Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 5,748

redd214

@colonelkilgore thanks! Only online trophy is win 20 races. Can be easily boosted in a private lobby with a friend on a short 15-20 second 1 lap race. Took 20 or so minutes to do yesterday with a buddy.

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Ouch. I always hate finishing a game with such a huge level disparity. Kudos for looking at that statistic and deciding to forge ahead; I'd have probably walked away!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger yeah definitely a pain, had to sit through a useless hours long compliance meeting at work so it filled that time well enough haha!

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Brave to game whilst in a meeting, but fair enough!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

OMM-FG! Just finished the motorbike action scene that I’d imagine is real close to the end of Metal Gear Solid 3. I really hope that I haven’t missed one of those kerotan’s (frog models) for the ‘It Ain’t Easy Being Green’. As I would not wish trying to hit the kerotans while riding in EVA’s sidecar at speed on my worst enemy. The thought that I’d have to go through that again... well, let’s just hop I haven’t missed one,

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Given that you're talking about frogs, was the missing E in your last sentence there an intentional typo? Because if so, well played, sir. Well played.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Well, you get bonus points for honesty, then!

Not that I think I ever bothered trying for the kerotan trophy, but I know that a lot of folks recommend using an RPG during the motorcycle chase, because hitting them with splash damage counts. If you did miss one or two, maybe try that tactic during your replay?

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah it’s a good shout. Thing is I’m going for it in one play through (something I think I’ve messed up anywho) so was having to take care not to kill any enemies (for the non-lethal play through). Pretty sure I’ve missed a camo though, so I’m thinking that I’ll have to do play it through again, I’ll keep the RPG suggestion in mind should I still need the ‘... Green’ trophy 👍

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Not like you're consecutively playing absolute drivel...

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hey there, I'm RogerRoger. Nice to meet you.

Oh you little scamp @RogerRoger

Glad you got my point... It did take a while to find the right words to express that as delicately as I could because I didn't wanna sound too judgemental of people who actually do that sort've thing 😅

Like I've said before trophies are honestly pretty meaningless to me 90% of the time and it's simply not for me collecting 'em unless, like you mentioned for yourself earlier, If I'm so close through naturally playing it (and I enjoyed the title) then that's usually when I'll make the effort myself to go out my way for a trophy.

Not to knock on anyone who likes trophy hunting in a more normal fashion... Just that they have fun with it and not out of some obligation or whatever! 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

Plat #43 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - as I’ve mentioned in the PlayStation 3 thread, it’s rightly regarded as one of the all-timers. The controls are a bit... clunky by today’s standards but it was well worth persevering through the initial pain to finally understand the reverence.

I still have the big tests (in terms of MGS platinums) to come but simply ensuring I managed to obtain/shoot all the collectibles before they were ‘shut-out’ in Snake Eater was no cake-walk. As alluded to earlier on this page, I’ll be having nightmares about side-cars, kerotans and some of the most awkward 1st person aiming at speed for weeks (if not longer)!

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

I got platinum #69 AC Valhalla recently. Almost considered not getting it as I was finding the game almost a chore at the end. Don't see myself getting the DLC and my interest in future games in the series has dropped. I might put some thoughts in another thread but it's lost it's identity for me.

More positively, I ticked off Platinum #70 Miles Morales and #71 Bugsnax yesterday morning.

In MM I managed to get the 100 combo trophy I was concerned about getting using the AR dodge training challenge. I got a 96 combo on my first playthrough so hoped I could get it there, but finished on 99 on my first attempt and 98 on my second. Thankfully after discovering dodges actually add to the counter I threw in some extra, superfluous dodges and got 103.

I gave Bugsnax a go as something a bit different and laid back and wound up liking it more than I expected too. I don't normally game very much, if at all on workdays but this game was something I could relaxingly dabble with for short spells. Planning on trying Wreckfest and Maneater in a similar style and see how I get on with them next.

My main weekend game will be Mass Effect next and I look forward to trying get the plats for those this time. Especially as it looks like the Insanity trophies have been put in the 'collection' list separate from the individual games.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, we can only speak for ourselves in our posts, and gaming is such a broad church anyway, so I'd never think anybody judgemental for saying that a particular aspect of gaming wasn't for them. It is universally cheeky that some people will buy total dross in order to earn a quick and easy platinum but hey, if it's how they wanna spend their time, more power to 'em!

I think the only time it's an issue is when Sony (or another platform owner) starts dishing out meaningful rewards and / or prizes based on such stats, and the people who've lazily farmed a hundred platinums are elevated above those who've worked hard for a well-earned fifty. I don't think that's ever been the case though; most I've ever seen is a congratulatory code for an avatar or a theme, based on earning a specific game's platinum. I think we're safe!

@colonelkilgore Huge congratulations on the MGS3 platinum! Very impressive, and I'm glad you didn't need to worry about those pesky kerotans!

@BearsEatBeets Sorry to hear about your downbeat reaction to Valhalla towards the end there, but the Miles Morales platinum must've made for a nice pick-me-up afterwards! Despite it demanding a second playthrough, it's awesome enough to excuse. I had similar concerns about that x100 combo trophy but (and here's where I admit to being a bit cheeky) I lowered the difficulty when making an attempt, in order to give myself more reaction time, and inadvertently noticed that getting punched on "Friendly Neighbourhood" doesn't break your combo.

Later on, during my "Friendly" NG+ run, I achieved a full x100 combo properly, so I don't feel like I cheated anything, but it was interesting to discover how forgiving the trophies were.

Good to see you back around these parts, by the way!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets nice dude, yeah I enjoyed Bugsnax a lot more than I thought I would... it made me laugh quite a bit too. I keep hearing about the bloat of Valhalla, which is a shame as I like Origins and Odyssey... and Valhalla ‘looks’ even better. How many hours for the plat do you reckon?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger thanks Rog, yeah it was a genuine relief that I didn’t have to do another play through just for the Kerotans. Even my patented will-power might have wavered a little at having to do that 😜!

Just started MGS, obviously no trophies for that but it’s already starting to sink it’s hooks in.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, as much as I love Metal Gear, that would've definitely been a "save it for next time, in a couple years" outcome for me, too!

I really hope you enjoy Metal Gear Solid. One of the few times the word "classic" isn't hyperbole.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger pretty sure I will, the initial shock of how it has aged was more than I’d anticipated (I never played it back in the day but I remember seeing footage in awe at the time... it was kinda the opposite of awe today), I’m already passed that and just enjoying the experience. I’ve logged off now though as I have to console the missus after an unsuccessful Skyrim sesh (think she’s hit a slight wall).

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I have to admit I got the 100 combo one on the easiest difficulty too.

I didn’t realise there were tech crates in the hideouts so had to go back and do most of them again. I couldn’t be bothered doing them “properly” so dropped the difficulty down and used it to get the ceiling and wall takedown trophies at the same time.

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Oh I totally put it down to 'Friendly' for the NG+ too. I did the first playthrough back when it launched but went back for the second and yeah it made for a nice change after AC. I love how much they managed to make Miles feel different from Pete, with less gadgets but extra powers and even with the traversal style. Spidey 2 will be a pre-order the second it's announced.
Thanks, yeah I've not been checking in as much of late for various reasons but should be back to my usual input levels. I've probably missed some interesting discussions. I noticed you joined the PS5 crew so congrats on getting hold of one. I think I'll have a good look back through the screenshot thread as I'm betting there is some good stuff to catch up on.

@colonelkilgore yeah Bugsnax was quite funny in a silly way. Sometimes the way the bugs say their name through the controller when you catch them made me giggle.
I liked Origins and Odyssey and Valhalla isn't bad but I think the things I didn't like about the former 2 (especially regarding 'bloat') became much worse and silly little things which bugged me about the game just exacerbated over time. I'd have to check on the console but think it was in the ballpark of about 180hrs in the end. Maybe I'll post something in the review thread to go into it a bit more.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic