Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 5,758

Th3solution

Platinum #32 - Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight.
For me that makes it a set now with all
3 platinums for the 3 Persona rhythm games.
I really like these games, even though the platinum ends up in a grind at the end resulting in one becoming sick of the music by then.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution congrats sol. The only thing better than a plat (well, in terms of PSN trophy hunting anyway) is a complete set of plats.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Sweet, nicely done! Shame they were a grind, though.

Got my 52nd platinum earlier, thanks to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy on PS4. Ended up being a really nice list, with a bunch of bronze for general story progression, some silvers awarded for being thorough, and then a couple of golds for cumulative stuff. My kinda list!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well done Rog, nice that it was a trophy list that you appreciated too. It’s made me think, what is my favourite trophy list and why.

Off the top of my head, I’m thinking God of War 2018’s list would figure pretty highly, I also appreciated the Death Stranding list too. Both were decent time-sinks but only needed the one play-through, no mp trophies… and in order to attain both plats you had to get to the point where you definitely felt that you had ‘mastered’ pretty much each and every facet of the games numerous mechanics.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Hmm, good question. It doesn't surprise me that you've highlighted two PlayStation exclusives there, because I tend to feel like Sony know how to craft a well-balanced, accessible list. I was thinking stuff like Spider-Man and Miles Morales, as well as Ratchet & Clank, have had sweet selections that I've enjoyed working on. They sit nicely between the games where I've really had to knuckle down and want another platinum, and those where I know a platinum is simply out of the question.

It's stuff where you have to feel "good enough" without becoming a hardcore pro gamer. To that end, I'd also personally highlight Sonic Generations and Tomb Raider Underworld on PS3, as well as Spyro the Dragon and Hitman Absolution on PS4. Those hit the spot.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah Spider-man did have a nice list. Still to play the other two but good to hear their lists are similarly fun to complete.

The fact you've brought up a Hitman game that I havent played makes me want to check that out too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Just don't get Absolution on PS3, as it originally came with online trophies and the servers have been deactivated for a while now. Its 4K remaster on PS4 is the definitive version; no online distractions, and the ambition of the campaign finally fulfilled. I highly recommend it.

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

Finishing up on some more backloggery yesterday I happened to check out the trophy list and found that the date I obtained the first one for completing the tutorial was back in August 2017, so it took me 4 years and a month from first trophy to the last one. Now, for a game that could be done in one go @6-8 hour platinum, I was taken aback at how long it actually took.

Anybody got anything similar (or longer) from first to last trophy?

Oh and it was Lovers in a dangerous spacetime if you were wondering.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan so I recently went back and plat’d Watch Dogs and The Last of Us: Remastered.

First trophies: 28th Aug 2014 & 16th Sept 2014

Last trophies: 2nd Aug 2021 & 16th Aug 2021.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Ok. Fair enough. You win!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan oh I'm sure there'll be someone else who have ones dating back to PS3 or something... just happy I cleared them both from the backlog tbh.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

Untitled

Platinum #41 for Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Untitled

Mostly story related but then a bit of a chore to mop up all of those collectibles.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho heard a lot of good things about it, though the premise doesn't really appeal to me from what I've read. Still, I might pick it up one day if I see it on sale.

Kudos, did it take much time?

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Thrillho
Good work. Gotta love those plats!

Th3solution

@Sorteddan Looking over my platinums, I don’t see any that took me years to obtain. If I’m going to platinum a game it has to be in my first exposure to the game; I tend not to replay games that I complete.

That said, I have a couple games that I went back to complete years later. Although I didn’t platinum them, both Persona 4 and Persona 5 each took me about three and a half years from first trophy to last trophy. Those games are so long and they lend themselves well to easily coming back to them after a long time away.

I have many other games that I left unfinished and when I usually try to return to them after a couple years away I just don’t have a clue how to play or where I was in the game. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
I tend to just restart the whole thing if it gets to that point, then a couple of hours in have remembered it all and have to grind back to where I was previously at.

Though I have recently gone back to EDF 4.1 after a few years away (disc was at a mates house throughout lockdowns) and that took all of about 2 minutes to reconnect with, an yeah - point, shoot and run away lol.

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore @Sorteddan Thanks.

It’s not the sort of game I’d normally go for but I fancied something a little different. The platforming/puzzle elements are quite cool and the boss “fights” some of the best bits.

It took me 20hrs altogether with maybe 2-3 hoovering up the collectibles at the end.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Congratulations on your latest platinum there!

@Sorteddan Yeah, I don't have anything that breaks your impressive four-and-a-bit year completion timespan, but I do have a couple of platinums that took me a while to get around to. Sonic Forces was released in November 2017 and can be completed in three hours, but I finally unlocked its platinum in September 2020, so that's just shy of three years. It also took me a couple of years to platinum Star Wars: Battlefront II, but that was more the result of an ever-present background grind.

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Agreed that SW Battlefront 2 trophy (was it level 50?) was surely there just to keep you playing online coz I remember having everything else wrapped up by level 25 (?) I think and then just hammering it whenever double/triple xp days were on

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Yeah, apparently such trophies are common in online multiplayer games, for exactly the reason you suggest. With all the promised post-launch content updates, I knew I'd get it eventually, so didn't stress about the rest of the list... then one day, I suddenly hit Level 50, realised I was only missing a couple of random bronze trophies, and thought "Okay, might as well tidy up!"

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic