Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 201 to 220 of 381

Jaz007
Scollurio
Jaz007

I was able to start this since PSN was back up last night. It's a pretty good game. The gunplay is really satisfying. There's nothing better than knifing someone in the face. I'm playing as the Hunter, which really fits my play style. You're either sniping, or trying to melee someone. Which is how I usually play games. And the agility is really useful for recovery. I've died less in Destiny than most other games I play. Sniping can be a bit harder at times. I'm not sure it's possible to snipe in the crucible though. Doesn't really matter since fusion rifles are best there though.
Speaking of the crucible (which is also the first competitive online MP I've played), I like it. I'm decent at it too (K/D above one). Well, at least when I'm not staying up late and tired. I got creamed when I was tired, and learned not to play competitive MP unless I can being my A-game. It's also frustrating to get taken out by a Lv. 26 abilities at Lv. 9 lol.
Another few thoughts. Dancing. The first that happened when I got into the tower was a guy waved at me, and then we danced. A highlights of the night. I also think the abilities take too long to cool down. Maybe it's because I'm only a Lv. 9 so far.

TL;DR Destiny is great, I'm gonna put a lot more time into it.

Im interested in hearing your impressions when you've reached Level 30, would you mind giving me some feedback then?

Sure thing. I'll be back once I reach Lv. 30.

Jaz007

Jaz007
get2sammyb

The gunplay is fantastic. It's definitely the best thing about the game - firing weapons feels so satisfying. I think it looks great, too. I just really don't like the bullet sponge enemies - that's my main gripe.

Yeah, the bullet sponges are a bit rediculous. I did the moon strike, and the boss was rediculous. I had some PS2 RPG nostalgia when I fought it. I also dislike how knifing doesn't work on smaller bullet sponges. I want to knife a blade of catora (or however whatever the thing that drops the sweet sword is), but it reacts before I can get away.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I'm a leve 22 now and I have a few frustrations with the game, still love it, but I I've a few issues. One is the an AI problem, when I go invisible, they still follow me; they don't shoot, but the follow my position, making it very hard to use a blink strike backstab. Another issue I have is with the abilities. It makes no sense to have to choose one over the other a lot of the time. What does crouching when invisible have to do with kills extending the arcblade length? Why can't I have improved control on my jumps and have extra height. It just kills a the sense of progression when you should get both. These aren't like choosing one grenade over the other. It seems like a PVP balancing thing that doens't really balance much, just messes up things and jacks up PvP. Anyone else feel the same way?

Jaz007

Scollurio

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm a leve 22 now and I have a few frustrations with the game, still love it, but I I've a few issues. One is the an AI problem, when I go invisible, they still follow me; they don't shoot, but the follow my position, making it very hard to use a blink strike backstab. Another issue I have is with the abilities. It makes no sense to have to choose one over the other a lot of the time. What does crouching when invisible have to do with kills extending the arcblade length? Why can't I have improved control on my jumps and have extra height. It just kills a the sense of progression when you should get both. These aren't like choosing one grenade over the other. It seems like a PVP balancing thing that doens't really balance much, just messes up things and jacks up PvP. Anyone else feel the same way?

Enjoy the experience that is there, as I did, but unfortunately as you delve deeper into the workings of the game, the frustrations will pile up. You already said it: sense of progression is one big problem of the game, there are others too, like the general mission structure, the countless factions to grind, the upgrade system, general balancing... again. Enjoy what it is there as this game has superb gameplay and atmosphere, the rest will run thin though.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

yokokazuo

I've been thinking of buying this game although I'm not completely sure yet. Just recently tried the demo and I've enjoyed it overall so far and while I don't mind grinding too much, after doing so for awhile I do tend to get tired of these games.
Also after seeing the review for the DLC, I'm guessing it isn't worth that, right?

yokokazuo

PSN: yokozuna1

Tasuki

yokokazuo wrote:

I've been thinking of buying this game although I'm not completely sure yet. Just recently tried the demo and I've enjoyed it overall so far and while I don't mind grinding too much, after doing so for awhile I do tend to get tired of these games.
Also after seeing the review for the DLC, I'm guessing it isn't worth that, right?

Yeah I can tell you right now if you don't like grinding alot then you wont like Destiny. You can get to max level very quickly then after that it's just grinding to get better gear.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

arnoldlayne83

yokokazuo wrote:

....while I don't mind grinding too much, after doing so for awhile I do tend to get tired of these games.

So then stay away from this game.... It has a grinding level/byzantine loot system at the masochistic's level.... plus is the ultimate money grabbing game ever made.... I believe your well earned money can be used for better games (FarCry4, Mordor, GtaV, Samurai Warriors4, Driveclub and so many others).

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

arnoldlayne83

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah I can tell you right now if you don't like grinding alot then you wont like Destiny. You can get to max level very quickly then after that it's just grinding to get better gear.

You meant you can get to endgame very quickly then after it's just grinding fest to get better gears (= higher levels), right?

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

shingi_70

So I jumped back into the game earlier this week, since I never finished it and paid for everything upon launch, and the game has grabbed me once again. I played for about four hours straight today and reached level 19. Going to probably spend tomorrow playing and try and do the Glass Vault before moving onto dark below.

Just for confirmation non of the Dark Below content other than the Video actives till you've beaten the base right?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

PSN: shingi_70

Jaz007

I have to say, killing someone using an Arcblade super with a melee is one of the best feelings ever.
On some sidenotes though, I've been at Lv. 24 for a while now. Is it best to just buy some armour from a faction at this point? I've finally started looking into the whole faction thing too. Dead Orbit has the strength/discipline build I want for my bladedancer. Plus there capes look the best and match my black color shader. I just wish they were full capes and not half-capes.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

I just played some of the new Inferno mode (no radar PVP control), and I have to say, it's amazing. I'm running a bladedancer (max agility) shotgun build and it's perfect for the lack of radar. People don't know where I am until their dead. I just left a match with a 5.2 KD ratio. I'm usually a between 1 and 2. It wasn't one of those lucky sucker teams versus a good team match ups either. I definitely recommend trying Inferno mode out.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

themcnoisy

I know this is not the place for it - but we are running vault of glass on Friday 7pm UK time. See the thread in online gaming, if you want to join in.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

The vault of glass was nothing like I expected. Insane. But good at the same time. Am I one of a few people who has passed it with a blue scout rifle? Great game and good times. @Jaz007 yeah I played inferno control its s lot more hectic and the control points move around a lot more - control is the best mode imo. Salvage on the other hand is rubbish.

Jaz007

@Scollurio I reached Lv. 30 a recently. I still love Destiny. I'm little less enthusiastic than I used to be, but I think that's also because I've played about 100 hours. The slow progression of light level now doesn't bother me that much, but that's also because I've started getting exotics which add a sense of progression. The game is still a bit overly grindy though. Getting shards to upgrade legendarys is harder and slower than it really needs to be. The crucible needs a better rewards system. I'd also say the game could use a few more strikes to make them a bit less repetitive. A few more positives though. I like how they bring in new MP modes periodically. For example, I really liked it when they brought in Inferno mode, and while it's too grindy and takes too long to get the rewards, I think the Iron Banner is a great bit of PVP end-game content that lets you really show off your fancy gear. And overall the game really plays great and has a great feeling to it.

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

Jaz007 wrote:

@Scollurio I reached Lv. 30 a recently. I still love Destiny. I'm little less enthusiastic than I used to be, but I think that's also because I've played about 100 hours. The slow progression of light level now doesn't bother me that much, but that's also because I've started getting exotics which add a sense of progression. The game is still a bit overly grindy though. Getting shards to upgrade legendarys is harder and slower than it really needs to be. The crucible needs a better rewards system. I'd also say the game could use a few more strikes to make them a bit less repetitive. A few more positives though. I like how they bring in new MP modes periodically. For example, I really liked it when they brought in Inferno mode, and while it's too grindy and takes too long to get the rewards, I think the Iron Banner is a great bit of PVP end-game content that lets you really show off your fancy gear. And overall the game really plays great and has a great feeling to it.

Good to hear you are still enjoying it. I'm at 31 and while I'm not playing much at the moment I'll no doubt be back soon for the next expansion. Just take a break for a few weeks if it wears thin. We all need to do the Crota raid at some point too!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Weskerb

I'm in for the Crota raid.

Weskerb

themcnoisy

I need shards to upgrade my stuff. If anyone knows a time light way to get them let me know. Then I will join in on the raid..

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.