Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 5,729

jdv95

crimsontadpoles wrote:

@jdv95 That isn't true. Uncharted has difficulty trophies that are required to get the platinum.

almost never than

jdv95

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 I think @get2sammyb wrote an article about this a couple of years ago.

There didn't seem to be a reason. In some instances full games released without a plat.

@crimsontadpoles @jdv95 Other than Unchartered I think the vast majority of Sony Studio games try to have an achievable plat. Spiderman, HZD, Order 1886. All fair and achievable by most gamers. I'm having a bit of an issue with the Dreams trophy list (all pre release gamers had to redo everything again) but it's a time thing rather than the list being difficult.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

@themcnoisy I was wondering since a game like Adr1ft has different bronze trophies at <0,5% while HZD platinum is at 6%.
It's a shame my efforts in the outer space are considered not so worthy!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

I’m still in mourning over God of War. At this rate I’ll end up buying it for my mum and then sneakily play that last 30 minutes to get the platinum while I’m there. At least that way I’m not chucking money at it for the sole purpose of getting that platinum but at the same time it’s totally sitting in the back of my mind, taunting me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Sony's first party games have certainly done a good job of late of keeping 'hard difficulty' trophies separate with a new game plus update, if adding one at all. It will be interesting to see if Naughty Dog embraces this philosophy with TLOU 2 or continues with their own record of having the extra hard trophies.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themcnoisy

@andreoni79 people may have given up on adrift earlier. HZD is a great game, combined with its great trophy list which helps rather than hinders the experience.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I played it through Now and I polished off everything except Sigrun, including all the extra stuff in the mist and fire places but the game went off Now just as I was about to fight her. I know this is literally case and point why people aren’t a fan of these services but I probably wouldn’t have got round to the game otherwise and I played the rest of the series through Now first. Now I’m like a travelling cowboy, spreading my tale of woe and dissuading people from this path I walk alone.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I see, that's a shame. I'm fairly sure the game is pretty cheap nowadays, physical and digital. Depending on your skill you still might get several hours game time out of it just trying to beat Sigrun.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets The gnawing feeling of the game being incomplete keeps me up at night. If there’s a sale soon that brings the price down to about £8, I’ll bite.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I've not touched it since I got the platinum (yes I am goading you). I have the game on disk if you want it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers but I think I’ll just pick it up digitally next sale since I’m starting to go less and less physical!

jdv95

BearsEatBeets wrote:

Sony's first party games have certainly done a good job of late of keeping 'hard difficulty' trophies separate with a new game plus update, if adding one at all. It will be interesting to see if Naughty Dog embraces this philosophy with TLOU 2 or continues with their own record of having the extra hard trophies.

with no MP trophies to clog up the list (thank god),i wonder what alternative trophies ND will come up with. perhaps weapon related trophies like the uncharted games. or maybe even a speedrun,altough i don't think that fits a TLOU game not to mention it will be a rather lenghty game (their longest game yet) and usually it's the shorter games that get a speed run trophy.

jdv95

Thrillho

@johncalmc I’m glad they finally patched the game. Most of the trophies popped when I loaded the game the other day but there’s a few I need to tidy up (including the replay of chapter 4).

Weird but great game.

Thrillho

johncalmc

@Thrillho I enjoyed it, but I have to say I wish it had been shorter. By the end I was really feeling fatigue with it. And I guess that people who played it on the original timeline didn't face that issue as there was such a wait between episodes, so maybe that's it. There were amazing moments - the song in the bar for example gave me legit chills! - but it did feel a bit of a slog towards the end.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@johncalmc I finished it within a week but had to have a break after chapter 4.

That chapter is overall the best (obviously the moment you mention is one of those great gaming moments) but it became a bit of a slog.

I then came back and chapter 5 takes like 30 minutes to finish. Imagine having waited years for that to come out, even if it was beautifully done.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic