that is so easy — basically just compete the Arcade mode with all the characters. Probably could be done in a weekend, as I recall. And the game is an under-rated good time, imo.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I missed the plat for The Order 1886. Was pretty sure I'd picked up everything, but with nothing to track them in game, I've got no idea what I missed! So I didn't play through it again.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, it’s true that the game would be pretty tedious to replay, despite the fact that I quite liked it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I really enjoyed it. Had there been a way in-game to track the collectibles, I probably would've replayed it.

themcnoisy

@Thrillho @Th3solution There's a multitude of reasons why you don't finish games all the way through. I'm a big gamer like you 2 so have more of a tendency to look at the completion percentage. That is definitely not the same for my 4 gamer mates in work!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Yeah, like that model who plays the face of Dina in TLoU2 - I watched that video on the article today where she says she started playing the first game but only made it halfway through until she lost access to the PS4 and so she just never finished it. What?! You’re actually in the game’s sequel! Don’t you want to know how the game ends and where these characters come from?! You can’t be bothered to get a PS4 and finish the game? 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

themcnoisy

@Th3solution off the top of my head. Big games I played for one / two sessions at 4 hours or less off the top of my head.

Devil May Cry 5 (no idea what was going on and hated the characters)
Dragon Age Inquisition (I made a multi coloured dwarf and he was the special hero of the universe apparently completely unearned)
Breath of the Wild (regardless of the glowing reviews it came after Horizon and MGS5 and imo didn't improve anything in the genre)
Bloodborne (Died 3 times near the same point and couldn't be bothered)
Witcher 3 (had to chase a dwarf thief around a house and thought nope this is not for me)
Uncharted 4 (dislike Drake and his brother was even worse)

Also bar U4 and Bloodborne which if I'm honest are great but just not for me. The others in that list are overrated in my eyes. Devil May Cry is rubbish. Dragon Age is just as rubbish. Breath of the wild was an average open world game with a couple of good mechanics and a zelda skin. Witcher 3 was a below average action RPG saved by its story telling but its weak swordplay and huge Map put me off.

There's more but I can't think off the top of my head.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've got 54 out of 100 trophies in Shadow of the Tomb Raider with a completion percentage of 45%. Yup, there is something seriously f'd up! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution

On one hand, having a lot of extra trophies for DLC is nice for those who play them, but having half of the game’s total trophies invested in the DLC seems a little skewed.

Hitman 2 initially frustrated me when it separated its paid Expansion Pass content out into a separate trophy list; not a separate subtitle, a completely new list, as though the levels themselves were a totally separate game. I like to keep things neat and tidy and having Hitman 2 trophies scattered about in multiple locations triggered my OCD something rotten.

Having just read your comment quoted above, I now think IO Interactive deserve applause for what they've done. Players with the base game who haven't coughed up for the Expansion Pass won't feel pressured into getting it for the sake of their trophy percentage.

Thanks for inadvertently changing my mind about something. Love it when that happens.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I think the game I have with the highest percentage of people making it to the end credits is Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory with something like 30% which is quite impressive considering something like Fallout 4 where 5-10% don't even make it past the first ten minutes.

Bloodborne or Dark Souls III could potentially have higher percentages but with trophies split for alternate endings it's impossible to tell.

Not to mention for Digimon it could be 30% of 10,000 people whilst DS and BB have 10% or so from 2 million people...

My highest platinum is Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy which I think is at least 25% and is quite easy to get. Dark Cloud's is a good 15% or so too and not that challenging either.

Not sure what my lowest Plat is but my lowest trophies overall are from Dragon Age: Inquistion and the Trespasser DLC

The Fool (get to skyhold being lower then level 5)
& The Lovers (Get to Halamshiral with all companions with the disapproval meter going up twice as fast)

They both have 0.3% acquisition.

Not sure why I decided to get them myself honestly... Not much of a trophy Hunter. Least not on purpose

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy 0.3% is a really rare trophy! Wow!
I play quite a few Telltale and story/walking sim-ish games (Virginia, Gone Home, EGTTR, Life is Strange, Firewatch, etc, etc) and the platinums for those tend to be much easier. The highest I have looks to be The Walking Dead: A New Frontier which has 55% platinum / completion rate. Most of the Telltale completions rates hover around 20-30%.

HallowMoonshadow

Pretty sure they're bronze trophies as well @Th3solution ... Just nobody has bothered with such silly challenges for the main game that you need to do on a second playthrough that came from an endgame/epilogue dlc
😂

55% is insane for a platinum... I think most of the games I have people drop off not even halfway through.

I think Wild Arms 3's first trophy comes after about an hour and a half of playtime... and it's only acquired by like 40% of people which is the single worst drop off I've ever seen on one of those lists.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Lol, yeah that’s a huge drop off before even the first trophy in Wild Arms 3. 😆
I have to admit, I get a little annoyed when it takes too long for the first trophy to “chime.” Or if too much play time passes between trophies. I like a steady stream popping up, confirming that I’m making progress.

HallowMoonshadow

Soooo my info in comment #901 was actually pretty off the mark

For Dark Cloud The platinum trophy is actually only obtained by 5.4% of people not 15% like I thought

And Jak and Daxter's (PS3 version I should clarify) is 17.4%

S'what happens when you go by vague recollection then actually looking lol

I was right about wild arms 3 though, with only 43% of people getting the first story related trophy (and the first trophy you can get)

I have 7 platinums overall (Dark Cloud, Dark Souls II: SotFS, Bloodborne, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Jak and Daxter & Persona 5) with Persona 5 having only 2.5%
and the lowest of the ones I have

And as of three hours ago... I got a 0.2% Gold trophy from Let It Die

Untitled

I really like when developers actually bother with the trophy icon... It's neat

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I got a 0.3% trophy from Tomb Raider the other day. Yeah it irks me when the trophy images are all the same.

I was gonna 100% the map on Shadow of the Tomb Raider, unfortunately I'm stuck at 98% as one of the challenges has glitched on me and I can't complete it, which also means I can't do the two others after it.

Weirdly a similar thing happened to me on the 2013 Tomb Raider on the 360, where the achievement for getting the map to 100% did not register, even though in the game I had 100%.

I must be jinxed at getting the trophy/achievement for getting the map to 100% in these games!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I think I've only had one trophy that's buggered up and didn't pop up @JohnnyShoulder and another was due to a game bug

The one that didn't pop up was one for Until Dawn... I think it was the Shoot Emily one.

And the bug one was unsurprisingly a Bethesda title. Specifically the 100% settlement happiness one in Fallout 4 cus... Like I was ever getting that in that bugtastic release lol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic