Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,111

nessisonett

Buy Life of Black Tiger, I can guarantee you’ll enjoy it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

urrutiap

I dont even know what the hell Black Tiger is. What is it?

urrutiap

Col_McCafferty

@urrutiap So, what kind of games do you like?

😉

Don't be rude mate, it's not a good look.

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@urrutiap It’s an action adventure classic, just buy it now.

urrutiap

Well, whats Black tiger about? Never heard of it.

Also any good sales on games on the Playstation 4 PSN store?

urrutiap

Thrillho

Well, it’s nice to finally get to use the ignore function I guess.

Thrillho

Quintumply

@urrutiap Hey, man. There are a LOT of excellent PS4 games, and people here are just trying to help you out. Not everyone is going to have read the thread you made a while back. You've asked for help; let people help you. No need to be rude.

There's a huge variety of RPGs on PS4, but I'll just rattle off a few here: Dragon Quest XI S, Persona 5, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Bloodborne. They're all very different, but maybe you'll find one you like among those.

Action/Adventure is very broad but you can't really go wrong with: Uncharted 4 (I'd recommend playing the first three as well if you haven't already, there's a remaster collection on PS4), Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel's Spider-Man (and Miles Morales), Shadow of the Colossus, and Yakuza 0 if you want something different.

Horror — again, there's so much. The last few Resident Evil games have all been great (7, and the remakes of 2 and 3). There's also The Last of Us 2, Layers of Fear, The Evil Within, Outlast 1 and 2, Until Dawn, SOMA, and Alien: Isolation.

You've said you're only interested in one racing game, but again, there's enormous variety, so here's a selection. DriveClub (may be difficult to find but it's worth it), Gran Turismo Sport, Hotshot Racing, WipEout Omega Collection, DIRT Rally 2.0, and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.

Be kind to others, and enjoy your PS4.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

urrutiap

I already have Persona 5 for my Playstation 3 and I have Persona 5 Strikers for my Nintendo Switch Lite. Not interested in getting Persona 5 for my Playstation 4

urrutiap

bluedex

I'm starting to suspect that someone is behaving/responding in a certain manner as a p1ss-take
It's the only explanation left to me

bluedex

colonelkilgore

@Paenica have you played Horizon: Zero Dawn... it’s free right now, not what I would consider easy and a real fun platinum?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@Paenica If you're a fan of FromSoft, have you given the Nioh series a try? The combat in them are deeper than any FromSoft game and brings the challenge. But I will say that FromSoft has them beat with environments and variety of enemy character designs. Do you like a Medevil setting? If so give FF14 a try, the entire base game is free and there's a vast amount of content. Do you only have a PS4? If you have a switch or pc give Hades a try if you like indies.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@Paenica If you do decide to play FF14 just know going in that it's an experience that gets better over time. I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and it's hitting the right notes for me at the moment. If you've ever played DC Universe I could compare the combat to that.

Here's something different for you, look up Ghostrunner. There's a demo right now and it's on sale for $20 if you like it. It may fall under the "anime-type" game for you but have you ever looked in NieR Automata? This one also has a demo, unless they took it down. If you like PvP in Souls then maybe a game like For Honor could scratch an itch? Ever thought about Monster Hunter World? These are the only suggestions I could come up with at the moment, sorry if it doesn't help.

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@Paenica Ahh okay yeah MMO surely isn't for everyone, that's a shame about Nier and MH World, those are masterclass games. Yeah it was definitely well received, I'd say get away from reviews, download the demo, and form thoughts for yourself.

Currently Playing:

nessisonett

@Paenica Try Katana Zero, it’s pretty similar to Hotline Miami in ways but it’s a great ride. Also Shovel Knight if you haven’t played that.

Voltan

@Paenica I thought Ghostrunner was great. It's punishing but literally instant respawns make you want to try again. There's a "boss" level that made me die 300 times in 20 minutes but it still didn't discourage me from going on because it's just a lot of fun. It's not too long and it introduces new types of enemies and challenges throughout its run so I wouldn't say it gets too repetitive even if the general premise is kind of simple.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Paenica Given that you’ve mentioned Mutant Year Zero, I assume you’ve played XCOM 2? And with War of the Chosen DLC? The DLC completely transforms the game and it’s one of my favourite games.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Paenica Mortal Shell is just OK. Well, a bit less than that imo. Obviously better for you to make your own mind up about it but I probably wouldn’t recommend it.

nessisonett

@Paenica It’s honestly a good first attempt at the genre for a smaller studio but games like that need to have a little bit more meat on their bones and the game really is very short. A sequel could be brilliant though.

Thrillho

@Paenica XCOM is pretty variable. Some missions will throw you in hot but mostly you have time to explore the map and make the first move. But unlike Mutant, it’s all turn based (that game gave you free control until you engaged in combat).

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order ticks some boxes for you too but there might be some things you don’t like. I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic