Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 5,755

johncalmc

@Kidfried I've totally maxed out Max, and got most of the car parts. Totally cleared out the first two regions, and half of the third. So I've got to finish the third region, finish the scavenging missions I haven't done, then the races, and finish the story.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

PES 18. Finally Ive won the treble in 3 different continents. Then realised I need to win the World Cup. Im part time manager of the ageing Argentinian Team for the full set of Master League Trophies and the WC is 6 months away.

Now I have just realised I need to sign a Bandeira (105 rated player) whilst my best player Giorgia Right Back is rated 84 for my Japanese club team and no big clubs want me as manager . WTF Konami arrrrghhhh. You need to be at one club for years to train someone to be that high and Im pi$$ing around like a gap year student finding themselves.

This game has the longest trophy train since Gran Turismo Sport.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

johncalmc

So I still haven't got the platinum in Mad Max because it has one super obnoxious trophy that I wasn't prepared for. But I'm also so close that I can't give up. So this is my life now.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Gremio108

@johncalmc This is kind of where I am with Shadow of the Colossus. I really should be playing God of War by now, but to get the last few trophies I need, I have to max out Wander's stamina. So I'm just taking down colossi, again and again. The difference is, this is probably more enjoyable than Mad Max's grind...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

johncalmc

@Gremio108 I have to get enemies to accidentally impale themselves on the spikes on Max's car, but I've cleaned out every map so there's hardly any enemies left spawning which is making this already difficult task far more arduous than it needs to be.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Gremio108

@johncalmc Yeah that is ridiculous. You can't stop now or that trophy will haunt you forever. I gave up on Mad Max very early on, otherwise that would be me now.

johncalmc

@Gremio108 Yeah, I'm just dedicating the rest of my life to this now. I'll just play it every day until I die or I get the platinum.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Gremio108

@johncalmc If you die, you no longer have to carry on with this farce, so I'd call that a win-win

Kidfried

@johncalmc That is really good to know. You've played this game quite a bit in the last week then. I'm still in the third area. What's the name of the challenge?

Kidfried

johncalmc

@Kidfried The challenge is called "Stick it to ya" I think. You need to get 15 dudes accidentally spiked on your car. Basically, the challenges that are required for the last trophy are all miles easier to do if you haven't finished the game yet. If you have then the scarcity of the enemies makes them tough. I've done every challenge barring 3. Once the spikey one is out of the way the other two are easy.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

I think I'm gonna go for the plat in God of a War. I was 88% complete when i finished the story. It would seem i missed the ravens the most, but i knew that from when i was killing em when playing the story. That and The Valkyries which are coming along nicely.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

Pes 18 update.

I have just unlocked quite possibly the hardest trophy ever tonight (its a 0.1% bronze). You have to win 2 games in a row vs legendary difficulty in the my club mode.

Sounds pretty easy - but to get there you have to win 6 in a row vs Beginner, then 6 vs Amateur, 6 vs Pro, (tbf pro difficulty is only a slight challenge if you are half adept at footy games as the AIs attacks are predictable). I had passed these difficulties already until I became aware of the trophy as its not obvious its even a game mode, I just thought it was a PvE component of my club to gain xp for your teamonce you had run out of PvE weekly cups away from the main attraction of PvP divisions and PvP challenge cups.

Anyways the next step towards this trophy are Top player and Superstar, these difficulties are no joke and hardly anyone on the pro evo forum thread and trophy hunters has surpassed the full compliment of games on superstar difficulty. During 2 of the 6 matches your playing against a team way better than yours as in Maradonna, Van Basten, Banks, Koeman, Maldini etc and the AI dont hit a single stray pass on Superstar and perform all of the crazy dribbles in the right moments, so you are playing like Leicester from a few years ago absolutely bricking it at 1-0 backs to the wall. So to progress in this mode you have to win 6 in a row from the moment you start a difficulty. You will be relegated If you lose 2 matches in a row, lose 2 out of 3 matches in a row or lose and draw consecutive matches. This took me over a week as the AI will play some insane football at times and you cant win the ball back.

Then legendary, oh legendary, your team is gimped so they automatically lose a form arrow (no one will ever be on form and most of your team will be average, poor or awful form - whatevers listed as the players form deduct one and that is your players actual form during the match) and the ai plays the perfect game with everyone boosted to full form and they dont lose stamina. In legendary you have to use strategies I didnt even know were in the game like manual offsides by holding left or right on the d-pad to control the defensive line and use the attack your own box strategem to put crosses out for corners and get bodies back. You simply cant play on the front foot as you will be obliterated. I won the last of these games with 5 shots and only 1 shot on target. Great work!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

I've only got a couple of ravens to go in Dad of Boy. Then it is the Valkyries, the two combat arena sections and fully upgrade my weapons and i should be done.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@johncalmc Congrats! I'm going to try to get there too. I made a Word document with all the challenges in it I still need to do. It's a lot to keep track of really.

Kidfried

johncalmc

@Kidfried It's not that bad, and you can probably make the worst ones easier by starting them earlier. The worst one for me was the boarders. So basically any time you see one of those vehicles where bad guys jump onto your car, try to get them impaled on your spikes. I was just blowing them all up, so I didn't get many organically, which made the end game tricky. Also, storms are unpredictable, so it's best to try and get those challenges done whenever one hits. Otherwise you can pretty much cheese them all at the end.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried You made a word document? That is commitment! Personally if it gets to that point it has stopped being fun and would sack it off.

Good luck though!

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder The game is fun, but navigating the challenge menus is just a pain. So writing them down in Word cost me 15 minutes, but will save me frustration later on!

Also... I'm a list kind of person. I have documents full of lists of everything. Before PSN Profiles I had an excel file to keep track of them. :')

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic