Forums

Topic: PS4pro | OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 203

Tasuki

As much as I want one, at this point I can't justify getting it when my PS4 is working just fine. It also doesn't help that with the Switch and Scorpio coming out next year any money I would use for the Pro I can put towards those two things. Besides I dont own a 4K, don't see me getting one anytime soon so it wouldn't make that much of a difference. The only reason I would buy it is for a bigger HDD but I am sure I will be able to find a slim or regular PS4 with a bigger HDD on sale here for alot cheaper then a Pro at some point the next few weeks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

Doing the transfer on mine now I don't expect to benefit from it much till I get a 4K telly but the improvements to games like FF15 on a 1080 set are just what I wanted for now. On top of that I get a bigger hard drive and another controller plus the trade in value of my old PS4 so..yeah, happy days!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ranjas

in portugal we already have sales , from 400€ to 359€ and with a game free of choise (from a list , best one of them is shadow of mordor and fifa )

ranjas

Splat

Doing data transfer right now...

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

@Splat: not impressed with Skyrim on PS4 Pro at all, it does look nice but the slight framerate drop isn't worth it IMO. Hope they patch in some options. Lame :/

kyleforrester87

Splat

Sorry for the double post but I fixed it. For some reason my TV only had HDR turned on in HDMI slot one. I had my PS4 Hooked up to HDMI slot two.

Edited on by Splat

Mega-Gazz

Mine is set up, restored the backup, and now downloading hundreds of gigs of software. Time for tv

Mega-Gazz

NathanUC

(all on a 1080p screen)
Well, my first experience with the Pro was World of Final Fantasy.... and man was that a bad experience. On the Pro, it's super blurry with pixilated character models. On my standard PS4, it looked fine. The worst part is I can't disable the 'Pro Mode' without deleting the patch....

Second experience was Ratchet and Clank where all was forgiven. What a beautiful game. I'm almost glad I never finished it on the standard so I can experience more of it on the pro!

Third was Skyrim. Sure, it looks a LITTLE better, but I still think it was a huge lost opportunity not to offer 1080p/60fps. I'm hoping Fallout 4's support is more fleshed out (but it probably won't be)

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

themcnoisy

Uh ohhhh

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-why-are...

Flipping heck, I was just about to order this. What's the point if games run worse?

How are you finding the pro @kyleforrester87 read your comment on skyrim. I think you need a 4k tv to get the most out of the console from most of the articles I've read so far the 1080p super sampling isn't worth the fps tradeoff. Found a pro for £325 and can sell my PS4 with no hassle for £110 minimum - so £215 for the pro, but I'm unsure if I want to do that now and save for a TV first and just buy a 2tb hard drive for my original ps4. Cant believe Sony have messed this up. They should of launched VR first, then in 6-12 months launched the pro. Obviously they weren't to know all this but seems crazy releasing loads of things all at once.

Jeez, anyway let me know bro. Maybe I should buy a 1 tb slim model.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy:

Those after a locked, consistent 1080p 30fps experience throughout Rise of the Tomb Raider are best off sticking to the standard PS4 right now.

That's ridiculous, frankly!

As I mentioned though, I found obvious benefits with games like Ratchet and Infamous, even on a 1080p set. Happy to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment with it being very early days but they need to tighten this up.

Now, I got my Pro for FF15.. it remains to be seen whether that was a smart choice or not, but as the patch is apparently not out until after the game drops I suppose it would have made more sense to try it day 1 on my standard PS4 and if performance was no good get a Pro to benefit from the patch that launches in December.

Anyway, hopefully they get a handle on these problems. I'm glad there are sites doing in-depth testing to call them out on this stuff.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

NathanUC

@themcnoisy: Personally, I think the Pro is going to shine in new games in 2017. All of the games getting 'patches' seem like they are just testing the waters. If you only own a 1080p tv, you probably won't think the Pro is worth it just yet. It's probably games like Final Fantasy XV and Horizon that are going to make you wish you had a Pro

I was able to sell my launch edition for $275 usd and get my Pro for $370 usd, so for me, it was an easy decision. Even if just for the higher quality video/screen capture options.

The EDF deploys!!

Splat

I really think moving forward more games need to take the Tomb Raider approach. Give players the option to play in 4K or improved 1080p with better FPS.

NathanUC

@kyleforrester87: World of Final Fantasy looks horrible with the super sampling. Everything is crazy blurry and character models are all pixely. It should 100% be an optional 'feature' if it's going to be negatively effecting games.

The EDF deploys!!

Mega-Gazz

Because of quick and dirty patches to old games released for free in a rush. Why spend lots of time/resources/money on something that won't net sales?

Mega-Gazz

themcnoisy

@Splat: @Mega-Gazz: @NathanUC: @kyleforrester87: Didn't Mr Cerny state that it doesn't take much man power to ps4 pro a game?

Booooolshhhip.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

NathanUC

@themcnoisy: My guess is that it doesn't as long as you account for it early on. It's probably more difficult to 'retrofit' these older games. It seems like it would be pretty easy to just up the resolution, but as we are seeing in games like Skyrim, the results aren't going to be great in all games.

The EDF deploys!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.