Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 5,756

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Sounds like a plan! It'll certainly feel like a worthy milestone, believe me. Given how much you'll have to do in order to earn its platinum, and in the wake of so many other LEGO games, you won't wanna look at another digital brick or stud for a very, very long time!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@MB81 Good luck with the Valkyrie Queen! Don’t know what difficulty you’re playing on but I had to drop it from the give me a challenge setting. Luckily the platinum isn’t tied to difficulty options.
@RogerRoger So tempted to get Sonic Frontiers now. I really enjoyed Sonic Forces so maybe in the new year after I’m done with God of War:R & Crisis Core in December.
Are the performance issues really as bad as it was made out to be? I assume it’s been patched a fair bit since release.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight There aren't any performance issues, at least on PS5. Sure, we've all seen the horror stories on Switch, but in my experience the game was silky-smooth from start to finish. Over thirty hours, I encountered one minor clipping bug which didn't wreck any progress and just kinda made me laugh, and the much-maligned platform pop-in didn't bother me at all. This was all played on the day one patch, as well; I don't think it's had any subsequent updates, but I haven't been on for a couple days. Honestly, I've no idea what they would need to fix. It was, and is, perfectly fine and very playable.

If you loved Forces, then you're in for a treat, as well as a few surprises. Hope you enjoy! Whenever you get around to it, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Platinum 100 - God of War: Ragnarok - unbe-****ing-lievable!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

MB81

@colonelkilgore that was quick! Congrats!

I actually just got my God of War (1) Platinum. End game was so fun!

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Yes Boss!
Welcome to the hundo club, we've had your membership waiting for some time.

@MB81
And congrats to you too. Glad to see the end of the valkyries?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore
Untitled

Also, congratulations to @MB81 for that God of War platinum! Apologies for the lack of a GIF but if you come back and tell me that it was a special milestone plat, I'll go find one for you!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@MB81 appreciated bud and congrats on getting that God of War 2018 plat. Also, as good as that end game content from 2018 was… well Sony Santa Monica have done a great job in outdoing themselves in that regard with Ragnarok. Whole areas and storylines open up after the main story in addition to the combat challenges and it’s equivalent of Valkyrie duels. You’re in for another treat when you get around to it.

@sorteddan ahh cheers buddy, it’s nice to finally join the club. The wait has been worth it for sure 😅

Thanks @RogerRoger, you can always be relied upon to deliver an appropriate gif 👍

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Platinumber #146 The Last Stand: Aftermath
Some buggy/glitched trophies almost threatened to ruin my enjoyment of this game. But I endured and overcame and now it's done... Yay another shiny!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Congrats @sorteddan! I hadn’t even heard of this but just checked it out and it sounds pretty decent (wasn’t surprised to see the term rogue-lite/like… like 😉).

**** DLC!

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore Congratulations Colonel! Your life is finally complete. What's next after you mop up the rest of the platinums you have set up?

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

@The_Moose retirement maybe 😉? Obviously nah but I am gonna take my foot off the gas a little. I’ve noticed that I’m getting significant pain in my hands after a gaming sesh these days (I do seem prone to arthritis, having it in other areas if my body), so these 15 hour sessions are gonna have to be in the rear-view.

Gonna pop a few of the plats I’ve been setting up today or tomorrow and then game at a far more leisurely pace moving forwards. This last two years have been intense! 😅

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Congrats man, that week off worked out nicely for you there. Well done on reaching the century too, must feel good to see triple figures. I’m still exploring every inch of the game so not making amazing progress as such but have to agree with you that they’ve really made something special.

@MB81 Congrats on your GoW plat, really enjoyed that one myself including all the endgame stuff. Are you going to be rolling onto GoWR next?

@sorteddan Congrats, good to hear you overcame the adversity and got that one in the bag.

render

MB81

Thanks guys. Probably won’t be moving on to Ragnarok for a while yet, got such a long backlog.
I only moved onto the PlayStation platform last September so been playing a few PS4 classics. Hence no Platinum milestone in the near future! Only got 4, Astro’s Playroom, Spider-Man, FF7 Remake and God of War. Loved them all!

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

RogerRoger

@MB81 ...four?! But that's fantastic!!

Untitled

@sorteddan Alas, no good GIFs for #146, but that number's impressive enough by itself, I reckon! Very nicely done, especially after you had to wrestle with that awful R3 flashlight!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

As you guys may or may not know (probably not actually, as I did kinda keep it on the down-low 😎), when God of War: Ragnarok eventually got announced for a November release, it left me a bit ahead of schedule. So rather than me just sit there and twiddle my thumbs… I… well I guess I literally did sit there with my thumbs a twiddling tbh 😅… and I set a couple of games up in a place where I could pop the plat once I’d guided Kratos to Ragnarok for my century of platinums. Well, I did that last night and I had a few hours free this evening so:

Platinum 101 - Batman: The Enemy Within

Platinum 102 - Yakuza Kiwami

Platinum 103 - Return of the Obra Dinn

Platinum 104 - Tales of Arise

Platinum 105 - Sea of Solitude

Platinum 106 - Grand Theft Auto V

Platinum 107 - Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture

Platinum 108 - Castlevania: Requiem

Platinum 109 - Greylancer

Platinum 110 - The Order: 1886

edit. and those last few plats took me to Level 4 of PlayStation Stars also, which was a nice surprise

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore I saw this morning you got the plat for Ragnarok on the PS app along with a flood of others, man huge congrats on reaching #100 and making it a memorable one! 👏
And all the rest! Some big games you got done there.

So, GoWR, your GOTY?

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore Flying ahead mate well done. Your thumbs have earned a rest. Out of curiosity how did you find Return of the Obra Dinn? I've seen it on sale and always been tempted each time.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

Cheers lads!

@WCB yeah it is for me at least mate. I really enjoyed Horizon Forbidden West and loved my time playing through Elden Ring but there is something about the last two God of War games… I can’t recommend them high enough bud.

@The_Moose yeah it was really good tbh. Real different and clever… and stylish, definitely worth a punt.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

Untitled

Such a good game! Dare I say it might of even dethroned Sonic 06 as the best 3D Sonic game!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic