Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 5,755

Voltan

@Th3solution I did get the platinum on HZD but skipped the DLC trophies for that reason.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Th3solution It's well worth getting full marks on the trials as it unlocks some pretty hefty weapons from what I remember.

I did have to youtube how to get the top rating on a couple.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, it's exactly as @Th3solution just noted. The challenge of perfecting all of the Hunting Grounds was just something I didn't find enjoyable. I tried, both times through, but gave up out of sheer frustration, especially since they often required use of the more fiddly weapons, like the tripcaster and traps and whatnot. I didn't wanna engage with them, at all. I just wanted to shoot things with arrows, and occasionally hit them with a big stick. The game was big enough without me staying put and banging my head against a brick wall for a couple days, so I just moved on. I'm missing all four Hunting Grounds trophies.

Of course, knowledge that I would therefore fall short of the platinum didn't motivate me elsewhere, so my percentage has stayed firmly in the 70s. I'm missing the Grazer dummies, Ancient Vessels, Vantages, Metal Flowers and Banuk figures (apparently I didn't even get a single one of those, as I'm even missing the "get one" bronze trophy), as well as the NG+ and Ultra Hard subset. I didn't get the Shield-Weaver outfit, either, and I'm also missing all the pigments from The Frozen Wilds.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'd hardly call myself a trophy hunter, Foxy, but I'm quite honoured to be considered so determined, even by mistake! Almost all of my platinums just come naturally, or I get within one or two trophies and say, "Well, I've come this far!"

Thanks to you and @colonelkilgore for the Miles Morales congratulations! My one regret is not playing it over the holidays for the first time, Colonel, so I'd say that's a great idea!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution some were annoying but some were a good test of the skillset.

I tried getting back into H: ZD when FW was released but I find I'm only motivated to do the dlc if its already out when I'm playing it. Returning to a game for dlc (which is generally endgame level content) can be a real shock to the system when rusty

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Oh, the funniest thing, though?

Before I'd even purchased Horizon: Zero Dawn, let alone played it, I got an email from Sony congratulating me on earning its platinum trophy, and a code for a free theme.

My friend (who had just platinumed the game) got nothing, so I gave her the code.

This kinda thing happens to me quite often!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Ahh, I think I have distant memories of finding the hunting thingys frustrating. Like I said, I went back to the game for The Frozen Wilds and realised I only had a couple things left for the platinum!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You described my situation too, as far as missing a few other trophies that require a little collecting effort. Knowing the platinum was out of reach, I skipped mopping up things like the flowers and vantage points. But ironically, I got all the Banuk figures. As I recall there are a lot fewer of those so the bronze was enough of a motivation in and of itself. And also, I don’t mind doing extra collectathon work when each item is actual a unique figure which is graphically and/or narratively special and separate from the others in the collection. So, for example, collecting all the feathers in Assassin’s Creed is a slog, but collecting all the artifacts in Astrobot’s Playroom was great fun.

Also, I felt it was really worthwhile to go through the trouble to get the Shield-Weaver outfit. Mainly because of the gameplay perks it offers. It’s a pretty cool supplemental piece that does affect late game combat.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima To get the platinum, you basically need to complete most side quests, get every collectible and clear the bandit camps. It sounds like more work than it is!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I love the feeling of returning to a game and thinking "Oh hey, I can ace this!" and I'm sure you'll be able to tidy up The Frozen Wilds as a result, not least because the only trophy I left behind was a simple collectathon which I simply couldn't bring myself to, er... collect.

@Th3solution Yeah, I've got nothing against various types of scattered collectibles (in fact, I really enjoy a good map-tidying) but my humiliation at the first Hunting Ground wasn't easy to bounce back from, and I didn't wanna end up hating the game, so I just knuckled down and focused on progressing the story. By the time I was hooked, there was too much to backtrack for.

I had no idea the Banuk figures were individual things, though. How could I, given that I'm missing the trophy for collecting my first one? Good to know that they're a little more worthwhile, as is the Shield-Weaver armour. Should I ever find myself playing the game again, I'll make the effort. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Ya know, now that I look at it, I’m less sure that each of the six figures is unique... If they’re different, then it is subtle. They each felt different anyways. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution ...but there are only six of 'em, you say? Blimey, this whole issue was about restrictive challenge and principle, but now I just feel lazy!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Haha! yes — Just 6. 😄 I do remember remember one or two were maybe tricky to get to from a platforming standpoint, but yeah, it’s not a huge commitment. And two bronze trophies for the trouble. I also got all the ancient vessels, so I think those are also reasonable in number. The flowers are where it gets hairy. Not sure why I didn’t get all the vantage points because those are pretty cool and have the tidbit of world building history and I think there’s only 12. I must have missed one or two and was just burned out at that point. I might go back for that one.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I have very fond memories of some of the game's Vantage Points so, like you, am left wondering why I didn't visit them all. Must be one we both missed, off the beaten track somewhere.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Going from that picture you posted on the previous page you have over 3500 more trophies, 36 more plats and 100 more trophy levels then me @RogerRoger.

It's what I'd consider trophy hunting standards to be in a rather reasonable and healthy way... Not like you're consecutively playing absolute drivel or incredibly cheap and short titles made for the sole purpose of bumping a meaningless set of numbers up!

Ahh yes I forgot about the Sun trials. Definitely can see now where that might trip some people up @Th3solution (Don't think I had any problem with those though).

Honestly the collectable stuff was probably the hardest thing for me thing for me to do... Cus it's so goshdarn boring.

But like you said probably the vantages are the most interesting thanks to the world building those bring to the table... There's audio logs tied to those if I recall correctly?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Not like you're consecutively playing absolute drivel...

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hey there, I'm RogerRoger. Nice to meet you.

No, in all seriousness, I get your point. Benefits of staying solidly Sony, I suppose. I got my first trophy in 2010 and pretty much every major game I've played ever since was on a Sony console, and came with trophies attached, so I've just gathered them up like a stationary stone would gather moss. I know folks who have half the trophies I do, but it's because they've got an equal equivalent of Xbox achievements (just as there are folks with double or triple my total, because they're hardcore crazy).

That being said, I did claim Burly Men at Sea from PS Plus, and play it through, simply because I'd heard it was a quick and easy platinum. My one moment of weakness!

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

Finished up Wreckfest again for #96, simple easy list with a pretty brutal grind at the end I forgot about. Very fun AA racing game that's kinda lacking nowadays. Glad to be done with it though on to BFV!

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Nicely done! Was the grind brutal because of its continual difficulty, or because it was just a heck of a lot of repetition to get to the platinum?

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger repetition mainly. When you finish the full career mode you're at around level 30-35 and there's a trophy for getting to level 50. I basically did 3ish hours of the same cheesy race wrecking lawn mowers with a fully armored car lol. Definitely not a difficult one, I'd rate it at maybe 2/10 but certainly a slog to get to 50. Took same exact amount of time as the ps4 version (20 hours) which I was surprised about.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic