Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,361 to 4,380 of 5,748

Thrillho

@sorteddan Thanks. The combat was quite fun but the story was a mess, it’s very repetitive, and it just feels unfinished.

I went in with dampened expectations and I guess it kind of met them.

Thrillho

sorteddan

@JudgeDredd
I read a couple of reviews after seeing you mention it earlier - had never previously heard of it - and it does seem to be something I might enjoy, and at that price there's not much to lose.
Well done on getting that shiny.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Shame about Biomutant, as I was kinda interested in playing it someday. Nevertheless, good job on earning its platinum. Means you never have to go back!

@JudgeDredd Congratulations on your latest, and glad to hear you enjoyed earning it so much!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I might put some more thoughts down about it at some point but it just felt very disjointed and fell a bit flat.

Thrillho

render

@JudgeDredd Congrats on that platinum, that's good bang for the buck at only 1.99!

render

RogerRoger

Platinum #74: Sonic Frontiers

Lovely list. If you set out to see everything the game's got to offer, then you'll naturally unlock it long before you find yourself listening to the last audio log. It's also a heck of a lot easier to achieve than almost all of the Blue Blur's previous platinums, as there aren't any ridiculous skill checks or S-Rank demands (you only have to earn one S-Rank, from a level of your choice, and the thresholds range from "tight" to "generous" so if you're having trouble, you can just mix things up and get comfortable elsewhere).

Also, despite PSN failing to start clocking my time until I'd been playing for two days (?!) my in-game save file tells me that I've been playing for just shy of thirty hours. Perfect length.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Great effort Rog and glad it was another you really enjoyed, you seem to be in a purple patch with that at the moment. You got anything else lined up?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

#35 - Lego Marvel Superheroes 2. As bloated as a week-old corpse dredged from the Thames. About as fun too. Over 50 hours of my life I’m not getting back.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@RogerRoger @nessisonett Nice work on those platinums. Good to hear Sonic Frontiers getting some love too. It's been a while since I've played a Sonic game (Sonic Mania) but seems that they've really pushed the boundaries with this one that I might consider it.

render

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I think it’s more that I can very much tell the difference in quality between the Lego games now!

MB81

@RogerRoger congrats. Actually sounds great, one day I’ll give it a go.
I’m just working toward God of War 2018 Platinum. Just a bit more of Niflheim, then Muspelheim and the Valkyrie queen to go.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

Thrillho

@MB81 Good luck with the latter! I came so close to beating her on multiple occasions but did end up having to drop the difficulty down to finally defeat her and to protect my sanity.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@MB81 enjoy dude… what you have left there is some of the best end-game content anywhere.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@sorteddan @render @colonelkilgore @Kairu @MB81 Much thanks for the platinum praise, folks! Not sure what my next platinum will be; I think my winter games have achievable ones, but I won't be starting them right away. I'm masochistically tempted to take advantage of this Sonic kick I'm on and return to try and platinum Sonic Unleashed on PS3, even though it's notoriously impossible. We'll see.

@nessisonett Well, congratulations regardless, but I'm real sorry to see it was such a slog! At least you'll never have to play it again, and your LEGO platinum streak continues unbroken. What's next?

Making It So Since 1987

render

@MB81 That Valkyrie Queen is one of the best boss fights around. I remember spending a good long while clearing that and then watching a guy on YouTube do a no hit run of it that made me realise what a hash I'd made of it 😅

render

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Lego DC Super Villains is the next one on PS5 and it’s already been a lot better and more cohesive. I’ve almost got the platinum in Lego Force Awakens on the Vita too, which apparently is almost identical to the PS4 version but slightly more bitesize through levels split into 3 which is fine by me. I have Lego Jurassic World on the Vita too which I think is a similar deal with how similar it is, and it’s not as if I care enough about the source material to mind if it’s a little different anyway.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Oh yay, that is a good one! Real glad you've got it to wash away the nasty taste!

Yeah, if you've got The Force Awakens on Vita already, then there's no real reason to get it on PS4. I came at both versions the other way around, and never bothered with the Vita plat because of how samey it felt (although it's in my "if I ever need to quickly nudge my OCD away from a bad total" reserve, simply because it'd be easy enough to wrap up over a long weekend).

It's from that same era as LEGO Jurassic World so you're right, it should be comparable, too! That'll take you up to 38 platinums; close to the big four-oh! Any idea what it'll be?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I reckon The Skywalker Saga would be a good one for number 40, it puts a nice bow on top of this colossal Lego marathon!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic