Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 5,729

Th3solution

@Milktastrophe Thanks, bud. It all looks familiar now. I think when they rolled it out I do recall this system. I wish it was more transparent within the console or app though. There’s not really a good indication that your icon will get a little bigger at the hundred mark. I guess I’m just supposed to remember that, but it would be nice to somehow visually engage the player with an incentive to get there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Platinum #36 is Psychonauts 2!
Fantastic game and chasing the collectibles wasn't too bad. I got most of them while doing the individual levels but there's a thing you can get after beating the game that makes finding the rest a little easier.

Voltan

render

@Voltan Great work, a fine trophy to add to the collection 👍. I can’t remember if you said you’d played the first one or if that was your first dip into Psychonauts?

render

Voltan

@ThereThere @render I played the 1st one around the time the 2nd came out (the PS2/4 version). I liked the story and level design a lot but platforming was janky and combat was awful, so I didn’t bother with trophies.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan congrats buddy, sounds awesome! I picked up 1 & 2 in a sale a while back, so I'll have to find some time to make a start on them.

**** DLC!

render

@Voltan Is the first one worth missing out and just going on to the second?

@ThereThere You’ll be after a job at push square towers with that quality of pun 😉

render

Voltan

@render Honestly I don't know. The first one has some extremely cool stuff too but the gameplay is unfortunately kinda rough. Definitely at least look up some kind of detailed recap - the sequel is definitely a sequel, not a standalone game.

Voltan

sorteddan

Nice one @Voltan
Get another who has played and enjoyed that game, I may have to look at it more seriously at some point.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

WCB

G'day folks, how's it been going?

I've been playing The Quarry all week since my copy arrived Tuesday, and some 50 hours later I can say I'm done with it for now. Gotten every trophy except one which is bugged. So no platinum for me until they patch it. I heartily enjoyed my time with it though.

Apart from that the only trophies I've popped this month was earlier on when I did the Bugsnax DLC. A nice short hop back into that game the only takes a few hours.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

Hey @WCB, that’s some unfortunate news about The Quarry’s bugged trophy putting a halt on in popping the plat. Hopefully you’re right and a patch will fix the issue real soon.

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore yeah, I tried the unpatched disc Ver. 1.000.000 workaround that a few fine folks have managed to get working, but not me. 😭
It shouldn't take long to patch I hope.

render

Been working on this one for a while but just popped the Gran Turismo 7 platinum. Finished it off by doing a sport (online) race where I managed to go from 14th - 5th so I’m happy with that. I’ll still be playing it for the Push Square GT nights but looking forward to playing something else for a bit 😁

render

sorteddan

@render
Now that is an achievement achievement worthy of praise! Well done pal.
I'm down to the last few trophies.
Need really expensive cars - nowhere near enough credits...
Need all gold on licences - nowhere near enough ability!!!
So unlikely to get that one myself.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@render congratulations buddy, that’s a biggie for sure… hopefully we’ll be adding to your June ‘22 platinum haul on Tuesday 😉

**** DLC!

render

@sorteddan @colonelkilgore Cheers guys, they definitely make you work for it. Those licenses are no joke and if each failure was classed as a death I’d be well into the hundreds. They also could have made it much worse by including a trophy for the missions, some of which are entire endurance races.

@sorteddan I’m not a natural at this game and at times I was thinking the same as you, that I’d got no chance. I chipped away at those times though and it paid off so don’t give up.

@colonelkilgore That would be awesome. Two plats in a week would make up for my platinum trophy cabinet being barren for a month or two 😅

render

BearsEatBeets

@render Congrats on the GT 7 platinum. If it takes as much dedication as the GT Sport is looking like then that's one very well earned plat.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

WCB

@render congratulations on that platinum, a good one to have in the cabinet!

render

@BearsEatBeets @JudgeDredd @WCB Cheers all, I’m mighty happy bagging that one.

@JudgeDredd That’s an annoying trophy as they are pretty pointless cars to buy. Hopefully see you in the platinum club soon 👍

@BearsEatBeets I think the sport platinum might even be slightly harder as I think there’s a requirement for a large number of online wins isn’t there?

render

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @Voltan and @render for those latest platinum trophies! And near-enough-so-might-as-well-whilst-here congrats to @WCB there, as well, for as soon as that patch drops!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@render yeah you have to match Schumacher's wins, or Senna's, something like that. I've not yet dipped into online racing so I can't say if it's going to be something achievable. My gut instinct tells me it's not very likely but I've sometimes felt that about other games involving online wins but ending up getting them. That plus getting to level 50 seems like it could be commitment so I'll just go for what I can whilst I enjoy it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic