Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 5,729

Thrillho

@jdv95 Looking back, I spent 90hrs with the game and didn't do all the bouncer missions, legend mode, or finish the completion list so you must have been pretty efficient

Thrillho

jdv95

@Thrillho for the completion list i used the cheat items you can find and earn to beat some of the minigames. Mainly the majong tournaments.
Considering that was the most time consuming minigame (bouncer missions exluded) that shaved off some time.

The last few bouncer missions i got done with the dragon SP pistol you get for beating the story,making it easier and faster.

Haruka's requests where also easier compared to kiwami 1. Mostly being food related. (That girl can eat like crazy) only needing 4 or 5 minigames for haruka,each being easier than kiwami 1.

The main story altough having more chapters,did not feel longer than 1 and was easier. The final boss was nothing compared to the 2nd to last boss in kiwami 1.

I spend my playtime by dividing it between days where i would do just the side stuff and days when i would include story stuff.

Premium adventure was used to clean up four Shine and the clan creator. With the amon bosses being the last stuff before going for legend mode.

Tbh i consider myself to be a slow gamer,so i'm suprised that 79 hours seems quick

jdv95

jdv95

@colonelkilgore the story was better suited for platinum since there was no dedicated shooting chapter and the final boss was a cakewalk compared to that 2nd to last boss in kiwami.

Mini game stuff was a little easier since majong has cheat items in 2 while 1 did not have them.
Also no crazy climax battles in 2.
Bouncer missions replaced them
But you can use your own gear making it easier.

I say 2 is easier to platinum compared to 1 since i have it for 2 but not 1 lol.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 interesting… does sound a bit more platinum-friendly tbh. I’ve just got to finish the car chase shooting section on Legendary for Yakuza Kiwami and then It’ll be wrapped… easier said than done though.

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore yeah i heard the car chase is very annoying on legendary.

if you die you have to start all the way from the start of the chapter. including the boss.

jdv95

Lavalera

@jdv95 Congrats on that platinum! Even though I love the Yakuza franchise I doubt I will ever platinum one. I don't really get mahjong and shogi and such and I'm generally not good enough to play games on harder difficulties than normal usually. Who knows if the newer ones will have easier platinum Ill go for one, one day

PSNid: Lavalera

jdv95

@Lavalera i heard 6 is the easiest to platinum since you don't even need to 100% it.

maybe you can give that a shot if you ever get to it.

tbh i don't think i will platinum the rest other than 6 if i get to to them.

i only learned the very basics of majong via a youtube vid and managed to do the easier majong stuff. for the hardest majong stuff i used the cheat items you can find in the map. there's only 1 shogi related minigame challenge and you can use a cheat item for that. guaranteed win.

jdv95

Lavalera

@jdv95 sounds good. I want to replay the series one day anyways and the ones that might be good to platinum like 6 I can rebuy them on my ps5
I don't mind buying it double, if it can give me a platinum, so I'll wishlist it and buy it when it goes on sale again

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

jdv95

@Lavalera yeah should not be hard to find it on sale. yakaza games goes on sale very often these days.

jdv95

Thrillho

@jdv95 @Lavalera Yeah, I got the platinum for Y6. There’s plenty of grinding (especially in the clan creator mode) and you have to play a bit of mahjong but it’s not too bad.

And to get the legendary trophy, you can load a save before the final boss, up the difficulty and do it that way.

Thrillho

Th3solution

Now that we’ve had it for a while, I can say that I’m pretty sure I don’t like the new trophy leveling system. I was doing some trophy checking and inventory after I earned a couple in Kena last night and I realized I don’t even know (or care) what my trophy level is anymore. Gaining a new level used to be a big deal when I was only level 28, but now that I’m level 365 and probably have only been there for a couple weeks and already over halfway to 366, well… it just doesn’t mean as much. So I’ve kinda stopped caring. Now I’m more about the individual game percentages and platinums. Which, I guess that’s more important anyway than an arbitrary level or gamer score. But I miss the old system.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@jdv95
Have played a couple of Yakuza games but never had the fortitude or talent to platinum one so credit to you for that one.

@Th3solution
Totally agree. I used to really notice when I was approaching the next level and sometimes grind more trophies just to pass the next threshold. Now I rarely notice when it changes and couldn't tell you what level I am. Think it maybe in the 400s?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

jdv95

@sorteddan thank you. must be said that kiwami 2 is one of the easier yakuza games to platinum though.

jdv95

MaulTsir

Congrats to all on recent plats, some really impressive ones in there 👏

@Th3solution @sorteddan I totally agree with you guys, the level system seems a bit meh I think the plats and trophies alone make for better reading. I think I'm in the 300's but honestly i couldn't care less about that number I have 8 plats, I know its rookie numbers compared to so Legends in here but that number seems like the more important one in terms of trophy hunting.

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

Congrats @JudgeDredd on your latest shiny. I’ll take a mental note of that one for when I feel like a relaxing way of ticking over.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @JudgeDredd for that pleasant Lake platinum up there!

@Th3solution Just going back to your point about the new trophy levels, I accidentally stumbled across a level threshold earlier, thanks to earning a small handful of bronze trophies in quick succession. I only noticed, however, because I was on my PS4, and PS4s still display a level completion percentage bar beneath your profile's trophy statistics. A big white bar reading 98% became an empty blue bar at 2% instead, and it was too obvious to miss.

I'm amazed that information isn't present on PS5 profile pages. Not that I was paying much attention anyway, but if I'd have noticed that I was a couple of trophies away from a threshold, I might've been more likely to stick around and push that little bit further, had I needed to.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, the visibility of progress is so different and in my opinion less compelling on the PS5, for the reasons you state as well as the fact the levels are trite and too rapidly changing. I think they were trying to accomplish the best of both worlds by having levels that are quick and easy to climb juxtaposed with the overlying trophy mega-level system where you’re on the bronze, silver, gold, or platinum level of… levels(?) I don’t remember what they call it l, but at trophy level 365 I am currently at the silver… trophy(?) level(?) ranking. It’s all a bit confusing and unnecessary. And I’ve been stuck at silver since they changed the system and I have no idea how long I’ll be here before I can achieve gold. Is it level 400? I’m not sure. There’s no counter to tell me. And increasing a trophy color ranking apparently is their really rare event, but it’s probably too rare. Whereas the level progression is probably too frequent.

Urgh… And I still don’t like the new trophy popping sound effect! Grrr!

😜

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution All I know is that I'm Level 433 now, and I think my level icon is still silver...?

That probably doesn't help.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Milktastrophe

Level 0-99 is tier 1 bronze.
100-199 is tier 2 bronze
200-299 is tier 3 bronze
300-399 is tier 1 silver
400-499 is tier 2 silver
500-599 is tier 3 silver
600-699 is tier 1 gold
700-799 is tier 2 gold
800-998 is tier 3 gold
999 is platinum

Yes, if you pay close enough attention, the badge slightly changes each 100 levels.

Edit: I found the images. Weirdly, platinum is the ugliest one.
Untitled

Edited on by Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic