Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,111

JohnnyShoulder

The theme for this page is honestly, which is absolutely the best policy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

@nessisonett @RogerRoger Ah well that's too bad. It's always dumb when developers do stupid things like that. I guess I'll just go with the cheapest copies that I can find since I can at least sell them afterwards. But that's something I'll worry about later after I've finished Absolution and Blood Money. Thanks for the help!

@JohnnyShoulder Dishonestly, I don't think we've used that word that much.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge It’s not really dumb as such. It’s incredible that IO managed to create one ecosystem for the three games despite being owned by Squeenix originally and then striking out on their own and becoming an independent company. To maintain their original plan and keep a cohesive structure, despite moving to ‘full games’ instead of an episodic release, that’s genuinely impressive. If anything, they deserve credit for Hitman 2 and 3 being absolutely up there with the first one, despite them lacking the supervision and funding of Square Enix. All three games in the trilogy have different publishers yet they’ve incorporated connectivity between the three and you retain your purchases across games.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

The theme for this page is honestly, which is absolutely the best policy.

Oh no! That was unintentional repetition on my part, I assure you! I hope that @LtSarge didn't think I was mocking them or anything; I hones... no, let's find another word... genuinely, I genuinely just wrote that reply out conversationally, and it must've just been something near the surface!

@LtSarge @nessisonett I find it very telling that Ness, myself and other fellow fans will often rush to defend the recent Hitman trilogy around here because yeah, a lot of questions about it have less-than-ideal answers. Can be overcomplicated to keep track of what versions of which instalments you've got access to? Yes. Is the permanent server connection is entirely inexcusable? Absolutely; that kind of malarkey is an absolute no-no in my book... and yet, if you "get" it like we all appear to get it, then none of that matters. It's worth the headache, worth the risk of an occasional progress-killing disconnection, because my word, when you're in the zone, there's nothing quite like Hitman.

And it took me a while to arrive at that point, by the way. When I first played The Complete First Season, I was rather unimpressed with the whole thing. It wasn't until I'd finished my first story playthrough of Hitman 2 and went to balance out my trophy percentage that things finally clicked.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You didn't come across as mocking anyone, to me anyway.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Phew! I'm honestly reliev... oh, damn it, now it's all I can say!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Brilliant! Haven't caught up with the headlines yet, but knew there'd be some Hitman news and wondered whether there'd be some form of "complete edition" in the works. I'm glad IO Interactive are finally gonna simplify and unify the whole thing. I'll tag @Ralizah here as well, because I believe they were interested in the trilogy and how to go about getting access to all of its content.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Yep, this is clearly the package I was waiting for. And on Game Pass! I don't have an Xbox, but I do have a PC, so I might go ahead and sub next the the three-month period is on sale.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I believe they're also releasing PS4 and PS5 versions, so you can bet it'll be £20 in one of next year's inevitable PSN sales, too. Which'd make it a freakin' steal.

Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

I already posted about it over in the PS5 forum but for all of you who enjoy 2D platformers, I highly recommend Unbound: world's apart.

Fantastic hand drawn art, A hint of metroidvania but mostly platforming. Provides a good challenge.

Your character looks a little like Vivi/Orco and is a young mage who uses portals to manipulate the environment to solve puzzles in order to progress.

MightyDemon82

RonFreakinSwanson

I am new to this. I’m a casual gamer. I mostly play MLB The Show. I want to branch out a little more. My all time favorite game is Ocarina of Time. I was looking for some suggestions for PS4 games. I like the following types:

Linear (don’t care much for exploration or open world)
Beat ‘em ups
Shooter (not stealth or strategy; run in guns blazing)

Any thoughts?

RonFreakinSwanson

LN78

@RonFreakinSwanson Hi there! Absolutely love your username. Have you tried "Devil May Cry V" yet? It was the first game that came to mind that ticks all of your boxes.

LN78

sorteddan

@RonFreakinSwanson

For beat em ups - Streets of Rage 4 was really well recieved.
Action shooter - try Doom (2016) or Doom Eternal
Personally i found the Uncharted series to be more linear than I was expecting so maybe try the 4th one of them.

Though many sites, including this one, publish lists of best games in different genres so maybe do a web search for whichever you're interested in and be sure to check out more than one review before you commit.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@RonFreakinSwanson next to already named and good suggestions I would also recommend Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. If you like the humor of those movies you gonna love that game it a fun linear action game

PSNid: Lavalera

Thrillho

@RonFreakinSwanson The Uncharted series and the new DOOM games are great shouts.

Other FPS games from the PS4 era that are well worth a look include Titanfall 2 (USP of getting to play as a mech as well as a person) or the new Wolfenstein games (made by the DOOM team but with a bit more of a plot if you enjoy shooting some Nazis).

Thrillho

RonFreakinSwanson

I appreciate all the suggestions. I will definitely look into these.

RonFreakinSwanson

I have never played a Final Fantasy game before, and just noticed the FF VII remake is on sale (still on the expensive side, given it is a AAA title), but the discount is there. Should I give bite the bullet and purchase, since it has been so recommended and talked about and I like JRPGs?

Edited on by avatarian

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic