Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 5,757

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth. It's a fun one. Continues the trend of recent Yakuza games having much less intense trophy lists. Still have to play a lot of it but you don't need to do every single thing.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Voltan

Ubisoft fixed their game so:

Platinum #54 - Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown
Great game and fun plat - took me about 30h

My game completion is at 97.5% but I don't think I wanna bother getting 100% after they made me wait for a patch

Edit:
Aaaaand Platinum #55 - Tekken 8
A pretty easy one - game basically has you complete the single player mode + try every available game mode and use every battle mechanic once.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

CaptD

Well done on recent platinums and to Ubisoft for fixing theirs.

My recent ones are...
Awesome asteroids PSVR.1 - Can't beat some spacey action in VR. 2/10 difficulty, cross buy as well so I have it in VR2 to look forward, eventually.

Call of Cthulhu - Not bad, good story and you can't beat some wacky Lovecraft action.
However the platinum is not fun with lots of missables so I followed a guide as it really is a one and done sort of game. 3/10 difficulty. 15 hours.

CaptD

CaptD

@sorteddan I see there is some Warhammer crossover dlc coming for Powerwash so I had a look on psnprofiles forums and they posted a tweet from the Devs to say that the trophy will be fixed in the update on the 27th Feb.
Hopefully then you will be sorted Dan.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Wow. That was so long ago it will be like getting a free plat.
Congrats on your latest double.

Oh, and I'm ALWAYS sorted 😉
Just my natural state.

And while I'm here, some shinys I have gotten this month:
A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5)
SilverChains (PS4)
Unpacking (PS5)
Tacoma (PS4)
Slaycation Paradise (PS5)
Infamous First Light (PS4)
Untitled Goose Game (PS4)
The Gardens Between (PS5)

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

#49 - Hitman Blood Money

Requires you to learn the game inside out which is no mean feat, you also have to beat the game 4 times and get 5 silent assassins on all difficulties. Time consuming (hence this is #49 and not #47) but really glad to have finished it off. One of my favourite games of all time and I’ve been playing for over 15 years so being able to polish it off for good is a great feeling. Now to find what to do for #50! Maybe Lego Star Wars since that’s where the platinum hunt started.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Time for a victory dance, 47.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Was tempted to go on to Absolution and then I played 5 seconds of the tutorial for the first time since the first and only time I saw the credits roll 😂

RogerRoger

After blasting through RoboCop: Rogue City to earn my 89th platinum, I'm currently considering what to try for the big nine-oh. No idea what it'll be. Although I'll freely admit that I've been cheating a little recently by downloading PS4 versions of PS5 cross-gen digital purchases.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Congrats on #89 and good luck with finding a worthy #90! And actually, it might be time to start planning ahead for the big one — #100. Depending on the clip you go this year, perhaps #100 could come within 2024. Any new releases that you have targeted as possibilities?

Edit: The thought occurred to me — Tomb Raider Remastered might be a really nice milestone platinum. I believe that’s the one that has just one platinum on PS5 and 3 separate platinums on PS4, if I’m not mistaken. Certainly the epic PS5 platinum would be a worthy #90 (or #100) 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Thanks! Not sure about the centenary, though. It's a nice thought but sadly, so few new releases interest me nowadays, there's no guarantee. I could go back through the five Syphon Filter games again, only this time on PS4, but that feels like an excessive amount of cheating! Might see what the backlog holds. Could be a couple easy plats waiting there.

Although I'm sure Sonic X Shadow will come with an obtainable platinum, so that's one, at least.

Alas, while a great idea, the Tomb Raider remaster trophies are a weird mess. There are no platinums on PS5, not even one. It's the PS4 version which separates out each game with its own list (and platinum). Fortunately the extensive trophy lists are beyond ludicrous, and require multiple playthroughs, so I'd never be in danger of getting 100% trophies on any of the games anyway. I'm playing on PS5 with zero pressure (am currently taking a break to avoid burnout; have only cleared TR1 and its expansion thusfar). No way in heck I'd ever be able to speedrun a classic Tomb Raider in under five hours!

Darn it, but it would be nice, though. Bring my gaming life full circle. Alright, now I'm tempted!

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

Way to go @RogerRoger
Congrats on your latest. Was it relatively straightforward to obtain or require much messing around?
And double dipping cross platform plats is not cheating!... Well unless it's an autopop situation and even then I'd still allow it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Is that Star Wars Outlaws (or whatever it’s called) of interest? It looks promising. I don’t think there’s a release window yet though, so probably will be next year.

Otherwise, the other upcoming Rog game that came to mind is the IO James Bond game. But we know even less about that one. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

Untitled

Still an enjoyable game, but it's been overshadowed by the far superior A Way Out and It Takes Two. Still, I recommend it considering how cheap it is.

@RogerRoger It's a shame that the PS1 Phantom Menace game doesn't have trophies. That would of been a good 90th.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

sorteddan wrote:

Way to go @RogerRoger
Congrats on your latest. Was it relatively straightforward to obtain or require much messing around?
And double dipping cross platform plats is not cheating!... Well unless it's an autopop situation and even then I'd still allow it.

Heh, thanks. I'll see how close I can get to my centenary without 'em, but something tells me there's gonna be a lot more Syphon Filter platinums in my immediate future.

RoboCop was a very pleasant platinum. One of those short n' sweet lists which is 100% obtainable in a single leisurely playthrough, but also with enough to miss that'd make for a nice Sunday afternoon tidy-up if you don't follow a guide. It was the same with the developer's Terminator game. Each chapter gets auto-saved, so you can go back and hunt down anything, any time, and there are two tricky trophies which seem frustrating to start with, but which suddenly become a breeze with late-game unlocks.

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger Is that Star Wars Outlaws (or whatever it’s called) of interest? It looks promising. I don’t think there’s a release window yet though, so probably will be next year.

Otherwise, the other upcoming Rog game that came to mind is the IO James Bond game. But we know even less about that one. 😄

Potentially yes, but it's an Ubisoft game, so very much a "wait for a discount" situation. I'm the same with the new Prince of Persia at the moment; I really wanna play it, but I also want to give it space. Might end up trying to support that similar-looking Tales of Kenzera in the meantime.

And yeah, given the lack of updates on the project, I'm not expecting Mr. Bond until 2026 at this rate! Could be that I'm dusting down a semi-retired PS5 to play it.

Bentleyma wrote:

@RogerRoger It's a shame that the PS1 Phantom Menace game doesn't have trophies. That would of been a good 90th.

It would've been, absolutely. I've seen a couple of games get trophies added retroactively, but I'm not holding my breath for any third-party PSone Classic to do so. Especially since the vast majority of 'em are coming from Disney (although I'm grateful that they're actually bothering to support the scheme; here's hoping to see Jedi Power Battles return at some point this year).

And congratulations on your latest platinum. I'm assuming by your comment that it's quite a faithful remake, and not one that tries to update its gameplay with lessons learned?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

#50 - Far Cry Primal

Bit of an accident this one, was enjoying it so much, I basically just went for the full 100% even though I was planning for Lego Star Wars to be my 50th. Loved this game though, really odd concept but executed brilliantly. Plays like Skyrim more than anything with the first person melee focus. Interesting world, impressively detailed and the fact they created a language is cool. Odd structure as there’s not a main story as such, just interwoven tales around your village growing although you do get an ending if you do 100%.

Ralizah

Congrats on all the recent plats!

@nessisonett I'll be honest, I COMPLETELY forgot Far Cry Primal existed. I think the melee focus is what put me off initially. Sounds like it was reasonably fun, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I remember it being heavily promoted alongside the Xbox One in our local indie game store (obviously closed by now unfortunately) and I just assumed it was an exclusive at the time. It’s really good actually, just a bit of an acquired taste as it’s hard to really define with its incredibly loose structure and the combat being either chucking spears at people’s heads or whacking them with a big stick. Although you can ride sabretooth tigers and mammoths so it’s automatically cool. Became quite attached to my tiger by the end.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic